What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mergers and Premiership Tallies

How Many GF's have they won

• Total voters
lol @ 'end this argument'.

Baroness, David Gallop could call it number 16 and you'd still sook about the result.

Sore losers never get over it.

I'll ask the question again, if Newcastle won the premiership this year, would you be still claim they didn't beat the best team?

And did Newcastle win the premiership in 1996 by beating the best?

When you have nothing, ramble sh*t, the Willow way!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
What's wrong, the questions too tricky?

If Newcastle won the premiership this year, would you be still claim they didn't beat the best team?

What's wrong, the questions too tricky?

If Newcastle won the premiership this year, would you be still claim they didn't beat the best team?

We didnt win a premiership in 96 it was 97.

And I would happily put an *next to it.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
1997* FTR, I was happy to see the Knights win it.

So if Newcastle won the premiership this year, would you be still claim they didn't beat the best team?

SoftSydney

Juniors

So if Newcastle won the premiership this year, would you be still claim they didn't beat the best team?

I dunno about this one it sounds like an egg to me, if people are saying the GF was tainted because the storm was rubbed out its a write off. The second best team was the rooters the storm dont come into it in any way, same with the dirty cheating dogs team of 02. The only tainted premiership that could be considered for discussion would be the 04 one.

Sorry Willow I misunderstand I was under the impression you meant if the Knights had of won this year would I be happy to accept an *, yes I would as we hadnt beat the storm, over the cap or not.

1997 we won the official comp so no * required.

Dragon Dave

Bench
So Baron,

St George Illawarra have just won their maiden premiership because the NRL officially says so, yet this season is not official and the 2010 premiership should have a *...but the NRL doesn't officially say that.

Double standards?

I didnt say it was official I am just saying the best team(and yes they were the best team being 1.5 million or whatever over the cap) and as such there needs to be an * next to this premiership.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Sorry Willow I misunderstand I was under the impression you meant if the Knights had of won this year would I be happy to accept an *, yes I would as we hadnt beat the storm, over the cap or not.

What is your basis for putting an * next to the 2010 premiership because teams didn't beat the storm? Who says the storm were the best or were going to be the best team in 2010? Some sections of the media and some fans may have but so what? You're assuming that the storm would be the best team of 2010 because they won in 2009 - no, ultimately, the best team in 2010 was the team that won the GF in 2010. Likewise, just because the dragons were the best team of 2010 doesn't mean that they will be the best team in 2011.

PS - The storm CHEATED the salary cap and BROKE THE RULES- they're team cannot be counted as the best anyway because they were ILLEGALLY assembled.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
here baron, catch...

422180.jpg

As my Grandfather warned me...... "It isn't easy doing the decent and right thing"

Look people 3 clubs cant win 1 GF I am waiting for a St George fan to atleast attempt to explain to me how they can.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The Storm were disqualified for cheating.

If a runner is disqualified for failing a drug test (ie cheating), is the eventual winner's medal devalued?

Baron Vo Mandor said:
Well you're entitled to your belief, but The NRL is a joint venture of Super League and the ARL. So both are considered official by the record keepers. Looks like you want it both ways.

I was on the side of the ARL as well. But half the teams were playing in Super League. If ever there was a season with an asterix, it is 1997.

to_ddeath

Coach
What is your basis for putting an * next to the 2010 premiership because teams didn't beat the storm? Who says the storm were the best or were going to be the best team in 2010? Some sections of the media and some fans may have but so what? You're assuming that the storm would be the best team of 2010 because they won in 2009 - no, ultimately, the best team in 2010 was the team that won the GF in 2010. Likewise, just because the dragons were the best team of 2010 doesn't mean that they will be the best team in 2011.
PS - The storm CHEATED the salary cap and BROKE THE RULES- they're team cannot be counted as the best anyway because they were ILLEGALLY assembled.

Don't bother with intelligent, logical explanations.... this will be far too overwhelming for Mr.Von Pratdoor.

T.

I am trying to find something remotely resembling a point in this gibbering incoherant, hopefully drunken ramble........

Seriously mate you need help.

Zoggy

Juniors
The Dragons were the best team. We finished on top 2 years in a row after the regular season. If the Storm could have scored points in 2010 they would of ended up 5th on the table.

to_ddeath

Coach
You tell us, juanjuanfinally.

Is it?

Feinsy would make a good useless psychiatrist. Answers question with useless question back
to the person asking the question, as if the answer somehow lies within themselves....
Pity Mr.Fiensy wouldn't make a lot of dosh out of it, as he spends far too much time on here being
Professor Merger Wanker :lol:

The Dragons were the best team. We finished on top 2 years in a row after the regular season. If the Storm could have scored points in 2010 they would of ended up 5th on the table.

And definately the fact they were playing for zero points certainly didnt affect their motivation......

Idiot.

5th place at a trot, imagine if they had of been allowed to play for points you boys would have been entering year 13 and still not have won a premiership.