What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will the tears dry up? Ryan James breaks rules to align with NSW.

Big Pete

Referee
"I only played for Queensland under-18s because of where I was at school," James said, "To be honest, I didn't like putting the jersey on, but you've got to do what you've got to do.

"Technically, I probably qualify for Queensland because I played my first senior football on the Gold Coast, but all my other footy was south of the border and that's why I want to play for the Blues.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...oon-jersey-again/story-e6frep5x-1226069207566

NSW don't break the rules hey?

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
I don't really mind, if that's how Ryan James feels good on him.

But there goes the, we don't select players from another state excuse...although they already managed that with Steve Rogers.

adamkungl

Immortal
I don't really mind, if that's how Ryan James feels good on him.

But there goes the, we don't select players from another state excuse...although they already managed that with Steve Rogers.

He's not from another state :sarcasm: He's from the same state that Folau and Inglis are from

MSIH

Bench
We haven't picked him yet. He just said he wants to play for the Blues.

Atm it's just like me saying that I want to play for the Blues, or Hornby telling people he's retired from Rep footy. Doesn't mean anything.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Born in NSW, played most of his footy in NSW, yet we are cheating. F*uck you poo-reds are reaching now, all over a silly technicality.
Pretty much the same situation as me, so hypothetically I would have been a QLDer too with these silly rules. :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Tweed Heads = NSW

Oh but he once put on a pair of footy boots in QLD when he was 17. :lol: :crazy:

Those are the rules, I don't care for them either but didn't stop you guys from whining.

Do they only apply when Vossy reveals footage of Inglis running out during an Arrive Alive cup?

bluey

Bench
At least they are very transparent, unlike inglis/ folou// tonga/ lam ect ect

Joker's Wild

Coach
Poor form Pete

The bloke hasnt been picked so comparing him to Inglis is absurd.

Besides, if he played south of the border when he was 16 then the point is moot

Last edited:

Broncomum

Juniors
Geez the Bluesmedia camp is grasping for straws if all they can try to do is stir this old pot again.
They really are a disappointment on all fronts these days.
Ricky goes to the media today to tell people he doesn't want his selections to be played out in the media
:?
Now it's "let's do the 'his ours if he ever gets good enough for Origin' story & throw it back at Qld."
:roll:
I'm sure Mal's sleep patterns will be interupted according to the intensity of this earth shattering piece of journalism.
;-)

Deadset, I have never read so much cr@p in ages; umm... Blues? The Maroons are eating a la carte these days, stir whatever pot you like, it'll give us somewhere to throw the used boots .... enjoy what ya stirring up guys!
:lol::lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Poor form Pete

The bloke hasnt been picked so comparing him to Inglis is absurd.

Besides, if he played south of the border when he was 16 then the point is moot

You're telling me off for poor form when you have that banner JW? Really?

We've had to put up with NSW whinging for years and how they wouldn't break the rules. There it is right there.

Inglis only came up when Tweedy was complaining about the rules. I compared him more to Mead who happened to get quite the thread for just signalling his intention.

Also he admitted his first senior game was in Queensland.

JW - the article was written by Rothfield. Generally I wouldn't post any of his articles...but I saw the direct quote.

Broncomum

Juniors
This was in the Courier Mail, a QLD paper you moron

Moron?
:sarcasm:
The erroneous justification you point out is indicative of the intelligence you portray in your posts.
And the likes of posters such as yourself only get one response from me, the one that tells you you're not in my league so run away quietly dear, without weeing on the floor ok?

:roll:

Educational moment for the uneducated trolls: Phil Rothfield is the Executive Sports Editor for the Daily Telegraph, a Sydney based newspaper.

Last edited:

Latest posts