What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Moore

Bulldog Force

Referee
what are you gibbering about now packy....how this relates to my last thread is.....:crazy:

I'm just here as a reality check for you'se.

You'se arent who you think you'se are, just a run of the mill club have been for yrs, once you realize that you can move forward.

June 30.

ps: I think Jimmy seems to be the only bloke offering some hope of realism. (for now)
Animal, do you even know that the anti-tampering deadline is no longer part of the game FFS? Thread idea...

Packy

Bench
what are you gibbering about now packy....how this relates to my last thread is.....:crazy:

I'm just here as a reality check for you'se.

You'se arent who you think you'se are, just a run of the mill club have been for yrs, once you realize that you can move forward.

June 30.

ps: I think Jimmy seems to be the only bloke offering some hope of realism. (for now)

Well it seems that you have no real grasp of anything. I deduced that you musn't watch much footy to still think that there is a June 30 deadline.

Reality check? You're from the moon. You make no sense and have balls the size of peppercorns. You can't answer straight questions like "Which team do you support?" and still have the audacity to troll here.

You're zero.. nothing... nada... You aren't even a good troll.

Now I must confess, I was wrong. You are just geniused instead.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
So, now that we got pumped by the sharkies and the pennies, now will the doubters start to get behind the idea that moore is shit as coach?

Packy

Bench
I don't know enough about the insides of the club but I know the coach isn't solely responsible.

Look through the history of the NRL. You will find heaps of coaches and teams that have not performed the the expected level. Even some Bennett coached Bronco teams....

Also - Even if Moore is the problem. There is absolutely no f**kin way we should ever sack a coach mid season. Never.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Is there some unwritten rule that teams aren't allowed to lose anymore?

f**k I hate supporters who write off a coach because of a bad season or a bad run of games. f**king cannibal behaviour.

doggie_4_life

Juniors
Is there some unwritten rule that teams aren't allowed to lose anymore?

f**k I hate supporters who write off a coach because of a bad season or a bad run of games. f**king cannibal behaviour.

It's not cannibal behaviour, infact i think myself (as well as others) have been very patient with our coach but enough is enough. I go to most doggies game that are played this year, and in saying that from the first round last year up until now, our team has underachieved drastically, you can't say that has nothing to do with moore or the way we are coached. We finished 13th last year and god knows where we will end up this year. I expected better from you Timmah, get off the moore band wagon

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
cannibal behaviour? :lol:what?
Cannibal = eating your own.

Some of our fans wait for our club to reach it's weak points and then lay into it, rather than banding together and building positive energy.

It's not cannibal behaviour, infact i think myself (as well as others) have been very patient with our coach but enough is enough. I go to most doggies game that are played this year, and in saying that from the first round last year up until now, our team has underachieved drastically, you can't say that has nothing to do with moore or the way we are coached. We finished 13th last year and god knows where we will end up this year. I expected better from you Timmah, get off the moore band wagon
Very patient? He's in his third season. He took us within 80 minutes of a grand final in his first season, and struggled with an injury-hit roster last year. This season we're sitting on the same points as teams inside the top eight and with just one or two wins and a change in attitude, we can still turn this season around.

Teams have bad runs, bad seasons, bad days, whatever. Turning on the people responsible for the clubs form and how the team plays... it's such a pisspoor thing to do as a supporter. I'm not for a moment suggesting Kevin is doing a good job, in fact at the moment I feel he's let us down. Suggesting I'm on his bandwagon is hilarious though.

I hope he turns it around - and I don't think we should sack the guy because we're in a black spot. Give him a chance to prove his worth, then review his role at the end of the season.

If we sacked every coach for a team losing a few games, the NRL would run out of coaches very, very quickly.

I won't be sacked: Bulldogs coach
Would have posted this in Bulldogs News but the site will not allow me too now? Please move it if you can.

Embattled Canterbury mentor Kevin Moore says he can't hear the death knell for his NRL coaching career, dismissing rumours he will soon be sacked.

Moore said speculation about his tenure was a direct result of the Bulldogs' middling season, but was adamant his underperforming team could still feature in the finals.

Bulldogs chairman Ray Dib took the extraordinary step this week of assuring Moore's future in a letter to fans, amid speculation a loss to Melbourne on Saturday night in Adelaide would lead to the coach being replaced.

Moore, contracted until the end of next year, said the speculation was not distracting him from the task of reviving the fortunes of the 10th placed Bulldogs.

"I have been around the game long enough, things like that are going to happen when you're not performing," Moore said in Adelaide on Friday.

"The only way to change it is by performance and that is what we'll be striving to do.

"We're technically equal seventh so any team in that position, if you can string four or five wins on the trot, you're going to find yourself comfortably in the eight.

"And then you are starting to prepare for semi-finals, so that is what we're aiming to do."

Moore appealed for perspective about the record of seven wins and eight losses for a team touted as premiership contenders.

"We are not even two-thirds of the way through the year, so I think it's important that we keep things in perspective," he said.

"And from my point of view the players need to come up with a really good performance tomorrow night, we're coming up against the competition leaders and a team that is renowned for its quality so we need to make sure that we're very good."

The Bulldogs will host the Storm in a nominal home fixture at Adelaide Oval without star NSW hooker Michael Ennis, who was injured in Wednesday's State of Origin decider.

His prognosis remains unknown with the No.9 missing scheduled scans in Sydney on Thursday due to delayed flights out of Brisbane.

"He leaves a big hole for us, he's our only state of origin player ... but we need to manage that and need to be better when we're missing key players," Moore said.

"The message that I will be sending to our boys is that we need to stand up and whatever we lack without Mick being there, we need someone else to put their hand up and make sure that we're not deficient."

http://www.nrl.com/i-wont-be-sacked-bulldogs-coach/tabid/10874/newsid/63711/default.aspx

Timmah

Staff member
I don't think he was addressing you, ease up mate.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ray Warren announced during tonights game that Ray Dib has sent a letter addressing the Moore rumours and he said that Kevin Moore's job with us is safe. Thank f**k these rumours can finally be put to rest.

Ray Warren announced during tonights game that Ray Dib has sent a letter addressing the Moore rumours and he said that Kevin Moore's job with us is safe. Thank f**k these rumours can finally be put to rest.

I think(but im not 100% sure) he was talking about this letter:

A message from our Chairman
4/07/2011 5:04:14 PM
Dear Members and supporters of the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs,

I write this letter on behalf of the Board of Directors to address ongoing media speculation regarding our Club, our performances in 2011, and our head coach Kevin Moore.

Let me state from the outset, we all agree that our on field performances to date this year have been below expectations, and like our Members and supporters, we are disappointed with our results. No-one sets higher standards than those we set for ourselves.

The playing and coaching group, along with management at the Club, shares the responsibility for our performances and everyone is committed to working harder than ever to turn things around.

It’s important to note that the entire Club, from the board of directors through to the players and staff are all determined and united in our collective desire to improve our on field results. During the tough times, it’s important that people stick together.

I can confirm that Kevin Moore and his coaching staff (Jim Dymock, Brett Kimmorley and Andy Patmore) all attended a recent Board meeting. This was a mid-season review that is scheduled each year and was an opportunity for the coaching staff to update the directors on a range of issues. A similar meeting will be held at the end of the season.

In relation to ongoing media speculation, I can assure you that Kevin Moore will not be sacked based on the result of this weekend’s game. Kevin has a contract as the Head Coach of the Bulldogs and the Club will work closely with him and support him at all times.

Ultimately, all of our staff & players are held accountable for the results both on and off the field, but leadership is about lifting people up not tearing them down.

We are in a results based business and when faced with performances like we have seen in recent months, disappointment and frustration are two entirely understandable responses.

While we acknowledge our shortcomings, no-one at the Bulldogs is looking for an easy way out and nor do we intend to start now.

Hard work continues behind the scenes to ensure a better performance against the Storm on Saturday night and everyone in the organisation is accountable.

In closing, we have not and will not dignify gossip, unnamed sources or innuendo with a direct response.

Yours Sincerely

Ray Dib
Chairman – Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=38779&title=a-message-from-our-chairman

Timmah

Staff member
Are you blind?

That letter was posted on our official website and here on LU on Monday.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Are you blind?

That letter was posted on our official website and here on LU on Monday.
Ok well in my defense I only visit the Bulldogs website once a week, and I barely travel past the forums here on LU. I'm simply saying what Rabs said during the game last night. Don't shoot the messenger.

Latest posts