What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to Sharks

WTF.
THE struggling Cronulla Sharks are on the verge of announcing four major signings for next season including boom Tigers forward Andrew Fifita.
Fifita's Tigers teammate Bryce Gibbs, Parramatta halfback Jeff Robson and Knights hooker Isaac De Gois are also headed for Shark Park.

BUT THIS PIECE,
Fifita is a sensational prospect who played City-Country this year and who recently agreed to a 12-month contract extension at Leichhardt.
Salary cap pressure from signing Adam Blair has now forced coach Tim Sheens to release both players.

But not Fifita please, unless he is not happy at Concord or the playing group (who tell everyone that they are close knit) are not happy with him (happened with Ben T'eo).

So does Blair know that he's going to play prop?
So why not look at the other purchases who have not been sighted in 1st grade and more than likely won't be needed, in order to ease salary cap pressure, I can think of,
Junior Moors,
B Ryan & M Utai - time to give the young guys a go,
G Daniella - already given Simona a go,
Moltzen well maybe yes and maybe no,
Gibbs is he ever going to be more than a bench warmer now?
Fulton because Blair is a back rower,
Then there's McKinnon and Payten that will save some $$'s won't it?

I remember years ago there was the Save Siro thingy because the tigers were struggling with $$'s the way Fifita has been going of late I think we need a Save Fifita fund?

Front-Rower

First Grade
Criminal if this happens but wouldnt surprise me. We all know the great one doesn't like front rowers who bend the line and bump off tacklers. Doesn't fit the gameplan of surrendering for quick play the balls :crazy:

MacDougall

First Grade
Fifita is a gun and has improved drastically. His performance against the Knights was sensational as I finally saw him run straight and he realised he can smash people that way too. He has it all as a front rower, one of the best front row prospects the Tigers have ever had. If they lose him I will dead set scream.

He's also precisely the sought of player that would carve up the Tigers.

magpie_man

Juniors
wow what a waste; he could've become a cataclysmic wide-running backrower at wests and he seemed to be progressing well under sheens with the weight he lost in the offseason and all. I just can't see him reaching his potential at the sharks...

b.bear

Juniors
I can't believe this S**t Fifita WTF !!!!. What is humphries/Sheens role in this mismanagement
I would go as far as to say I would rather keep this kid than sign Blair , he could be anything , and will be the dominant prop in the nrl 2-3 years and we are going to sign a second rower to play prop !!! WTF!!! . the way thing's are going we will have six NRL standard players on the field (benj robbie lote blair ellis lawrence ) and rest made up of NUFFIES expecting to compete..

get rid of fulton gibbs schirnak ryan even heighinton and whoever it takes to keep this kid

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'll say one thing: the rumours suggest that we definitely wanted to keep him, but the Sharks have offered massive over ($350K or thereabouts). Sheens clearly likes Fifita, but I know for a fact that he rates Murdoch-Masila a better prospect than Andrew, and there is also huge wraps on Groat and Begovich. The thing is, aside from BMM who I think will also be a gun, Groat and Begovich are unproven - sure they are great prospects, but they haven't shown it in FG yet. What happens if they don't step up to the next level? Fifita at least has, and has done it well.

Anyway, I like Fifita alot but he is not worth that much, that is top dollar. The thing is, even if we did not sign Blair, I doubt we would have matched the Sharks' offer, we don't seem to ever pay overs for players. So it seems that he's signed a new deal with us, then his manager has received this offer from the Sharks and he's obviously thought it is a good deal (let's be honest, who would reject that kind of money?).

Very disappointing, but juniors like Fifita (or at least players we have brought into FG) should get some special compensation. The salary cap stinks.

I can understand the club trying to re-invigorate the place, and while it is disappointing to lose Fifita, I still think Blair is a much needed signing. We need some fresh blood, the players are in their comfort zone.

it would be a perplexing move by wests.

youd rather have him than blair at sandow money.

anyway..

we would be foolish to release topou. he is being used poorly by the 70minute man.
he should come of the bench as an impact player. but cant because the squad is weak.

if we can afford to get gibbs, degois and fifita that would be awesome.

the sharks have good young players coming through the under 20's. a few good signings to help them through would be great.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I would be very disappointed to see Fifita in another clubs colours. In fact I would prefer him to blair right now, let alone in the next few years when he could be anything

he just signed a new deal so...

i doubt that will happen.

losing players sucks.

we developed snowden from a rough young bloke who headbutted people into a top line prop. then a fat guy phones in at the last moment.

meanwhile our other prop. established first grader. 130+ games in a row....decides to leave for the f**king goldcoast.

its balls.

but its the system we are in.

I'll say one thing: the rumours suggest that we definitely wanted to keep him, but the Sharks have offered massive over ($350K or thereabouts). Sheens clearly likes Fifita, but I know for a fact that he rates Murdoch-Masila a better prospect than Andrew, and there is also huge wraps on Groat and Begovich. The thing is, aside from BMM who I think will also be a gun, Groat and Begovich are unproven - sure they are great prospects, but they haven't shown it in FG yet. What happens if they don't step up to the next level? Fifita at least has, and has done it well.

we have to pay overs. its simply in the position we are in.

the club lost the 2 starting props. Paul Gallen is the one legitimate blue chip player. young up and comers in the halves and supercoach flanno......

if cronulla dont sign promising players..even at over paying. then were left with shit all..not exactly a promising message for next year and improving membership base.

Gents, Fifita and Gibbs are as good as gone.

Fulton has one foot out the door.

Heighnington................FMD, Heighnington.............

Tiger Hawk

Bench
I'd sacrifice Hino for either Gibbs (definitely) or Fifita (probably).

As I said in other threads, Gibbs would make a much better lock than Hino IMO. Couple years younger as well.

MacDougall

First Grade
Has Heighington received any offers? I'd heard of him being shopped around but I haven't news of any clubs showing interest? Though I imagine Bennett at Newcastle would love to take him.

philgood

Juniors
Why the hell is Heighington, who is one of our most consistent performers and heart and soul of this club, being let go? How the f**k does the club find itself in this position?

And dont get me started on Fifita!

BuffaloRules

Coach
All I can say is unbelievable...

Hope Hino does go to Newcastle and wins another premiership with Bennett, because he wont be winning one with the Tigers...

Latest posts