What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 1 | Sun | Storm 18-8 Knights | AAMI

FW1: MEL v NEW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no name

Coach
WTF is Wally on? The last of the regular fixtures? Good luck in the finals?
Billy looked confused.

Apey

Staff member
That was just really frustrating. We are definitely one of the dumbest teams.

Doogs had a real shit game, ruined opportunities because he refused to pass to Uate.

LatK7

First Grade
Honestly, I'll never respect Slater because of bullshit like that.

I'll never, ever forget him running 20 metres to punch Jason Nightingale in the back.

Missed what happened, can someone fill me in?

Agreed about the Nightingale thing. Grubby.

ironhorse

Juniors
Knights weren't bad in the second half and they only ended up losing 3 tries to 2
Storm aren't looking all that crash hot all of a sudden[/QUOTE

..they were up 18-0 after 30 minutes then coasted home , i guarantee the Storm have plenty in reserve.

dopey tactic of bombing it to slater all day with minimal pressure, it wasn't f**king working the first 15 times why keep doing it?

Noname36

First Grade
Congrats Storm.

Typical end to a typical season for Newcastle really. We try harder than anyone, but we're really just a dumb football team. No other way to put it really.

Still, did well to make the semis considering everything. Bring on 2012.

skeepe

Immortal
That was just really frustrating. We are definitely one of the dumbest teams.

Doogs had a real shit game, ruined opportunities because he refused to pass to Uate.

He's always been a selfish player, and given it was his last game, there's no way he would have let someone else have the spotlight.

Raider_69

Post Whore
lets be honest, the knights were just never in the contest
no slight on them, just playing a different game to the storm who didnt need to get out of 2nd gear

if your a storm fan the only issue you have is not putting the foot on throat and finishing it 30 before they got the faintest of sniffs

stormbati

Bench
No disrespect to Knights fans but we never got out of 2nd gear. Never really had to turn it up.
Knights did most the damage themselves. Mullen choked bigtime!

Spot On

Coach
No disrespect to Knights fans but we never got out of 2nd gear. Never really had to turn it up.
Knights did most the damage themselves. Mullen choked bigtime!

No mate, that's generally what you get with Mullo. Sprinkle that with three or four really good games a year. That's Mullo.

Evenflow

Bench
Storm aren't looking all that crash hot all of a sudden

:lol:

Spoken like a true Stains fan, more hope than anything else because you know your own team is gone. Storm did only what they had to do and not a thing more, the Knights didn't help their cause with some silly plays but to be fair the Storm were too good overall and as mentioned did only what they had to do.

I dont mind the Knights though, they'll improve a heap on this year and i've no doubt they'll go much deeper into the final next year. I wont be at all surprised to see them being a serious contender in the next couple of years.

Storm pretty much won this game off the back of a strong first half and their set completions was the key. They looked really composed with Cronk's kicking game and the forwards controlled the middle of the park well.

Sika Manu stepped up big time and led from the front. Duffie, Lowe and Neilson were also strong IMO.

Noa

First Grade
In the words of Marcellus Wallace, the Storm were pretty f**kin far from OK tonight.

Will have to left in 2 weeks.

RHCP

Bench
Sigh. I can't believe how stupid we are. Honestly, some of the shit our players pull is mind boggling, mainly Gids and Mullen. You could hardly even call them brainsnaps, they happen so often taking a good option would probably be a brainsnap to them.

Never in doubt for Melbourne. Bring on Bennett.

Joker's Wild

Coach
:lol:

Spoken like a true Stains fan, more hope than anything else because you know your own team is gone. Storm did only what they had to do and not a thing more, the Knights didn't help their cause with some silly plays but to be fair the Storm were too good overall and as mentioned did only what they had to do.

I dont mind the Knights though, they'll improve a heap on this year and i've no doubt they'll go much deeper into the final next year. I wont be at all surprised to see them being a serious contender in the next couple of years.

Spoken like a Storm fan in denial

Gidley kicks both goals and McManus gets the ball down and the Knights are level pegging with 7 to go. The Storm scored 0 in the second half and could have paid for it.

Take that attitude into other games and they will get bitten. I wouldnt be so confident

Sleep

Juniors
The Storm were in cruise control the entire match. They were happy just to come away injury free without getting out of second gear.

Mullen was awful yesterday. Like Soward he gets kick happy when he's frustrated. He had zero patience and instead of building pressure constantly went for the knock out blow. Melbourne will punish you for it every time.

Melbourne will be far better in two weeks time.