What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Titanic bid for PNG to coast in - Titans to be sold to PNG Consortium?

El Diablo

Post Whore
I really don't see that as big issue with Victorian Labor getting behind the AFL in Victoria.
It would be similar to state Labor is NSW funding Kogarah Oval, WIN Stadium in Wollongong, Campbelltown Stadium, Bluetongue Stadium, Parramatta Stadium and Penrith Stadium.
Would do make of (so-called) Manly fan Tony Abbott's promotion of The West Coke Eagles to the US President?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/mp/11764904/eagles-snare-super-recruit/

:lol:

the second time you've tried to drag this off topic

why don't you state the truth about the pic?

Julie Bishop gave him the jersey

she is also on the board of the West Coast Eagles

nothing to do with Abbott

With the help of Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop, US president Barack Obama received an official West Coast jumper, complete with the first digit on the back. It was a also a plug for a club sponsor that money cannot buy.

Bishop is also a board member of the Eagles and used her opportunity to meet President Obama with Opposition Leader Tony Abbott to push West Coast's interests.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
I think its more of a case that the NRL have hitched themselves to News Ltd and the Daily Telegraph. The NRL supports any group the Telegraph supports. The AFL changed their support to the ALP in 2007 because they knew would win government. The NRL is full of muppetts like David Gallop. The AFL make their own decisions,

changed?

they were always ALP

you vote Labor so are just trying to defend your mob giving the scabs anything

and you cannot backup your claim as it's bullshit

Last edited:

Green Machine

First Grade
:lol:

the second time you've tried to drag this off topic

why don't you state the truth about the pic?

Julie Bishop gave him the jersey

she is also on the board of the West Coast Eagles

nothing to do with Abbott
I didn't drag it off topic. I never brought BS politics into it.
I see it upset you the first time, that you had to delete it.
I see that Julie Bishop is a board member of the West Coke Eagles.
So much for the Liberals having no connection to the AFL.
I would have thought the leader of the Liberal Party would have given the American President a jump from the team he represents.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I didn't drag it off topic. I never brought BS politics into it.

yes you did by trying to say Abbott supported the AFL which has nothing to do with the funding the AFL gets from Labor

if you read this thread you would see how Labor politics was introduced and why it's on topic

the Liberals are not with any code

the NRL are not aligned with any party

prove me wrong

Green Machine

First Grade
changed?

they were always ALP

I can't remember a major issue between the Federal Government and the AFL prior to 2007. If you can, please mention it.
you vote Labor so are just trying to defend your mob giving the scabs anything
No need to get personal. Maybe you shouldn't use articles about the connection between a Victorian state Labor Government to the AFL in 2007.
and you cannot backup your claim as it's bullshit
I don't try to fabricate anything El. I'll leave that to experts like you,

El Diablo

Post Whore
what is your infatuation with 2007 and the Federal government?

you clearly have not read this thread

Green Machine

First Grade
yes you did by trying to say Abbott supported the AFL which has nothing to do with the funding the AFL gets from Labor
The Federal Labor Government has thrown heaps of money into Rugby League of late; Campbelltown Stadium, Newcastle, The new NRL HQ, the new ground at Mudgee which host the City V Country match, a new grandstand at Windsor. I thought Abbott would support his local football team. Pretty strange if the AFL was in bed with the Labor party that Abbott would be promoting the AFL and not his local club,

if you read this thread you would see how Labor politics was introduced and why it's on topic
With BS as usual
the Liberals are not with any code
I never said the Liberals are behind any code, though the clubs will appreciate the generous tax breaks

the NRL are not aligned with any party

prove me wrong
Graham Annesley

El Diablo

Post Whore
Labor Voter said:
Pretty strange if the AFL was in bed with the Labor party that Abbott would be promoting the AFL and not his local club,

With the help of Deputy Opposition Leader Julie Bishop, US president Barack Obama received an official West Coast jumper, complete with the first digit on the back. It was a also a plug for a club sponsor that money cannot buy.

Bishop is also a board member of the Eagles and used her opportunity to meet President Obama with Opposition Leader Tony Abbott to push West Coast's interests.

Last edited:

Green Machine

First Grade
the Labor lacky defending his mobs handouts to the AFL :lol:
And I also showed plenty of handouts to Rugby League.

you certainly did

you accused the NRL of being aligned to Liberal
I think they are. No one can despute the connect with the NRL's offical radio station to the support of the Liberal Party. Or the Daily Telegraph or the Australian's support of the Liberals. Phil Rothfield's column became like a campaign to get Graham Annesley elected,

Green Machine

First Grade
explain what was BS

this will be a challenge for you as now you'll have to read the thread and see where it started lol
Go and read it yourself. I'm about to get in the car and head back to Sydney. Will be interested to find what you dig up on conflict between the AFL and the Government prior to 2007.
The stupidest thing that the NRL did it 2007 was to let John Howard pork barrel on Grand Final day. Only a fool didn't know he was about to lose office. See you next week,

El Diablo

Post Whore
Well prove me wrong and show me what conflict the Federal Government had with the AFL before 2007,

ohh ffs

why do i have to do something that's already been done in this thread?

it is not my fault you haven't f**king read it

but because you're a simpleton http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?p=7895959#post7895959

Mr Demetriou famously incurred the wrath of Liberal MPs including federal Treasurer Peter Costello in 2005 after he criticised Australia's attitude toward migrants at an Australia Day speech.

Latest posts