What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Movements & Contract Lengths

The Wrong Eye

Juniors
I have heard Buddy Gordon and another player have had their contracts torn up after an incident on the weekend. Have not seen anything in the press to confirm this though.

mxlegend99

Referee
I hope we atleast have a shot at Mason. He might be beyond his best, but his last season for the Cowboys was still well ahead of anything the likes of Ciraldo, Galea, Newton etc. have offered.

franklin2323

Immortal
I would take him. He is the style of forward we need. Would be cheap. 2 years would do him. By that time VTK will be ready to destroy teams. Sure he's a knob but the would bring exposure to the club. Something we lack. May even put bums on seats just to boo him.

murraymob

First Grade
Mason should not be let anywhere near our club.He has not helped one club he has gone to and at 31 forget it.put that money in the kids instead

soc123_au

Staff member
I would have him in a heartbeat. He still had plenty to offer at the Cowboys. Worth the risk at the right price I reckon. Even at 25 quality minutes a game he could punch some holes on the edges.

campbo

Juniors
I have heard Buddy Gordon and another player have had their contracts torn up after an incident on the weekend. Have not seen anything in the press to confirm this though.

I just read that (DT website is the source) Yileen Gordon has been stood down indefinetly after a hit and run accident. It has been alleged that Buddy was driving while disqualified and hit a parked car. The vehicle he was driving apparently belongs to lower grader Brendon Gibb who has been released to return to QLD. Nafe Seluini was also in the car and was cautioned.

It claims that police may lay charges against Gordon.

Panther_Brendo

Juniors
Yileen Gordon was training very well before this incident. I was dissapointed to read that he was involved in an incident. Lets hope both he and Nafe can step up to the plate and prove that it won't happen again.

I look forward to the trials in February. Ivan Cleary has stated that he has an open mind in many respects. This gives many players an opportunity to prove their worth and also keeps the regular first graders on their toes.

maple_69

Bench
So we've lost Gibb, Gordon and Worrincy also...think I might follow the beach volleyball this year.

Spitty

Juniors
So we've lost Gibb, Gordon and Worrincy also...think I might follow the beach volleyball this year.

To be fair of those 3 only Gordon played FG last year and even that was on a limited capacity.

I'm pretty cut that Gibb left too, but he's an each way bet at best, he's just as likely to bomb out as he is to succeed.

Worrincy showed glimpses, but he was a bench player for a pretty average team in the UK and couldn't crack the top grade in the NRL for a pretty average team even with a fair bit of injuries in the backrow. His prospects of making it were below 50/50.

Besides have we actually released Gordon yet????

franklin2323

Immortal
Austin re-signed for 2 years. Another thing on NRL on Fox gus said we have never used 3rd party deals. Can we put them on existing contracts? Or is that illegal? We need the space to work with.

bigfoot

Juniors
Player Movements & Contract Lengths

Last updated: 30/06/12

Player Movements

2012 Gains

Lewis BROWN (2013 - 2015) Source
Dean WHARE (2013 - 2015) Source
Sika MANU (2013 - 2015) Source
James SEGEYARO (2013 - 2015) Source
Shane SHACKLETON (2012) Source

2012 Losses

Michael GORDON Source
Nafe SELUINI (mid season) Source
Sandor EARL (mid season) Source

Re-Signings
Brad TIGHE (2013 - 2015) Source
Luke WALSH (2013 - 2015) Source
Blake AUSTIN (2013 - 2014) Source

Contract Lengths

Off Contract end of 2012

Michael GORDON Source
Etu UAISELE Source
Junior TIA-KILIFI Source
Shane SHACKLETON Source

Off Contract end of 2013
Harry SIEJKA
Nathan SMITH
Nigel PLUM
Travis BURNS
Kevin KINGSTON
Cameron CIRALDO
Chris ARMIT
Danny GALEA
David SIMMONS
Ryan SIMPKINS
Geoff DANIELA
Clint NEWTON Source
Dayne WESTON Source
Josh MANSOUR Source

Off Contract end of 2014
Lachlan COOTE
Luke LEWIS
Blake AUSTIN Source
Vaipuna TIA-KILIFI

Off Contract end of 2015
Michael JENNINGS
Sam MCKENDRY
Tim GRANT
Brad TIGHE Source
Luke WALSH Source
Lewis BROWN Source
Dean WHARE Source
Sika MANU Source
James SEGEYARO Source

Unknown
Sarafu FATIAKI
Mitch ACHURCH

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Of those off contract in 2013...you'd think only Weston & Seijka likely to be retained with the remainder to be replaced by young juniors coming through.

Panther67

Juniors
Not sure if David Simmons will play first grade again. Well at least for Panthers anyway. I would be very unhappy if he is here beyond 2013.