What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R4 | Sun | Storm 44-4 Roosters | AAMI

Round 4 result: Storm v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-mel-main.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Anthony Quinn 3. Justin O'Neill 4. Dane Nielsen 5. Matt Duffie 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Sika Manu 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Kevin Proctor 16. Siosaia Vave 17. Jason Ryles

2012teams-syd-her.jpg

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Justin Carney 3. Joseph Leilua 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Braith Anasta (c) 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Martin Kennedy 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Frank-Paul Nuuausala

Interchange: 14. Tinirau Arona 15. Mose Masoe 16. Lama Tasi 17. Daniel Mortimer

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer and Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner and Gavin West
Video Referee: Rod Lawrence

Related matches
Toyota Cup R4 - Storm v Roosters @ AAMI, Sun 11:45am (FOX Sports 2 LIVE)
QRL ISC R3 - Easts Tigers (MEL) v Northern Pride (NQL) @ Langlands Pk, Sat 3:00pm
NSW Cup R4 - Cronulla Sharks (CRO, MEL) v Mounties (CAN) @ Toyota, Sat 3:00pm
NSW Cup R4 - Newtown Jets (SYD) v Canterbury Bulldogs (CBY) @ Henson Park, Sat 3:00pm

2012-r4melsyd.jpg

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Flying down for this one. No expectations that we will even come close but just keen to tick off AAMI park from my list of Aussie stadiums to visit (dairy farmers, skilled and suncorp are the last ones left)

Any Melbourne fans out there want to fill me in on what to expect from the local fans? Went to a storm broncos game at Olympic park a couple years back after going down for origin and have to say, it was pretty full on :lol:

BDR

First Grade
I remember a few years ago the Storm played us up here and we were 40-0 down at half time. So... a lot

skeepe

Immortal
Any Melbourne fans out there want to fill me in on what to expect from the local fans? Went to a storm broncos game at Olympic park a couple years back after going down for origin and have to say, it was pretty full on :lol:

Expect threats of physical violence if you dare cheer for your team.

Storm fans are almost as feral as Rabbitohs fans.

If you want to make a big impression, dress up as David Gallop.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Expect threats of physical violence if you dare cheer for your team.

Storm fans are almost as feral as Rabbitohs fans.

If you want to make a big impression, dress up as David Gallop.

You see plenty of ferals on TV during games down in Bleak City. Any time a visiting team gets more than 2 penalties during a game they go off their head

Grapple

Bench
Flying down for this one. No expectations that we will even come close but just keen to tick off AAMI park from my list of Aussie stadiums to visit (dairy farmers, skilled and suncorp are the last ones left)

I must have been to about 8 or 9 Storm home games over the years. I would always catch the train being the only Dogs fan and never once had any problems, at the game or afterwards, nor did I see anything. The worst thing at Storm games is the dead silent atmosphere when they're not scoring and/or getting beaten... and that stupid cowbell.

They did have some good chants going in The Graveyard days, but that seems to have been lost since going to AAMI. Fantastic stadium to watch League in though.

northwest9

Juniors

storm fans are pretty normal, expect everyone to be in storm colours. i think its a victorian thing, you see the whole family walk in with everything, hat, jumper, jacket, tracky daks, flag and scarf. must spend a fortune of merchandise

have you been to a raiders game? they are animals, scum of the earth. you wont have to fear for your safety like you do at a raiders game

Danish

Referee
Don't get me wrong, the Storm fans were in good humour for the most part... just they were absolutely savage in their taunts of the broncos players, and not having seen a single broncos fan there (surprising being 2 days after origin) I have no idea how that anger would be directed towards opposition supporters.

We sat near one of the 3 tunnels Olympic park had - incidentally these were higher than the seats, and ensured an obstructed view from almost every seat on the concourse, a truly horrid stadium - and a group of ferals were complaining about Folau being a "f**king judas merkin" for leaving them.

Come time for the broncos to enter the stadium, one of them actually leaned over the fence and into the tunnel area so that brisbane players had to nudge passed him and SCREAMED in folau's face that he was traiter scum :lol:

Should be a fun trip.... besides the arse raping of my team of course

bileduct

Coach
have you been to a raiders game? they are animals, scum of the earth. you wont have to fear for your safety like you do at a raiders game
You are talking about the Canberra Raiders, right? Not the Oakland Raiders?

What happened, they gang banged your missus and she left you?

Latest posts