What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R4 | Sun | Bulldogs 6-20 Knights | ANZ

Round 4 result: Bulldogs v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-cby-main.jpg

1. Ben Barba 2. Steve Turner 3. Josh Morris 4. Jonathan Wright 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis (c) 10. Sam Kasiano 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Dene Halatau 13. David Stagg

Interchange: 14. James Graham 15. Greg Eastwood 16. Corey Payne 17. Joel Romelo

2012teams-new-her.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. James McManus 3. Timana Tahu 4. Junior Sa'u 5. Akuila Uate 6. Tyrone Roberts 7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Kade Snowden 9. Danny Buderus 10. Adam Cuthbertson 11. Chris Houston 12. Zeb Taia 13. Neville Costigan

Interchange: 14. Matt Hilder 15. Richie Fa'aoso 16. Joel Edwards 17. Alex McKinnon
Reserves: 18. Zane Tetevano

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins and Phil Haines
Sideline Officials: Adam Reid and Grant Atkins
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Related matches
Toyota Cup R4 - Bulldogs v Knights @ ANZ Stadium, Sun 12:45pm
NSW Cup R4 - Newtown Jets (SYD) v Canterbury Bulldogs (CBY) @ Henson Park, Sat 3:00pm
NSW Cup R4 - Newcastle Knights (NEW) v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers (WST) @ Cessnock Sports Ground, Sat 4:00pm

2012-r4cbynew.jpg

Last edited:

ouwet

Bench
Hopefully the weather for sunday is clear! Our first day game of the season!

I'm expecting the crowd to be around the 20-23K mark on a nice day. Around 15K on a rainy day.

0neye

CAN'T SEE THE DOGIES WIN 4 IN A ROW BUT YOU NEVER KNOW
GO THE DOGIES :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

the dude

Juniors
Knights will put in an improved performance but don't think it will be good enough to win.

24-16

perverse

Referee
going on form, we'll lose this by 30 or so. we'll have to improve at some stage, but i'm not certain that this is going to be the week.

having said that, i think our defence is committed enough to not have a cricket score put on us at any stage.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I'm really sorry to say this and will probably get lambasted by my fellow Knights fans for my complete lack of faith... but I don't think we can win this game. Des Hasler will tell the Bulldogs to go out and do the same thing he used to tell Manly...bash our forward pack into oblivion and then have your way with them.

Until our pack actually grows some balls and gets some fire in the belly, we'll be completely dominated up the middle. Pritchard and Barba will have a field day if we continue in our present form.

All I can hope for is that we find some consistency, build pressure and tighten our defensive line. We don't have to win, but some improvement in the fundamentals would be nice. A low scoring arm wrestle would be good.

undertaker

Coach
should be an absolute crackerjack of a match and the Knights will have to be at their best to beat a firing Bulldogs lineup. Hopefully will be good weather on Sunday at the crowd is 20k minimum

I know this is a cliche' but I think this is a danger game, for some unknown reason when we play an undermanned Knights squad they come out and play like world beaters.

IMO if we underestimate them we will get humiliated, we especially have to keep an eye out on Boyd and Uate who tend to have great games when they play us.

Dogs by 4

Crowd of 21212.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
I like the pessimistic outlook from Knights fans in here; it's good. I just hope the team don't have the same attitude ...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kade Snowden will play his 100th NRL game
Timana Tahu will play his 100th NRL game for the Knights
Trent Hodkinson will play his 50th NRL game

Joker's Wild

Coach
I'm really sorry to say this and will probably get lambasted by my fellow Knights fans for my complete lack of faith... but I don't think we can win this game. Des Hasler will tell the Bulldogs to go out and do the same thing he used to tell Manly...bash our forward pack into oblivion and then have your way with them.

Until our pack actually grows some balls and gets some fire in the belly, we'll be completely dominated up the middle. Pritchard and Barba will have a field day if we continue in our present form.

All I can hope for is that we find some consistency, build pressure and tighten our defensive line. We don't have to win, but some improvement in the fundamentals would be nice. A low scoring arm wrestle would be good.

Hard to argue with this really