What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The injuries thread.

Not as bad as first thought. Physio had said another 3 weeks until I'm back to where I was when I saw him after it, but revised that to 1-2 weeks on Friday. Was able to do a hard row yesterday - I only managed to do my first one after my intial tear a little over 2 weeks ago. No more League trainings before Xmas for me. Should be well and truly, no doubt 100% when they start up again early-mid Jan.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I think I've twisted my pelvis again, lower back hurts like a mother f**k after long runs or if I've been on my feet for over an hour.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I think I've twisted my pelvis again, lower back hurts like a mother f**k after long runs or if I've been on my feet for over an hour.

swear jar Cliffy, so much for that NY resolution

I did my Achilles a few months back while I was bowling and struggled playing cricket prior Christmas as I could only bat and couldn't bowl

It was only a strain not a tear but enough to cause alot of pain and it would be very stiff and sore every Sunday morning.

Some one put me onto this and its amazing, it healed in 2 weeks and no discomfort after walking 7 or 8 ks or jogging. Its specifically for joining tissue repair. Also works wonders for nails and hair, hence a lot of women use it.

http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/horsetail-000257.htm

Commonly known as Equiset,or Horsetail.

Last edited:

borat

Bench
Torn both hammies close to double figures on each, grades 1, 2 & 3. Torn both calves & both quads on a number of occasions, and a hip flexor which was the most uncomfortable of all. I estimate close to 20-30 soft tissue injuries in total over the past 15 years, needless to say my physio drives a very nice car.

Hyper extended/dislocated elbow which was incredibly painful.

Frailty

First Grade
My left wrist has been f**ked the last week, but weights yesterday really made it sore.

Going to have a rest and then by some wrist wraps to support my wrists.

Red Bear

Referee
Sprained ankle kinda badly playing soccer today. f**kity f**k.

Having a dad who's a physio pays off in these situations though

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Type 2 AC joint bust, medial ligament damage in the left knee, meniscus problems in the right. Shoulder only clicks and cracks when im doin flies and holds up pretty good for everything else. Knees are a different problem and am very restricted to what i an do in the gym. Can still manage deadlifts, half squats/leg press/lunges etc.

Been the case since high school so have learned to manage it and train around it pretty well. Just need to be creative sometimes.

As for things that don't give me ongoing grief.

Crack in my skull after a viscious head clash playing
multiple concussions to go with that
Busted eye socket
6 or 7 broken noses
Cracked sternum (hurts when you breathe)
Fractured my hand getting a punch wrong
Broken arm
Fair few rows of stitches in my head/chin/hand/leg

Think that covers it. Footy is a fun sport lol

abpanther

Staff member
Over the weekend I did a bit of chainsaw work. Woke up on Monday morning with a sore back, thought f**k it I'm gonna train anyway and did my routine which included squats and deadlifts.

Back was sore rest of Monday and Tuesday. Woke up on Wednesday and it felt ok, got to the gym and started squats and my back was farked, did 3 sets and then failed at my last 2, finished my workout though.

Gonna give it a couple of days extra rest, makes you realise how much you also use your lower back when squatting

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
did last nights session still hung over from the weekend.

Actually felt much better once i finished (obviously sore but my head was feeling better)

Might be onto something here

Snoochies

First Grade
Anyone ever heard a pop when doing deadlifts. Happened last Friday to me and saw the doc on Saturday and said it was probably a muscle strain. It's not hurting too bad now and it hasn't stopped me living normally but am taking a week off.

The pain hurts the most when I arch my back --back. anyone had any issues like this before?

dogslife

Coach
I occasionally get a sore back after doing deadlifts, nothing serious though. Usually a couple of nurofen and a heatpack and I'm painfree the next day

Cliffhanger

Coach
First time I did deadlifts I got a sore back. I had to rest for a week, it nearly killed me.

I haven't went for a run since Sunday, because my stupid left calf muscle decided it was a good idea to stay contracted for 12 hours when I had an allergic reaction. For some reason that badly f**ked up my ankle which only today stopped hurting to walk on.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Right elbow joint has been really sore since doing curls. Hopefully ive just hyper extended instead of getting tennis elbow or something thats constant

melon....

Coach
Do muscle strains normally go pop?
Yes...My Quad did last week...Grade 1 tear aka "Quad Strain". if it doesnthurt just a bit of discomfort but free movement, its Grade 1. Rest, Ice and compression for 3 days and youll be OK in a week to 10 days. i asked a question in a seperate thread myself but got answers before any of teh 72 readers commented. LOL.

Yes you can hear them pop.

_snafu_

Immortal
Lower back spasm, can barely walk or dress myself. A hot shower seems to ease it a bit. Happened a day after my first run after a 3 week forced break (work commitments).

I have not felt anything like it - crippling.