What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R17 | Sun | Rabbitohs 38-12 Panthers | ANZ

Round 17 result: Rabbitohs v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Nathan Merritt 2. Andrew Everingham 3. Shaune Corrigan 4. Dylan Farrell 5. Justin Hunt 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds
8. Scott Geddes 9. Issac Luke 10. Luke Burgess 11. Ben Lowe 12. Chris McQueen 13. Michael Crocker

Interchange: 14. Jason Clark 15. Dave Tyrrell 16. George Burgess 17. Nathan Peats

2012teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Etu Uaisele 3. Brad Tighe 4. Geoff Daniela 5. David Simmons 6. Blake Austin 7. Harry Siejka
8. Dayne Weston 9. Kevin Kingston (c) 10. Nigel Plum 11. Clint Newton 12. Cameron Ciraldo 13. Ryan Simpkins

Interchange: 14. Matt Robinson 15. Chris Armit 16. Mitch Achurch 17. Arana Taumata
Reserves: 18. Danny Galea

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gerard Sutton and Steve Lyons
Sideline Officials: Grant Atkins and Jason Walsh
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Toyota Cup R17 - Rabbitohs v Panthers at ANZ, Sun 12:45pm

nrl-r17soupen.jpg

Last edited:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Sadly the Rabbitohs will probably put 50 unanswered points on this woeful Panthers side.

Rabbitohs by 26 to play it safe.

BranVan3000

Coach
Honestly, Penrith seem a different team week to week. Wouldn't be surprised if they provided a good contest this week

They won't win though

natheel

Coach
Hmmm logically I'd go souths but I think penrith will be really hurting after losing to us and will be itching for a decent game

I'll go panthers in an upset by 2

BranVan3000

Coach
Hmmm logically I'd go souths but I think penrith will be really hurting after losing to us and will be itching for a decent game

I'll go panthers in an upset by 2

Conversely that could just be the straw that breaks their back. I honestly can't see them pulling off any monumental upsets with their stars out anyway

Timmah

Staff member
No Inglis + Taylor vs No Jennings/Grant/Lewis

hard to call, Souths by a couple?

BunniesMan

Immortal
No Inglis + Taylor vs No Jennings/Grant/Lewis

hard to call, Souths by a couple?
The Panthers with their stars couldn't beat a useless Parra.

On the other hand, we won our last game without GI/DT.

And who knows, DT might not even get picked.

Caged Panther

First Grade
With injuries and rep I availabilities for SOO and NSW residents our side will litrealy be close to reserve grade quality. Hard to see much but a flogging here.

Galeforce

Bench
with Merritt moving to fullback , our centres/wingers are a strong reserve grade standard however not much punch at NRL standard.Looking to our pack and halves to take the game.
a Tradesman team performance required to win this game and would be a surprising lift if they can add substantially to our for/against. A loss is unthinkable and would sag our final aspirations.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We will win but it won't be a flogging. The only time we've had close to 80 minute performances has been against good top 8 teams.

Scoreline will be something like 36-18.

Timmah

Staff member
The Panthers with their stars couldn't beat a useless Parra.

On the other hand, we won our last game without GI/DT.

And who knows, DT might not even get picked.

Teams with certain players out sometimes lift their game - Tigers without Farah on a few occasions seem to actually turn the flair on. You never know.

With injuries and rep I availabilities for SOO and NSW residents our side will litrealy be close to reserve grade quality. Hard to see much but a flogging here.
NSW Residents? The NSWRL was pretty clear that players being considered for NRL selection wouldnt be picked.

As a result the only Windsor players named in the Residents side were Robinson and Moylan, not really cutting into your depth that much there.

Pugzley

After making the Parramatta Eels look good with a gritty 1 point extra time win last week, South by 60.

f**k my life........

jonno_knights

Juniors
Panthers side going to look extremely ordinary with injuries and origin.

Its a sad state of affairs when Clint Newton, David Simmons and Cameron Ciraldo are three of your most notable players...

Timmah

Staff member
Souths named, as expected Corrigan to centres and Everingham to wing with Merritt taking GI's fullback jumper.

Refs also named.

Latest posts