What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where does it end?

Pig Mouth

Juniors
So another origin series has come to a close with triumphant Maroons taking the trophy for the 7th consecutive year. The Blues are left gutted and empty handed. The coach is whining about the referees.

Even Brad Fitler is having a paranoia attack calling for secret meetings with the boss. Brad Fittler, a guy who has never blown a whistle in a real footy match, is so desperate that he decided to go behind Bill Harrigan's back just to stab him with a jagged blade of envy.

How jealous can one be?

The recent NSW team has been a true embarrassment to their state. A team that managed to put an entire generation of kids through high school without ever experiencing the pleasure of witnessing their team win a series. Hundred thousands of disappointed kids every year, millions of disappointed fans.

The Blues supporters do not go down quietly, especially the NSW media. Some of the post origin articles in the Daily Telegraph have been incredibly entertaining to Qlders. The only thing that comes to close to being as good as winning an origin series, is listening to the ripple of the tears and denial flowing down the river of NSW's sorrow.

They certainly do a good job to make sure everyone hears of how it was the refs fault, the Maroons' cheating tactics, the dirty play, the direction of the wind, the grip of the ball, the dampness of the grass, the acoustics of the Suncorp Stadium, the position of the moon that allowed the gravitational pull to sway Cronk's kick just enough for it to be a field goal and so on the wailing goes on on.

The truth is we love to hear their crying and the more bizarre and insulting it is, the better. For it is the desperate complaining of the losers that brings a smiles to QLDers faces. All of this finger-pointing and blaming is just another excuse to justify the incompetence of the NSW team. But deep down they must know that they are just not good enough.

So perhaps the NSW fans need to accept their fate as the second-class side. This is nothing but payback for the pre-1980s era of interstate football. NSW still have no excuse to lose, yet look at their recent demise and shame.

"Maybe next year" seems to be the quote of the decade. Only time will tell. Yet, the crying and whinging carries on.

Where does it end?

Fieldsguy

Juniors
Your a breath of fresh air on this forum pig.

I do think the NSW supporters need to realize just how much they are crying and wailing, maybe they are in a purple haze and think they are just being rational?

Who knows, but as you mentioned when it comes from the coach, the media and former players who also work in the media it just goes to show that it is a state based thing, not just isolated to a few pimple faced teens on a message board.

I have always admired Fittler both as a player and as a coach then commentator, he seemed to be a straight shooter of sorts but it appears he has also found it hard to suppress his disappointment, frustration and outright embarrassment at the lack of talent in the state of New South Wales.

Even the wide world of sports when speaking of origin tried to take away from the QLD victory on the weekend by capping off with "congratulations to both teams for a great series", it was close, this many points in it blah blah blah. They just could not bring themselves to acknowledge Queensland and more so focused on the NSW issues and complaints etc.

No longer can the usually outwardly neutral commentators hold in their frustration, they are also poor f-king losers.

I tipped a 10 year reign for QLD after the third series, I wish I had contacted centrebet and asked what odds they would have given me.

Last edited:

Pig Mouth

Juniors
10 in a row may seem like a difficult task, but if any team can do it, it is certainly the current QLD side. And they have a good pool of reserves to choose from also who are not going to make it any easier for the blues. It would be good for the entire nation if QLD dominated for a whole decade.

Apey

Staff member
lol thanks but we already have our fair share of QLD trolls

IanG

Coach
Our cause isn't help by the fact that it seems every decent young player coming through the ranks turns out to be a YAQ (prenounced Yak)

Knightmare

Coach
So another origin series has come to a close with triumphant Maroons taking the trophy for the 7th consecutive year. The Blues are left gutted and empty handed. The coach is whining about the referees.

Even Brad Fitler is having a paranoia attack calling for secret meetings with the boss. Brad Fittler, a guy who has never blown a whistle in a real footy match, is so desperate that he decided to go behind Bill Harrigan's back just to stab him with a jagged blade of envy.

How jealous can one be?

The recent NSW team has been a true embarrassment to their state. A team that managed to put an entire generation of kids through high school without ever experiencing the pleasure of witnessing their team win a series. Hundred thousands of disappointed kids every year, millions of disappointed fans.

The Blues supporters do not go down quietly, especially the NSW media. Some of the post origin articles in the Daily Telegraph have been incredibly entertaining to Qlders. The only thing that comes to close to being as good as winning an origin series, is listening to the ripple of the tears and denial flowing down the river of NSW's sorrow.

They certainly do a good job to make sure everyone hears of how it was the refs fault, the Maroons' cheating tactics, the dirty play, the direction of the wind, the grip of the ball, the dampness of the grass, the acoustics of the Suncorp Stadium, the position of the moon that allowed the gravitational pull to sway Cronk's kick just enough for it to be a field goal and so on the wailing goes on on.

The truth is we love to hear their crying and the more bizarre and insulting it is, the better. For it is the desperate complaining of the losers that brings a smiles to QLDers faces. All of this finger-pointing and blaming is just another excuse to justify the incompetence of the NSW team. But deep down they must know that they are just not good enough.

So perhaps the NSW fans need to accept their fate as the second-class side. This is nothing but payback for the pre-1980s era of interstate football. NSW still have no excuse to lose, yet look at their recent demise and shame.

"Maybe next year" seems to be the quote of the decade. Only time will tell. Yet, the crying and whinging carries on.

Where does it end?

I look forward to the day when the first of those kids has evolved into a talented NRL player, gets selected for NSW and pulls on the sky blue jersey remembering this current era of Origin football and wanting nothing but payback.

Jason Maher

Immortal
If a Queenslander does it, it's called passion. If a New South Welshman does it, it's called whinging.

Fire

First Grade
Pig Mouth, for someone who joined up in July 2012 and having only 38 posts, you seem to know your way around LU very well.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The simple fact of the matter is that 7 series in a row in State Of Origin was almost unthinkable in the 90's/early 00's. The line between the two teams was so thin that we were stuck at equal number of series for the longest time. Then, in the aformentioned early 00's, it seemed like NSW would begin to get a roll on and take the advantage.

Then Lockyer intercepted the match winning try in Game 3 of 2006. It was all downhill from there for the Blues. They were completely unprepared for the day they would be without their precious Andrew Johns. Perhaps preparedness for the future is what has propelled QLD to Origin domination.

They were rampant with confidence in 2005, the Blues. It was all there for the taking, but now that the penny has well and truly dropped, and they're staring down the barrel of losing an entire decade of Origin Football, they really cannot believe how bad it has become for them.

Honestly, I don't see QLD losing until they no longer care about winning, and when is anyone betting on that to happen? Nothing will change the fortunes of NSW until another break out superstar plays themselves into the number 6 or number 7 jersey.

Here's a bit of "friendly" advice for the whingers and whiners the OP mentioned: Have no expectations and you need not be disappointed. Pray for a new Andrew Johns or a new Brad Fittler in the next 3 years, and maybe you will narrowly avoid the unforgettable humiliation of conceding 10 years of Origin to those you so despise.

As for QLD, we'll simply continue to twang our Banjos and piss in our seats with a great big smile on our faces.

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
IBM, I appreciate the time you took to write that. But dude, for the sake of everyone, try to condense your posts a bit. No-one likes reading essays when they jump on here.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
IBM, I appreciate the time you took to write that. But dude, for the sake of everyone, try to condense your posts a bit. No-one likes reading essays when they jump on here.

And yet you still read it. Must have been some riveting shit.

While you're at it, give the OP the same advice.

Yeah I know, the idea that QLD will ever stop caring is pretty laughable.

Last edited:

firechild

First Grade
And yet despite NSW having a rotating policy in the forwards, the worst halves combination in origin history and a backline that can barely get a lookin with Kangaroos selectors, they went within a point of clinching the series against arguably the greatest QLD side ever assembled in a decider at Suncorp. Says quite a lot doesn't it?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
And yet despite NSW having a rotating policy in the forwards, the worst halves combination in origin history and a backline that can barely get a lookin with Kangaroos selectors, they went within a point of clinching the series against arguably the greatest QLD side ever assembled in a decider at Suncorp. Says quite a lot doesn't it?

Not even arguably. The greatest Origin side QLD has ever produced won the series from 2006-2011.

Latest posts