What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

They have to do something about the Refs

Vic Mackey

Referee
I have come to realize that all last night was to tigers fans was karma. Rd1 this year you should not have won that game, you won off a dud call. The sharks should have had the 2 points.
Now it has happened to you guys, it's all karma. So to people I've heard say this morning on radio shows etc it hasn't cost you a finals spot because you are now on the points you should be on given what happened rd1.

Interesting how you know that from the ensuing scrum play that the sharks should have been awarded that they were 100% going to score or kick a field goal. They had a whole set on the tigers line before the tigers got the incorrect penalty, how did that turn out?

I also think it was completely unfair how the refs with 3 minutes to go in regular time went 100m in 6 tackles to score a try to even the scores up, then kicked a 40m field goal in golden point for the tigers.

seaeagle sam

f**k off.

Who cares what happened last year, the fact is the tigers and maybe Broncs? (didn't see the game) got ripped off last night, and you know it.

The point being, last year the tigers were kissed every f**king game leading into the finals and this year its supporters have the audacity to have a whine if the referees go against them.

gronkathon

First Grade
The worst part is we had two stonking games of football last night and it is the blunders by the men in pink and the arrogance of the man in charge of them that we find ourselves talking about

Clifferd

Coach
The point being, last year the tigers were kissed every f**king game leading into the finals and this year its supporters have the audacity to have a whine if the referees go against them.

So the referees decided every game in that 9 game winning streak? FMD I can only think of one game against Cronulla which we may have had the rub of the green. If the referees were on our side against the warriors they would have won it for us.

We had some pretty big wins in that streak also, are you going to say we scored 40+ points because of the refs?

I don't know why you're piling this all on the Tigers fans or the team anyway. Isn't it the pink poofs fault, they do make the decisions don't they?

seaeagle sam

So the referees decided every game in that 9 game winning streak? FMD I can only think of one game against Cronulla which we may have had the rub of the green. If the referees were on our side against the warriors they would have won it for us.

We had some pretty big wins in that streak also, are you going to say we scored 40+ points because of the refs?

I don't know why you're piling this all on the Tigers fans or the team anyway. Isn't it the pink poofs fault, they do make the decisions don't they?

It is the pink poofs fault, no doubt. I'm not piling it all on the the Tigers, just saying last year when decisions went their way Tigers fans were happy to ignore or accept refereeing f**k ups, but when it goes the other way... Anyways, the referees are getting worse, I totally agree

Chook Norris

First Grade
Atrocious refereeing is slowly starting to drive fans away.. some of the comments on the NRL's facebook suggest this. The NRL has to wake up

R2Coupe

Juniors
It is the pink poofs fault, no doubt. I'm not piling it all on the the Tigers, just saying last year when decisions went their way Tigers fans were happy to ignore or accept refereeing f**k ups, but when it goes the other way... Anyways, the referees are getting worse, I totally agree

You have a very short memory.

Have you forgotten Jeremey Smith sliding into the back of Tuqiri with knees in the Tigers v Dragons semi final in 2010? A few minutes remaining and the Dragons up by 1 point. The goal was easily kickable and a penalty in any club game. No penatly awarded. I think even Smith was suspended following the game.

Billythekid

First Grade

This is BS and i've really only heard it from a select group of people on here. Every week people would pile on with this BS until more people were believing it.

It's amazing how much NRL fans like to think the game is being rigged.

M2D2

Bench
I fail to see how the broncos got dudded. And as far as the shepherd goes. Ive seen worse given this year, so it wasnt a shock to me at all.

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Agree, how can a team go 80mins without conceding a penalty in this day and age? Fricking bronco biased refs!

Gold Coast did against Souths the other week, with Souths only penalty of the game coming via the video ref. The on field guys gave the GC 100%, as in perfect.
There were some howlers in the Bulldogs Tigers game but for me the worst was the Reynolds try, where he was at least a metre in front of the kicker and they didn't deem it worthy of a look.
This one was case of the refs simply getting excited and having a run in the Bulldog's backline for a while. The no shepherd ruling was a worry as well.

LMAO Some of the tigers fan logic is so f**ked up...

-7 to 2 penalty count.
-3 strips by west Tigers players called a nock on against us(Pritchard strip, strip in the tackle on Stagg and the ball was knocked out by Molzten when Jackson went to ground it).
-Scrum win against the feed that was called back for no reason.
-Tigers players allowed to walk off the mark so many times(especially Matt Utai), I mean theres a big f**king difference between fighting to get up and taking three steps forward to put our markers out).
-Countless head high's that went unpenalised.

And after all that they still think "dey waz robbeeeddd!"

The obstruction try was bullshit but to think that we got the rub of the green is a load of shit !

Geohood

Bench
Will be good to see them explain the decision of the RTS no try tonight?

Don't care about the result in the context of the year but gee it was another very strange decision.

Loudstrat

Coach
LMAO Some of the tigers fan logic is so f**ked up...

-7 to 2 penalty count.
-3 strips by west Tigers players called a nock on against us(Pritchard strip, strip in the tackle on Stagg and the ball was knocked out by Molzten when Jackson went to ground it).
-Scrum win against the feed that was called back for no reason.
-Tigers players allowed to walk off the mark so many times(especially Matt Utai), I mean theres a big f**king difference between fighting to get up and taking three steps forward to put our markers out).
-Countless head high's that went unpenalised.

And after all that they still think "dey waz robbeeeddd!"

The obstruction try was bullshit but to think that we got the rub of the green is a load of shit !

When you have the classic geniuss attitude that all penalty counts should be even, you know you have lost the plot. But thanks for admitting that Kasiano should have been penalised for shepherding - this agreeing with the sentiment of the thread.

And so we get the first real "the refs were against us" thread. Countless head highs -players walking off the mark - ffs Canterbury never do anything wrong do they.When you have the classic geniuss attitude that all penalty counts should be even, you know you have lost the plot. .

You have terrible comprehension, my post was aimed at a couple of the Tigers fans that thought they were hard done by the refs. I listed those incidents to prove the point that we didn't get all the calls, the refs were equally shit.

As for the "penalty counts should be even remark", find in my post where I said that the penalty count should be even, the penalty count shouldn't be even but there needs to be some consistency with the calls. We weren't the only team on the park holding down in the play the ball or leg pulling.

But thanks for admitting that Kasiano should have been penalised for shepherding - this agreeing with the sentiment of the thread

It was obviously a obstruction but yet again you show that you have nfi because it was Pritchard not Kasiano.

WayneBennett

Juniors
082273-daley.jpg

Billythekid

First Grade
You have terrible comprehension, my post was aimed at a couple of the Tigers fans that thought they were hard done by the refs. I listed those incidents to prove the point that we didn't get all the calls, the refs were equally shit.

As for the "penalty counts should be even remark", find in my post where I said that the penalty count should be even, the penalty count shouldn't be even but there needs to be some consistency with the calls. We weren't the only team on the park holding down in the play the ball or leg pulling.

Both teams got bad calls like every game, only one team had those calls directly affecting the score board either by giving or denying a try.

Bretto

Bench
Watching the Q Cup ATM. They have one ref and very limited video ref intervention due to only a couple cameras at the ground. The one ref makes 99.9% of the calls, and he's got them all right so far. I think the standard of refs in the NRL is poor.

Latest posts