What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

MattYg1

Bench
Good post on their page matty

I'm confident the game will b good. The idiot on that page is eggins

thanks bud... in all honesty the idiots on their facebook page are partly their fault due to the way they have decided to market the game.

All informaiton and footage has basically come from second hand reports (people who have played the demo) or updates via their facebook page...

If that is the Marketing they have decided to invest in for this title then they should have expected contact with people on facebook who are ignorant to actual game development cycles.

natheel

Coach
i agree we need to maybe see Ross play it as he was the developer and obviously has more experience...maybe if we see someone like him play it we can see what is possible for someone who has 'mastered' the game can play it later on.

CPU v CPU on hardest level would be good too. or even just a normal person playing v cpu. watching kids against eachother gives a false sense of the game and just shows what we know...that we need to learn the controls...

MattYg1

Bench
i agree we need to maybe see Ross play it as he was the developer and obviously has more experience...maybe if we see someone like him play it we can see what is possible for someone who has 'mastered' the game can play it later on.

CPU v CPU on hardest level would be good too. or even just a normal person playing v cpu. watching kids against eachother gives a false sense of the game and just shows what we know...that we need to learn the controls...

YES!!! Thank you natheel... this is what i am driving at.. this man gets it...

natheel

Coach
YES!!! Thank you natheel... this is what i am driving at.. this man gets it...

yeh it would be awesome if this happened but in the limited game demos i've seen it shows glimpses (between the stuff ups) what we can do.

Kicking i think will be the hardest obstacle

The intercepts are awesome and not being chased down as soon as you get it. Forwards won't catch the backs in space

1 thing i noticed in the dogs v tigers game was Marshall was bigger than one of the Dogs forwards....could be wrong..ill double check though

I'm excited for all the 'little' things that add to the experience

MattYg1

Bench
yeh it would be awesome if this happened but in the limited game demos i've seen it shows glimpses (between the stuff ups) what we can do.

Kicking i think will be the hardest obstacle

The intercepts are awesome and not being chased down as soon as you get it. Forwards won't catch the backs in space

1 thing i noticed in the dogs v tigers game was Marshall was bigger than one of the Dogs forwards....could be wrong..ill double check though

I'm excited for all the 'little' things that add to the experience

So far my favorite thing i have seen in the videos was the first play the ball after the kick off in the Tigers Vs Warriors video.

The dummy half picks the ball up and passes it behind the first reciever who is running a straight line and gives it to another foward for a simple hit up... its the most simple of plays and nothing spectacular at all but its excites me to no end.

natheel

Coach
i asked on your post for him to show us himself playing...he replied saying they have an after hours play today (i presume) and he reckons it'll be recorded...excellent

natheel

Coach
the release is going through the EXACT same process as RC.

Game Announcement
Trailer
Player Creator video
Gameplay Video
Demos (NZ for RC)
Team Gameplay (Sidhe for RC)
Release.....

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
The release of RC was pure shit.

felt like it just came out unexpectedly. The NZ stores released it randomly, as they did here in Sydney.

Having said that, it was good to just be told, "Hey we have the game" when I was playing Rugby World Cup lol.

natheel

Coach
matty what did he mean by closed store but open to the public to play RLL2? does that mean people in Melbourne can go in after work hours?

MattYg1

Bench
matty what did he mean by closed store but open to the public to play RLL2? does that mean people in Melbourne can go in after work hours?

Well it is Melbourne after all...

Yeah not entirely sure, makes it sound like an event much like what was held at the Gamesmen but you would have to imagine there would have been mention of that previously somewhere.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Just watching those gameplay vids, does the screen/field direction flip around only in 2 player games or is it to have the attacking team running up always?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
flips around, regardless of human players.

My only gripe is that it switches around almost instantly..which means you sometimes run in the wrong direction when an intercept is performed.

natheel

Coach
Just got to flick the stick opposite direction quickly so when it turns you are in the right direction. It will be an easy thing to get past

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
That's the view I intend to use.

I think a few people will do the same. Nothing more than annoying than pressing tackle instead performing an intercept and kicking the ball away.

MattYg1

Bench
That's the view I intend to use.

I think a few people will do the same. Nothing more than annoying than pressing tackle instead performing an intercept and kicking the ball away.

I always end up on the side view, it adds something quite authentic (I guess the years of viewing on television is in my head now)