What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General Roosters chatter

Ozzy

First Grade
I couldn't find a thread to put in Rooster related storys that didn't really need a new thread just for it so I created this one. If one exists please amalgamate them. Is it possible to make this a sticky?

I was watching Fox last night and they showed a game from round 9, Roosters vs Broncos. It was an incredible game to watch. It ended at 20-18 Roosters way. Seeing Fitzy with hair :p, Freddy with his side step, Moz (who was put on report :shock:) with his hit ups, what a team we had then. We had Crocker kicking conversions with Fitzy off the field. What great memories.

Valheru

Coach
I was watching that at the local. It was refreshing to see a roosters team put in. The 2000-04 period was great. Even though we lost some I had full confidence in the team competing and we rarely got beat by more than 20.

I had to look twice when Mick Crocker took that conversion, I can’t say I remember him kicking goals.

Monk

Referee
Man, I remember when Crocker used to play hooker on occasion. Moz still rates as the nicest Footy player I have met. He's a classy bloke.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Haha What a team! Even though i believe that was from 2001 when we were a bit spaz.

But you're right - win, lose or draw - we played a fantastic brand of footy back then, always great to watch.

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'd also like to point out that since 2004, only in 2010 have we played an exciting brand of football where we actually looked like we knew what we were doing in attack. Those back to back games against the Broncos (with the Civoniceva "try" followed by SKDs match-winner) then our 48-12ish crushing of Parra 5 days later...

Wow, wasn't that beautiful. And now we're back to being an attacking abomination. Clearly, a dynamic attacking 5/8 is crucial. Id let a 1000 men rape me to have a guy like Benji Marshall in our team.

H.H

Juniors
Man, I remember when Crocker used to play hooker on occasion. Moz still rates as the nicest Footy player I have met. He's a classy bloke.
He once played 5/8 for Australia - true story.

That game in 2001 still ranks as one of the best of the NRL era.

JohnLawrence

Juniors
love reading you Guy's I've been a Rooster supporter from School days at Paddington Tech 50+ years ago still love hearing about their famous wins keep it up Guy's cheers

Bubbles

Juniors
Ah, to remember a time when every game we were there to compete; those were the days. Now, it's just a week in week out exercise in fragile hope and hair pulling frustration. I would also let 1000 men rape Tommy Smith to get someone like Marshall in our team!

Horrie Is God

First Grade
This'll bring back a few memories..

Rabbs sounded like he was busting a nut..

[youtube]DCnKrV7WVzo[/youtube]

Ozzy

First Grade
Paul Kent is such a dribbler. On NRL on Fox last night they were talking about Quade Cooper joining SBW at the Roosters. He commented that the Roosters wanted all the toys. Does he have any idea? Just because so many players in League and Union use us to inflate their worth at contract time doesn't mean we are chasing them. Besides Maloney and the possibility of SBW, which big name have we signed the last few years?

/rant

Saw that too Ozzy and thought the same then I remembered how Stewart and Bellamy were done deals and nobody even rated Robinson as a chance to coach us.

Kent, Johns and the other dribblers on fox & at Telecrap have no idea when it comes to the club. You only have to see the language they use:

"Talk is"
"I'm hearing whispers"
"They won't admit it publicly"
"Sources close to Easts say"

No idea.

The only quote they got on the Pearce saga was him vehemently denying he wants out lol

Ozzy

First Grade
It's lucky for Kent and co that I am not a violent person or I would beat the living cr@p out of them. :p

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Just typical telegraph talk. The one club this disgraceful excuse for journalism has absolutely no idea about is us yet they report like uncle Nick is editor. I would love to see us place a total media ban on news ltd. no one from the club is to conduct an interviews or business with the scum.

We sell papers and with our transit lounge history we get used to bump up contracts.

Go through the season and add up all the correct predictions about the club to the incorrect ones and you'll sell the Telecrap has at best a 10% success ratio. They're lucky their papers end up at the bottom of bird cages and people forget easily.

Ozzy

First Grade
Just typical telegraph talk. The one club this disgraceful excuse for journalism has absolutely no idea about is us yet they report like uncle Nick is editor. I would love to see us place a total media ban on news ltd. no one from the club is to conduct an interviews or business with the scum.
Unfortunately it wouldn't work. They'd just make up stories like they normally do.

Monk

Referee
We sell papers and with our transit lounge history we get used to bump up contracts.

Go through the season and add up all the correct predictions about the club to the incorrect ones and you'll sell the Telecrap has at best a 10% success ratio. They're lucky their papers end up at the bottom of bird cages and people forget easily.

I'd say you're being quite generous. IMO at best it's 5%

Latest posts