What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Walt Flanigan

Referee
In an online match I grubbered into the in goal with Walsh and Coote came charging through to dive on the ball. Both me and my opponent didn't push to skip the replay it looked that awesome.

I use grubbers heaps in the the opposition 20. Mainly because I think bombs are useless. But it looks awesome when someone runs on to the grubber.

Utey

Coach
They should've made the gameplay slowdown when a kick is about to be placed, it sh*ts me to tears.

natheel

Coach
I use grubbers heaps in the the opposition 20. Mainly because I think bombs are useless. But it looks awesome when someone runs on to the grubber.

i love when you do a little sly grubber to the right diagonally into the in-goal. i had Fui right in the gap so i kicked it through and he easily put it down!

Geohood

Bench
I'm never getting tackled when getting a kick away, as long as the player has gone behind the defensive line ready to take the kick... just press L1+R1 to pass back to him, hold L2 as soon as you get the ball, then when the icon comes up hold X the whole way, direct where you want it for half a second, then let fire. Even if a player is about to touch you, you're able to get the kick away every time.

Scored a try earlier off a grubber for myself hitting the posts and rebounding back off the padding to me lol was lucky but looked good and realistic.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
This is a shit game.

I'm done with this bug riddled shit heap.

Having said that, this is the best league game.. Dissapointing.

I'll return to NBA 2k13

My biggest issue is the random shit that takes place, whether its passes that travel so forward that it literally goes behind the defenders, players diving out to score yet being awarded a try or the heartbreaker when a sweet overlap ends in disappointment when the winger is David shillington or Dan Tilse. How hard is it to program positions???

Nothing is guaranteed in this game. I can't even guarentee if I press both LB and RB that the ball will go to my play maker..

Good effort big ant. I played this longer than I did the first game.

Almost forgot the fullback play where they run past the attacker to let them score.. Or the play where the defender refuses to move to gift the opposition a try or that god annoying animation where the players collide.. Ffs why does this even happen?? Surely they could have made it a tackle just based on impact.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
It's a game that I want to like. Sure it had some good elements, but as a package it's shit.

There is a ea union game in development, hopefully it's decent.

Geohood

Bench
I'm assuming you ended up playing on the highest difficulties, I'm still on professional.. Was it a big difference?

Also just learning now to now spam sprint all the time, has helped with set plays in the opposition half and you can time everything a lot better.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
It's not the difficulty it's just the random glitches.

I played an online game where I kicked the ball into touch. The ref refused to call play on so all we could was run around for 50 minutes without a ball. Game went into 50 minutes before he quit of boredom lol.

I had a game where every tackle the ref would restart the tackle count.. All game. I had like 4 sets.. As the opposition marched upheld having been tackled thirty times.

I had a game where I scored a try but the score remained the same.

Too many things go wrong far too often. I love league but I can't pretend to like this when it is poor quality

Geohood

Bench
I know those glitches are bad, haven't encountered anything like that before unless it's just online - maybe they could do a patch one day, but how is the actual gameplay?

perverse

Referee
my experience thus far (picked it up today, playing it all afternoon) is the complete inverse of canberra's, really. I've found the game only punishes me with forward passes when I generally deserve it, ditto intercepts. you throw it around like a hot potato and you generally get what you deserve.

pretty impressed with the overall experience. it's by far the best league game to date (since Sidhe's Rugby League 1 was released, anyway), and if you got any enjoyment out of any previous league game I think there is a shitload of fun to be had here. haven't really mastered kicking yet, but chaining passes together and earning line breaks is becoming somewhat routine. banging it up through the forwards makes a big difference. getting better at finding my playmakers when I need them, too.

the game isn't without it's flaws (like any League game). I've seen the odd rule anomaly and whatnot. nothing that myself and my mate didn't just laugh off and continue enjoying the game with, though.

Panfas

Juniors
It is by far the best RL game made, and I have owned every one at some stage (RL2 was the one I played the most back in the day)

In regards to 2k2's issues, it appears you may be on your own here. All of those issues you have said I have not experienced, and from the sounds of it not many others have the same issue, or at least not to the same level as you. Perhaps your game disc is corrupt causing these issues? Ask for a replacement disc to see if it works..

I have had the token forward pass not ruled a forward, so how is this different to the real world?

If you dont like it 2k2, fair enough just stop replying in this thread and play something else

MattYg1

Bench
Of course I'm serious.

It plays broken and it isn't fun.

Big Pete, I knew you'd laugh lol.

I think its broken in the sense that it is seems really unbalanced and the more you play it the more you notice the annoyances...

I've found that limiting my playtime with it and spacing it out between other games and other things i am doing really makes me want to go back to it.

Like the other night i played a 40 minute game, then loaded up 2k13 had a game in my franchise there and then capped off the night playing finishing Walking Dead ep 3... by the time i went to sleep i really wanted to play RLL2 again.