What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Schubert must have a grudge against Parra

HevyDevy

Coach
well as I said, its not about including it in the cap, its about not advising the NRL of a 3rd party deal which apparently is supposed to happen

i agree, they are being nit picking wankers - and as stagger said to be picky like this for a guy who has been such a credit to the game is f'n ridiculous - they should have been content to issue a stern warning .... but seems they didn't, which makes me wonder if they are playing some politics to get leverage in the izzy thing as i posted earlier

The silly thing about it all is that, as far as I can tell, the only real issue here is the 'while still playing' part.

If Hindy releases the book next year there is no problem. So certainly it seems to be an unnecessary case of nit-picking. I really don't see why a book deal should have anything to do with the club, the NRL or anyone other than the player, co-writer and publisher (provided some shifty deals aren't tacked on to it).

mickdo

Coach
That does it for me. I used to feel that if Parra was rorting the cap to win a comp I'd tear up my membership and give the game away, but now I just don't care. F**k the NRL. Do whatever it takes Parra. There's one rule for us and another for the cheating scum f**kwits that have ruined this great game. F**k them.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Blackmail the f**ker - set him up....

tumblr_lspaedBELW1qaqow6o1_500.jpg

Guys, both Hindy's management and the Eels know that the salary cap rules require that all income generating contracts of which a player is a beneficiary have to be shown to NRL (this doesn't mean that they will count towards the cap expenditure). Whatever we think of Schuey, it's pretty incompetent behaviour by both our club and Hindy's management to not report the contract to the NRL.....I mean how hard would it have been to just comply with disclosure rules. If they did as they were supposed to, none of this would be a problem.

bartman

Immortal
Good to see Manly copping some strife from the cap auditor, not just us over Izzy.

The book counting in last year's cap... meh, bit of a non-story imo.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Guys, both Hindy's management and the Eels know that the salary cap rules require that all income generating contracts of which a player is a beneficiary have to be shown to NRL (this doesn't mean that they will count towards the cap expenditure). Whatever we think of Schuey, it's pretty incompetent behaviour by both our club and Hindy's management to not report the contract to the NRL.....I mean how hard would it have been to just comply with disclosure rules. If they did as they were supposed to, none of this would be a problem.

Nothing to do with our club. It's on his management team to report a deal (which was well publicised).

If anything, the agent should get suspended for a year.

The NRL needs to deal with the actual problems, rather than penalising the innocent bystanders

oldmancraigy

Coach
how can you possibly know if they are being inconsistent? ... for all we know, every other club that has had a player who did such a book told the NRL about the 3rd party earnings of the player from the book .... i honestly don't know if any of us can claim we know they did or didn't

... OR schubert could just be being a prick cos we are causing him headaches over izzy

All Hindy's agent needed to do was call the NRL and report the deal. It's the law and he knew it. For some reason he felt like he didn't have to

NO IDEA why this is suddenly rearing its head now - surely Schu knew that he hadn't been told about it back when it was in the media and he hadn't been told about it....

parraeel

Juniors
It is reported that B Finch is forgoing $400k to be with the Storm as a ex state of origin player who has played in Grand Finals is Schubert going to value him higher or just accept and register his contract?

I forget the storm signed him ... they can do what they want

EelsFan05

Bench
It is reported that B Finch is forgoing $400k to be with the Storm as a ex state of origin player who has played in Grand Finals is Schubert going to value him higher or just accept and register his contract?

I forget the storm signed him ... they can do what they want

I was thinking the same thing when I read the article. Talk about double standards.

Eels Dude

Coach
All Hindy's agent needed to do was call the NRL and report the deal. It's the law and he knew it. For some reason he felt like he didn't have to

NO IDEA why this is suddenly rearing its head now - surely Schu knew that he hadn't been told about it back when it was in the media and he hadn't been told about it....

Is it up to him to report the deal to the NRL, or report the deal to the club who then go on to notify the NRL themselves. The latter makes more sense to me. The club would have known well in advance he had a book deal going on or they weren't paying attention.

Latest posts