What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ Warriors

TruSaint

Referee
When these guys are on, they can do anything.
Watched the game today, massive forwards, smart halvies and dynamic backline. That Johnson is something special.
I know they can be hot and cold, which is why they havent won a title yet, but when they get a roll on these guys can play footy.
I am also a big fan of their captian, Mannering.
Work horse, strong and being an ex centre has speed.
If they make the 8, they may give it a shake.
Good luck to them, they play attractive footy.

Minh

First Grade
They've been that kind of team for as long as I remember them, big, fast and strong and hard to contain when they throw the ball around. They are strong in the forwards, very fast in the backs and with Johnson he is a potent halfback that can beat you with speed and footwork.

TruSaint

Referee
Minh, spot on.
Its also a bonus when they play entertaining footy.
Johnson is indeed a freak. I really didnt think he was that good, but he has it all.
Passing, kicking and speed to burn.

anth20

Bench
I watched their game on tv today and watched them in Perth recently, both games would be close to games of the season so far

Minh

First Grade
Minh, spot on.
Its also a bonus when they play entertaining footy.
Johnson is indeed a freak. I really didnt think he was that good, but he has it all.
Passing, kicking and speed to burn.

I think Johnson was an excellent touch footballer and it shows with his speed and footwork, he has come on in leaps and bounds starting fulfill his potential now.

TruSaint

Referee
I watched their game on tv today and watched them in Perth recently, both games would be close to games of the season so far

Anth, is that because you found them entertaining, or the intensity of the game?
I think now they cover both aspects.

hewi

Bench
Have to give credit to coach Elliot. X Dragon player, would have been a vast improvement on Price.

anth20

Bench
Anth, is that because you found them entertaining, or the intensity of the game?
I think now they cover both aspects.

I think both, they scored great tries and really took it to two top four tteams, souths and storm

TheRev

First Grade
Yep so much talent comes through the NZ ranks.. probably the only teams im jealous of... natural talent is the biggest motivation for watching the game for me, not for the wrestling defensive rubbish it seems to have become.

Have to give credit to coach Elliot. X Dragon player, would have been a vast improvement on Price.

...hmmmmmm.

that's a big call, but you do wonder.

Now HE is resilient, copped plenty of knocks in his career.

Similarly, maybe resilience will be Steve Price's greatest achievement. I just hope he learns how to be astute along the way too.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
You think being a Saints fan is frustrating, try supporting this mob. They always f**k up my footy tipping. When they are switched off (which is most of the time) they play some dumb footy

Yep so much talent comes through the NZ ranks.. probably the only teams im jealous of... natural talent is the biggest motivation for watching the game for me, not for the wrestling defensive rubbish it seems to have become.

...as if it isn't enough to be monstered by four blokes in just about every tackle, there is all that "handling" of the ball carrier i.e. Holding him up, putting him on his back etc by the defence to try and slow down the Play the ball.

The concept of winning the ruck in order to win the battle, whilst it holds true, is actually a sad development of the game, and makes it unattractive to watch. That's why attack These days relies so heavily on decoy runners, which, along with the loss of the low down 'copybook' type of tackle, makes the game has become frustrating to watch.

i wonder sometimes whether Players have become too big, or coaches too clever in exploiting Wrestling tactics or rules in General, and maybe there should only be only 11 or 12 Players to a side (especially seeing as the scrum is effectively redundant)

...or make the playing field bigger.

BennyV

Referee
For some reason, Melbourne have a real issue putting the wrestle onto the Warriors!

They are probably my 2nd team ATM because they are just great to watch. Would LOVE to see them shake up the finals series.

stgill2001

Juniors
Warriors for the competition..don't know.many supporters, and just anyone other than souths and roosters.and the dogs the most hated obviously Melbourne the others more so.than the others that I swear believe had to be over the salary cap