What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Manly

tonesy87

Juniors
3. Mannering
2. Friend
1. Locke

so many passengers. what is with Johnson constantly making stupid decisions? and what the hell has happened with Mateo? hes been non existent.......so frustrating losing to Manly scum

Meth

Staff member
Mateo wasn't all that bad. Just wasn't playing his characteristic style of footy. Probably was busier with the ball than all of the Warriors forwards, save Friend

vvvrulz

Coach
3. Laumape
2. Friend
1. Locke

Johnson is fast becoming a rocks and diamonds player, he badly needs to sort those dumb plays out and learn to play the safe and patient options.

beefstew

Juniors
3. Mannering
2. Friend
1. Locke

so many passengers. what is with Johnson constantly making stupid decisions? and what the hell has happened with Mateo? hes been non existent.......so frustrating losing to Manly scum

Johnson does make some stupid decisions, but thats what young players do, and it's not like he's been surrounded by a team of experienced classy players his whole career like DCE has. I think Mateo is just a selfish player.

3. Locke
2. SJ
1. Matangi has this bloke made a single error in first grade?

Meth

Staff member
I am so sick of the video referees making different decisions dependent on whether the onfield referee calls it a try or a no-try. I get the theory behind it, but it doesn't work.

Today, David Williams scored a try with a grounding that was a clear knock on in 2013. As the onfield referee had called it a try, it was ruled to be a try. But had the onfield referee called it a no-try, it would have not been a try. Same vision. Different decision. Depending on the guy who obviously didn't get a good enough look at it to rule conclusively in the first place. And the wrong decision was made. It's madness. And it happens every week.

Iafeta

Referee
3 Locke
2 Laumape
1 Matagi - pings me off though that he and Mateo lose interchange minutes to Todd Lowrie

... Which brings me to Lowrie.

-3 Lowrie - has there been a bigger toss of a purchase than Lowrie? I'd liken him to Matt Jobson, but I'd back Matt Jobson because unlike that joke Lowrie, Jobson only lasted a year. Jog on Lowrie, you're a nuffy. That turnover at the end of the first grade was the dogs bollocks and frankly your efforts in giving away penalties this year are pathetic. I'd rather John Palavi take your role chump.
-2 Johnson - which brings me to the biggest ego this side of Timbuktu. Dude, pull your head in. Tackle one, off the back of a massive bust, you kick for the in goal, 20 metres out, and it goes out? Moron, we have a full set to play with and they're gassed. What a loser of a decision. The thing is he was the equivalent of Daly Cherry-Evans in NYC. There's two differences. DCE learned how to kick. DCE learned how to organise. Johnson wouldn't have a razoo how to do either. I'll go on record as suggesting Curtis Sironen and Jeff Robson have better kicking games than 'bombs away' Johnson. Someone needs to get a needle and burst the over inflated ego that is his head. Start playing direct instead of crabbing across field, start learning to play for others, and learn how to direct a team around with your organisation and kicking game.
-1 Vatuvei/Neilsen defensively - those two made Laumape and Hurrell's recent efforts in defence look God-like. Neilsen has the attacking prowess of a young Gene Miles. By young, I mean 3 years old. He honestly looks scared to run the ball. He doesn't have an ounce of speed or power, and nothing in the way of footwork. He gets shown up as a hack when his side gets torn asunder, like today.

I bet Bellamy's having quite a chuckle that Dean Bell and Brian McClennan bought his two most overrated players.

Micistm

Bench
Frustrating game of the year for me. This to me was the game that would make or break us, IMO we might well make the eight but will get knocked out pretty quick. Bitterly disappointing.

Will have to have a look later for 3-2-1, just got so frustrated went off to make tea, was still annoyed listening to it. The second string moron squad commentators made it even more annoying

Iafeta

Referee
Oh and fantastic effort by Jarred Maxmong. Loved his "you only need to take one look at it" nonsense. Clearly a home-town harry today. One of the worst exhibitions of refereeing in the last 15 years.

vvvrulz

Coach
I don't have a problem with Neilson but definitely agree Lowrie is average at best and is becoming a liability at worst.

The problem with Johnson is that he tempers his howlers with some good plays so overall it doesn't look so bad. But his booting out on the full and kicking the ball away on the first were dead set shockers and Elliott needs to get stuck into him for that.

Iafeta

Referee
The problem is the blokes who have come through NYC have enormous egos. Hurrell doesn't like to sit on the bench for 20 minutes when his side is getting carved up. He feels he's been slighted. Johnson thinks its his god given right to do plays like he pulled off the back of the Locke bust, because he's Shaun freakin Johnson. I also wish, like he did in the first half, he'd go back to running direct to the line. So many times he gets the ball and he jogs to the left, then goes to the line, and then throws it to Leuluai. That play would work a million times better if Johnson went towards the line, straighten up the defence, and then when he's got them engaged, pass to Leuluai. A perfect example of straightening up the defence and getting them off balance for a pass to a man now on the outside was Maloney last night for the Roosters. He took it to the line, straightened up, and then hit the winger unmarked for a try.

Dav0c

Juniors
3 - Laumape
2 - Matangi
1 - Friend

Honourable mention to Mannering.. Solid as always.

I'd be interested to know how many tackles SJ made tonight.. Made a few mistakes but he seemed busy on defence.

MKEB...

Staff member
Oh and fantastic effort by Jarred Maxmong. Loved his "you only need to take one look at it" nonsense. Clearly a home-town harry today. One of the worst exhibitions of refereeing in the last 15 years.

Player gets worked over in a tackle, plays the ball, dummy half gets smashed behind the line and you get penalised for an incorrect play the ball...okay

If a marker defender does this, I can understand...but a line tackler four out from the ruck?

Last edited:

Benek

Juniors
3. Locke
2. Laumape
1. Friend

Terrible refereeing today. Equally terrible Warriors performance.

Johnson is getting worse every game.

We were dominated for about 70 out of 80 minutes and never looked in it.

Byebye top 8.

Iafeta

Referee
Player gets worked over in a tackle, plays the ball, dummy half gets smashed behind the line and you get penalised for an incorrect play the ball...okay

I thought Brent Kite was trying to impregnate some of our players tonight. The amount of dry humping and then loving cuddles on the ground from him was fairly scary. Yet we got what, 2 penalties? Lets not count the one after the hooter. It was a similar story in NYC actually. Home-town-harry weekend in Gosford. Up until the penalty after the siren apparently the NYC boys from Manly had only committed one foul. What a load of hot bollocks.

Abdullah

Juniors
3. Mannering
2. Friend
1. Laumape

Forwards were a huge disappointment...slow defence and no go forward...no one made 100m

Is Mateo still playing for the Warriors??....again, non-existent today - gave away 2 early penalties and did bugger all on his time on the field.

Lowrie has been and will always be a dud...must be Elliot's secret lovechild since he's on the field every week even though he is 100% useless.

SJ- defence has improved but kick options are ridiculously stupid...dumb even.

JoeD

First Grade
I don't at all get the continuous mid field bombs. Surely aiming for the in goal is sometimes the better option. Especially when the guy you're kicking them to has caught the last 6 you've attempted.

Latest posts