What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsorship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Someone said make a new one, so I did.

Let's start with the already-released Tigers' suite of jerseys and 15 year logo:

1003714_10151824874661514_939181822_n.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Here's as good a place as any, the NRL nation now has a survey up regarding merch. It would be a good way to give direct feedback on current merchandise.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
^ IMO that would look better if the front was horizontal stripes, otherwise a pretty good jumper.

innsaneink

Referee
Its the first time Wests Tigers have used a Wests Tigers jersey as their heritage, as opposed to Magpies and balmain stuff

Saint Doc

Coach
I think as a 20's jersey this is the best.

Quite a few are just very traditional designs or heritage jerseys. I don't think that's what they'd be looking for in a 20's design

00084954-Photo.jpg

some11

Referee
I'm a sucker for just re-using or combining old designs, they're always better than trying to come up with something 'different' for the sake of being different.

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm a sucker for just re-using or combining old designs, they're always better than trying to come up with something 'different' for the sake of being different.

A lot of modern footy jerseys look like a dogs breakfast

Agree x1000

But if there's any time that they should be looking at an experimental/wacky design, it's the 20's

I'd bet anything they don't put the u/20s in a mid90s heritage jersey. You want something that screams "youth" not "retro" for the young guns.

Would love to see the NRL team in some of the designs submitted.

LeagueNut

First Grade
A lot of modern footy jerseys look like a dogs breakfast
Agreed. I reckon a lot of it is the fault of the sponsor logos though instead of any psychedelic jersey designs.

Take those Wests Tigers jerseys - I don't know who the sleeve sponsor is, but there's some blue in their logo. Blue isn't a Tigers colour so it shouldn't be there IMO - if they want their name on a footy jersey then make it match the colours of the jersey.

I know that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, but it would be interesting to see how much better some jerseys would look with even those sorts of minor changes.

Card Shark

Immortal
I know that's unlikely to happen anytime soon, but it would be interesting to see how much better some jerseys would look with even those sorts of minor changes.

Sponsors would want their logos clashing with the colours of the guernsey.

The contrast will make them stand out more. Does make them look crap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.