What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013 Forum 7's Awards Night!

Monk

Referee
Another award for Eoz, as he takes out 3rd place in the Backpacker Awards.

LUF7s-2013BPmedal3rd.jpg

Titanic takes home second place!

LUF7s-2013BPmedal2nd.jpg

And muzby is crowned this year's winner of the Backpacker Medal! (the F7s equivalent of the Dally M)

LUF7s-2013BPmedal1st.jpg

Last edited:

Monk

Referee
So that's all the individual awards. Now the Team awards and the All Stars Team announcement!

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Well done muzzers on the BP! That's silverware you want in your cupboard!

And cheers for the other award too brosef :D

Monk

Referee
And the Awards come to a close with the crowning of Souths as the 2013 Forum Sevens Champions.

LUF7s-2013TEAMpremiers.jpg

Monk

Referee
I'll leave you all with the naming of the All Stars team who i'm sure will start of 2014 with a bang when they take on my Marauders. (banners yet to be made)

badge_allstars_200x200.jpg

jamesgould
Titanic
muzby
eozsmiles
Amadean

Marshall Magic
Drew-Sta

and with that the 2013 Awards night is over. Thanks to everyone for an awesome season and I hope to see you all back in some capacity for the 2014 season.

I'll work on setting up the Marauders to take on the All Stars in the Annual Exhibition match, it'll be a tough ask to take on that team, ouch.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Woo! Thanks refs for the scores.. BP award is highly coveted so very proud to win it..

As strange as it sounds, big thanks must go to my shower.. it's where most of my bizarre ideas seem to come to me..

And thanks to monk for organising the ceremony.. and timmah for the banners... And <insert wrap up music here>

Oh..

John foreman has given me the signal...

See you all at club 23...

Also
I know he doesn't like to be spotlighted
But thank you monk
You single handedly kept this competition alive and thriving
You are one of the most devoted in the competition history
You f**king legend

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And it is at this juncture that I wish to announce that I have officially retired from the game.

Started in 2004 with the Sharks, signed by the Panthers in 2006 and from 2007 until 2012 I didn't miss a game for them.

Agreed to help the Titans out in 2013. But it was a struggle, time wise more than anything. I'm not able to continue playing anymore.

I will still occasionally add stuff to my blog if any of you care to waste your time reading my drivel.

All my good stuff will be in the Men of League magazines. And its is thanks to F7's that I got that gig, and it's thanks to my role at MoL that I have become enough of a recognised historian in the eyes of the NRL to be considered worthy enough to help decide who the next Hall of Fame inductees will be later this year.

I'll never forget that it all started here.

Thanks all, especially El Coco for making me play, Big Mick for demanding I join the Panthers, Willow for persevering with my bullshit antics for all those years, and the team mates who I played alongside the most and blokes who I honestly consider mates, Azkatro, LeagueNut and Big Mick.

213 words

Big Mick

Referee
Unit...what a legend.

As a writer there is noone that compares and as a mate there is no one better.

Congratulations and you deserve every good thing that is in your life and more.

A true legend of this game and in life.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Great stuff. :thumn

Congrats to all the winners and fantastic work from Monk. Every participant is a legend.

Unit, there is nobody like you. One of the top writers in this game. And by game I clearly mean Rugby League in general.

soc123_au

Staff member
Damn, I forgot this was on. Pretty stoked to share an award with Bubbles, her efforts behind the scenes were invaluable to our premiership. And of course massive props to Monk, well deserved captain of the year. As a newcomer to F7s it was very intimidating competing with writers of such high quality, without the encouragement from Monk & the rest of the Souths team I wouldn't have had the nerve to post anything.

Well done to all the other winners & every person that competed throughout the year.

Madunit, you will be missed. Your no bullshit style is pretty unique & knowledge of the games history is fascinating.

Good to see you too Willow. Monk is definitely the new you. Without him, this competition would be closer to being dead in the water.

Monk

Referee
Going to be a huge loss to the game Unit, but it's awesome to see you as a part of bigger and better things, a true legend in every sense of the word.