What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A-League Finals

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
SemiGfx.png

Big Sam

First Grade
I hope it's Brisbane v whoever purely because I don't like the idea of the runaway Premier not hosting the GF.

Foz

Bench
How come The Wanderers play champions league at home tonight and the Mariners have to play in Japan tomorrow night then play again Saturday?
Pretty clear advantage for the Wanderers in my opinion.(ok I support the Mariners but how do they come up with this?)
Might be a forfeit if the Mariners don't get back in time.
That's just poor scheduling.
Did the Mariners send the youth side to Japan?

Foz

Bench
Couldn't they play the Wanderers v Mariners Sunday?
If the Mariners play tomorrow night in Japan they mightn't even be back in Australia till Friday.
They might have to hold a training session at the airport.

Timmah

Staff member
FFA can't control AFC scheduling...
They can control their own, and there is NO reason both games couldn't be Sunday - 2pm and 5pm or even 4pm and 7pm.

Player welfare obviously comes at the expense of ratings & sponsors....

After we just beat Victory on the day we won the league, I had a thought that if we played them in the finals, they would beat us :( Hope I'm wrong, but they played so well and it could have gone either way but they would definitely be better for the experience and would come at us harder the next time.

Timmah

Staff member
While it falls within the rules of player welfare (somehow), it's hard not to be disgusted by the scheduling impact upon CCM.

Wanderers get a Tuesday home game and no travel... CCM have two flights including two bus journeys, arrive home Friday morning, have light training Friday arvo.

Hardly seems fair. But the side won't use it as an excuse... and I reckon they're a chance of a result too.

Foz

Bench
Cost them a spot in the Next round of the Champions league too.The minute they made that substitution last night to keep the defender for the weekends semi.The sub commits the foul and gets sent and to complete the triple whammy they score the only goal from the free kick.
The scheduling has already cost them dearly but do you think the FFA care?
If it was Sydney FC you wouldn't hear the end of it.

Timmah

Staff member
Such whinging.

How about you try harder and finish in the top 2 next time?

And that would've done what?

We'd still have an away ACL tie, still have the same travel issues. Roar final was booked before the final round kicked off.

FFA's bumbling incompetence is to blame here - nothing else. To suggest we're whinging when your side gets 4 days clear prep and ours gets barely 1 is both stupid and unreasonable.

Timmah

Staff member
That hurts. Wanderers the better side but we can be proud of getting as far as we did this season given all the changes etc. Lesser clubs have excuses, our boys just get out there and play the best football they can.

Full marks to Mile Sterjovski - a great career.

GL Wanderers, but I'll be cheering for your opponents this year.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Victory have had it stolen from them by a disgusting series of decisions from the ref. That sort of shit is unacceptable. We deserve to be in the GF.

Victory have had it stolen from them by a disgusting series of decisions from the ref. That sort of shit is unacceptable. We deserve to be in the GF.

Stolen? umm no. I agree they deserved a penalty, but Henrique had a certain goal taken away from him at the end. So it would have been 2-1 anyway. Even if Vitory score the pen and Henrique misses his chance, it's still 1-1 when Brisbane dominated the game and would have gone on with it in XT. Hardly "stolen".

ORANGE SUNDAY III next week! Pretty pumped.

Mong

Post Whore
Stolen? umm no. I agree they deserved a penalty, but Henrique had a certain goal taken away from him at the end. So it would have been 2-1 anyway. Even if Vitory score the pen and Henrique misses his chance, it's still 1-1 when Brisbane dominated the game and would have gone on with it in XT. Hardly "stolen".

ORANGE SUNDAY III next week! Pretty pumped.

Will be awesome once again.

I am out of town for this one unfortunately. The last two were awesome, particularly the first one against the central choke

Latest posts