What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Asian Champions League

Big Sam

First Grade
Been pleasing so far to see the results after a poor MD1 for the A-League clubs.

First time we've had 3 teams and 2 look a good shot at making the R16. If CCM can win its home games they'll have a good chance too.

The solid performance so far challenges the idea that it's all about money when it comes to Asia. None the rich J-League clubs are in the top 2 of their group.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
He's been outstanding. Loving having him... even though I had my doubts.

Sanfreece & Seoul drew as well... so CCM stay top of the group. A home win against Seoul on April 16 and we're morals for Ro16.

Must've been hard work for WSW fans watching the two late ones last night. Ouch.

Big Sam

First Grade
If CCM tops its group and WSW comes 2nd, they will meet in the Round of 16.

Timmah

Staff member
Exciting prospect tbh, hopefully would draw a decent crowd even if it was mid-week.

Reports on Twitter tonight that Sanfreece are lodging an official protest with the AFC about the refereeing in their 2-2 draw with FC Seoul last night. Claims of match fixing :crazy:

Meanwhile Victory are stumbling in Yokohama...

Big Sam

First Grade

Big Sam

First Grade
WSW through to R16, no matter what happens next week.

All teams in Victory's grouped locked on 7 points but a worse GD (-1) means the Victorians sit in 3rd. A win will see them through.

We're so close to having all three teams qualify. Cmon CCM!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Impressive if we could see all three Aussie teams progress. West Sydney and Central Coast look likely, and even the Victory have it all to play for in the final round.

I don't know why, but I can get behind any Aussie team when it comes time for the ACL. Doing us proud is more important than any regional rivalries that exist during the season IMHO.

Timmah

Staff member
WSW through to R16, no matter what happens next week.

All teams in Victory's grouped locked on 7 points but a worse GD (-1) means the Victorians sit in 3rd. A win will see them through.

We're so close to having all three teams qualify. Cmon CCM!

It's an A-League final round Sydney FC style situation Sam - WSW can get knocked out if they lose by two and one of the other ones win by two. Requires that 4pt GD turnaround, which is unlikely, but still can happen.

For CCM, a draw is possibly good, but a win is ideal in Hiroshima.

Timmah

Staff member
So WSW are through, CCM and MV look back to ALeague only.

Hard luck for our boys, away leg to finish against a team on a run of 8 unbeaten, go down to ten men with a stupid tackle on 70'... just couldn't quite peg it back.

GL to the Wanderers is the Ro16

Misanthrope

Staff member
Very impressive showing. I thought they were done and dusted after going down 3-1 on the road, so to see them jag a win on aggregate is impressive.

Big Sam

First Grade
Would be best if they draw one of the Korean sides since they are going to be more disrupted by the World Cup than Guangzhou.

First leg is August 19. Draw is in a week.

Latest posts