What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2013 Forum 7's Awards Night!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
And it is at this juncture that I wish to announce that I have officially retired from the game.
I understand the tradition is that you come back in some sort of coaching role following retirement. ;-) half serious... think about it.

But fully understand the battle to play every week for years on end, and no one did it better than yourself unit. You're a true champion.

Either way, I'm sure we'll see you around the traps. Looking forward to the next stage in the unit adventure. Good luck mate.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Massive thanks to Monk. You are a wonderful gift to this competition.

And sad to see you go MU. Although I hear you when you mention the struggle.

Titanic

First Grade
Coming in late from Shuyang where I have taken my family for Chinese New Year … thanks Monk and the team for another great year culminating in the event.

Congratulations to all the winners and especially to Amadean = well deserved.

Best wishes to all as the pre-season approaches.

To 'Unit, take care old mate … I will close in on your record of consecutive games soon-ish but it will not be the same without you … good luck in your future endeavours and thanks for helping out this season past.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Well done to all winners! Thoroughly deserved!

And good luck in your future endeavours, unit.

Also, I am chuffed about my win! :D

jamesgould

Juniors
The winner of Willow Cup player of the series is jamesgould! Very deserved, one of my favourite writers in the comp.

LUF7s-2013WillowCupPOTS.jpg

Next up are the awards for Outstanding Achievement.

Thanks a lot for the award, this is the first time I've won any sort of overall award in the Forum Sevens, so pretty stoked about that! Also very privledged to get a spot in the All Stars, and very much looking forward to taking part in that match.

Well done to all the winners, especially fellow Ninja eozsmiles, who held the team together throughout 2013 with his outstanding debut season. A well deserved winner of those gongs.

Bring on 2014!

Last edited:

gorilla

First Grade
And it is at this juncture that I wish to announce that I have officially retired from the game.

Started in 2004 with the Sharks, signed by the Panthers in 2006 and from 2007 until 2012 I didn't miss a game for them.

Agreed to help the Titans out in 2013. But it was a struggle, time wise more than anything. I'm not able to continue playing anymore.

I will still occasionally add stuff to my blog if any of you care to waste your time reading my drivel.

All my good stuff will be in the Men of League magazines. And its is thanks to F7's that I got that gig, and it's thanks to my role at MoL that I have become enough of a recognised historian in the eyes of the NRL to be considered worthy enough to help decide who the next Hall of Fame inductees will be later this year.

I'll never forget that it all started here.

Thanks all, especially El Coco for making me play, Big Mick for demanding I join the Panthers, Willow for persevering with my bullshit antics for all those years, and the team mates who I played alongside the most and blokes who I honestly consider mates, Azkatro, LeagueNut and Big Mick.

213 words

Good one, MU, well done.