What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Round 3 :: Ninjas vs Bluebags

Monk

Referee
NinjasF7s_zps66a0ddb3.jpg
vs
BBags_zps1247ea4a.jpg

Game Thread:
* This is a game thread only. Only game posts can be made here - team lists, substitutions, and articles.
* Any other posts may result in loss of points and is at the discretion of the referee.
* Only original articles, not used in previous games, will be marked by referees.

Naming Teams:
* 5 -V- 5 (+ 3 reseves for home side; +2 for away)
* No 'TBA' or changing players named
* Captains must stick with original teams named

Rules: http://www.forumsevens.com.au/rules.php
Official Word Counter: http://www.forumsevens.com.au/wordcount.php

Kick Off: Sunday 1st of June 2014 (6:00pm AEST)
Full Time: Monday 16th of June 2014 (9:00pm AEST)
Referee: TBA
Venue: Reliant Stadium

300px-Reliantstadium.jpg

Last edited:

afinalsin666

First Grade
afinalsin666 snaps awake a mere half our from kick off, and desperately puts together a plan. He trundles out onto the field, ready to go.

-----------------------------------------------------------

694 according to the owc

My Second Team

Second teams. We so often hear diehards deride the very concept of a second team. We hear that we aren't true fans of our primary team, that we don't stick through thick and thin. No.

My primary team is the love of my life, that I will stand by despite any obstacle thrown at them, from them getting cancer and hospital bound for months, to them on top of the very world. I love them.

My secondary team is a minor infatuation that goes by the wayside when they start playing bad, or another team swoops down and shoots a cherubs arrow into me. Let's look at some reasons why a second team could only be a good thing.

1. Added enjoyment through the week.

My current crush, the Parramatta Eels, are playing quite exciting football. I am completely infatuated with Semi Radradra, and quite look forward to the Eels matches throughout the week. Normally a neutral match for me is OK, although even blockbusters don't get the excitement I have for my main guys, and my second guys.

2. Augment the feeling of success when both are playing well.

No matter how well the Storm are playing, I always have another team I watch for that small boost of victory. I celebrate a bit harder than choosing a side as a neutral, I cheer harder for that team to win than I would as a neutral, and I tend to know their players a bit better than I would as a neutral. No matter how successful your team, it's only once a week, so I augment that success with another success.

3. Camaraderie is a better feeling than rivalry.

In 2011, my team the Melbourne Storm were on top of the world. My secondary team of that time, the Manly Sea Eagles, were also destroying the competition. I desperately wanted the two to meet in the Grand Final, probably because my best friend is a Manly fan. I wanted to have the match and the jeering and goading with him, then I wanted the both of us to lord it over the rest of our friends insufferably, regardless of win or lose. Alas, this was not the case.

4. Slightly reduces the sting of failure.

My team got belted last week by the Roosters. It hurt to watch, it hurt to remember, it still hurts. I decided to watch Parra and live vicariously through them, get the win I missed out on having. The Storm was still hanging over my head, but I got a tiny bit of joy from the win, more than a neutral game would have given me.

5. You don't claim allegiance.

You don't announce to the world you are supporting this team in a small way. This allows the criticisms of you not liking the team any more to just fade on the breeze. Never buy merch, never go to their games, never gloat over one of their victories. Best of all you can drop them when they start to do something you don't like. I liked to watch the Rabbtiohs a few years back (I know, I know, I am the worst) but when I started to notice them do their grub moves, I dropped them faster than Manu Vatuvei drops a ball.

6. It makes you more interested in football as a whole.

It starts with you watching your own team. Then you watch your friends teams. Then you start to like the other teams in those matches, and you watch a few of their games. Then you start to really like one of the teams you watched, and now you are watching your games, your friends games, and this other teams games. You learn football, you learn to love football.

I would not recommend to a hardcore tragic to get a second team, because chances are thy already have one. They know reason 5 as well as the rest of us now do. What about new blood? Yeah, go for it. Whatever enhances your enjoyment of the greatest game of all.

DB

First Grade
Sorry guys... I have something, and tried to rush finishing it, but not going to post it if I'm not happy with it.

I'll keep going at it, and have it right for the next game.

Latest posts