What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's how you can help the club...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
This year we've seen a few concerns about how the club is travelling financially. We can buy merchandise, become a Red V member, go to games... all good ways to support the club and the team.

BUT, the easiest way to help the club is to become a Leagues Club member. By joining St George Leagues Club you will be doing your bit. Plus, your St George Leagues Club membership does entitle you to vote at Club meetings (Red V membership does not give you this).

For those who say they don't go to the Club enough, think of this... it is the St George Leagues Club that provides a grant to the Dragons Football Club, ie the team. Sadly, this Football Club grant has been slowly eroded away in recent years because of financial issues within the Leagues Club - increasing the Leagues Club membership can only be a good thing.

It's easy to join or renew:

Go to http://www.stgeorgeleagues.com.au/images/MembershipApplication13.pdf

Print it out and mail it, or scan it and email it. Return details are on the form. Once it's done, your membership card will be mailed out to you.

IMPORTANT:
Choose the 'Full 5 years $65' membership. It must be full membership if you want full rights. I know $65 can be a lot of money when things are tight, but in reality it is a once in 5-year expense and cheaper than signing up every year.

StGLC-membership_600x315.jpg

EDIT: IF YOU ARE APPLYING ONLINE OR BY MAIL, SCAN YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE AND INCLUDE THIS WITH THE APPLICATION. THE CLUB NOW WANTS PHOTO ID.

If there are any questions, ask away in this thread. PM me if you're really stuck.

Cheers.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
A mate did it recently and the lady asked him "why would you want the full membership?".

The club should be doing all they can to get people to pay the extra for full membership. Seems like they don't want too many with voting rights. Wonder why.

Reactions: Qdf

Minh

First Grade
Thanks Willow, I will sign up to that 5 year membership soon, every little bit counts.

Stagger Lee

Bench
keep in mind that they will try and steer you away into 'normal' membership and they will also cancel your existing years of being a club member if you convert it into the full membership, they will maybe even point out you can not vote for 3 years, "so there is not much point" - just bite your tongue, be polite and pay the money -

If you don't have FULL 5 year membership you can't make a change and all you can do is post on this forum and vent your frustrations verbally.

Be part of the change, take control, get FULL membership or STFU ! :p

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Someone should notify the club there is a home game on this weekend and the possibility of more than 5 members joining.
You know....just to make sure they have a couple of pens and a few copies of the form to sign available

possm

Coach
Thanks Willow. I have just joined on the 5 year deal.

All went OK however, the lady did ask why I wanted to be a $65 5 year member. And why do I want to join the Club when living in Brisbane. I just said I wanted to drop in at times that I go to a game and when visiting my daughter.

No more questions. Membership done.

It just shows, the Club could do a lot more in this area. If you from the Gold Coast are able to successfully encourage new members to sign up, surely the staff in the membership office could do the same or even more.

Why not have a membership sign up table at the entrance to our home games? I'm sure a suitable promotional deal could be on offer for immediate sign ups e.g. complementary drink at the Club, or a discount on a meal etc.

Last edited:

Godz Illa

Coach
Amazing that they steer you towards the cheaper option of associate membership (I got that spiel when I joined too). It's like McDonalds asking "would you like me to remove fries from that?"

Acka

Coach
Membership actually increased from 28706 in 2012 to 29263 in 2013 according to the 2013 annual report

jargan83

Coach
I was going to ask if you could join living interstate but Possm has cleared that up for me (cheers mate).

SAP58

Juniors
The membership numbers of the St George Leagues Club have been falling.

This year we've seen a few concerns about how the club is travelling financially. We can buy merchandise, become a Red V member, go to games... all good ways to support the club and the team.

BUT, the easiest way to help the club is to become a Leagues Club member. By joining St George Leagues Club you will be doing your bit. Plus, your St George Leagues Club membership does entitle you to vote at Club meetings (Red V membership does not give you this).

For those who say they don't go to the Club enough, think of this... it is the St George Leagues Club that provides a grant to the Dragons Football Club, ie the team. Sadly, this Football Club grant has been slowly eroded away in recent years because of financial issues within the Leagues Club - largely due to a falling Leagues Club membership.

It's easy to join or renew:

Go to http://www.stgeorgeleagues.com.au/images/MembershipApplication13.pdf

Print it out and mail it, or scan it and email it. Return details are on the form. Once it's done, your membership card will be mailed out to you.

IMPORTANT:
Choose the 'Full 5 years $65' membership. It must be full membership if you want full rights. I know $65 can be a lot of money when things are tight, but in reality it is a once in 5-year expense and cheaper than signing up every year.

StGLC-membership_600x315.jpg

If there are any questions, ask away in this thread. PM me if you're really stuck.

Cheers.

A really good post, I have been a Red V member for a number of years, why ? To support my team but have not joined the Leagues Club but I will be now.

big pat

Coach
also if you're a member, after games show your card and walk in, no waiting in line with your licence.

TruSaint

Referee
5 years done !!!
Great thread
IF people can afford it... then its the least we can do.

possm

Coach
Willow, I think it would be a good idea to make this thread a sticky. As new forum members join they would gain information about Club membership.

TruSaint

Referee
Willow, I think it would be a good idea to make this thread a sticky. As new forum members join they would gain information about Club membership.

possm love the suggestion u made below.

Why not have a membership sign up table at the entrance to our home games? I'm sure a suitable promotional deal could be on offer for immediate sign ups e.g. complementary drink at the Club, or a discount on a meal etc.

jenninga

First Grade
My mate went to Wenty Leagues the other night to watch us play Storm and he was impressed by not only the facilities ,but how warm the welcome was when he arrived.
Something our Leagues Club should start with ,better attitude to welcoming and services.Just applying a coat of paint,laying new carpet and throwing new chairs in means nothing if attitude and quality of food is still sh*t.

TruSaint

Referee
My mate went to Wenty Leagues the other night to watch us play Storm and he was impressed by not only the facilities ,but how warm the welcome was when he arrived.
Something our Leagues Club should start with ,better attitude to welcoming and services.Just applying a coat of paint,laying new carpet and throwing new chairs in means nothing if attitude and quality of food is still sh*t.

Doesnt take much does it mate. agree

Acka

Coach

Are the fancy facilites owned by the club or is it space rented out? Because that is a practice more and more clubs are doing. My local club has 2 restaurants. 1 is owned by the club and the other is space rented out and to be brutally honest I don't even know why they bother people only go in there to play pokies

jenninga

First Grade
Are the fancy facilites owned by the club or is it space rented out? Because that is a practice more and more clubs are doing. My local club has 2 restaurants. 1 is owned by the club and the other is space rented out and to be brutally honest I don't even know why they bother people only go in there to play pokies

Not sure about Wenty,but if someone wanted to rent an area to use as a food area and knew their business ,why not.Clubs ,like any business these days need to think outside the square.David Jones do the same renting floor space to brands.

Latest posts