What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Thanks for the thought SK but the title has too much AG in it . . . you and he have certainly cut ties

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i preferred the other 2nd edition.

1 star for this one.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Silent knight has been in the gimp suit too long. Everyone knows that this fine publication is known as The Popeye Gazette.

POPEYE

Coach
Silent knight has been in the gimp suit too long. Everyone knows that this fine publication is known as The Popeye Gazette.

I liked the way you finished off RR 1 little man, the same way you were responsible for it's inauguration . . . a loser

I take it you are going to admit to reading RR2

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Once you start posting your banal drivel I will give SK's sad little worship thread the flick Enormous Man.

And don't call me a loser you nasty old man.

POPEYE

Coach
Interesting to read reactions by Victorians to the Storm's board of directors latest marketing ploy, they're just as bewildered as a lot of League supporters to Nick Maxwell's appointment to some f**king obscure position in the club. If Melbourne are trying to woo bipartisan supporters in Victoria you'd think they'd pick a better mascot than an ex Collingwood player . . . the hated ones

Maybe they're aiming at King Wanker, after all Eddie is a demigod in Little Mexico and being in his good books is better than pretending to know how to win a million dollars. Having Maguire on their team is better than Meldrum and Eddie just loves hearing his club's name mentioned.

Usually when you get to say 'I told you so' it comes with a smirk, what a f**king let down when Barba is going to Cronulla. Day one had me doubting Ben being any good at anything except throwing stones from behind brick forwards, now he's going to try and teach the Sharks to do the impossible . . . swim backwards

Flanagan will need an impenetrable defence and almighty go-forward in his team to facilitate any Barba revival, maybe I need to look closer at the team for '15

Apologies to Eddie for spelling his name wrong

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
My mum was a Pom so I had a soft spot for them because they played so well. Bet when Graham tried to take Sam Burgess out of the gf and spent the game wondering why he wouldn't go off he'd regret it twice. Sam would have made the difference tonight and it's a pity because Australia should flog Samoa when they probably won't.

Great effort by all the players and the referee . . . nothing like fast flowing footy and no time for showponying by anyone

and, the Pommy fullback can definitely hold his own in the NRL

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Always confounds me when a coach is dropped and the new coach comes in promising the f**king world but can't do it without a drastic change in roster. The Broncos for instance were playing fairly well when Hook was hooked and it's a no brainer he'd do better with the changes proposed by Bennett.

Talk of Folau returning, Boyd in the joint where he plays best, poaching other top liners off contract, etc, means that swapping coaches means sfa unless it couldn't happen without Bennett's magnetism . . . didn't do him the world of good at Newcastle but he doesn't have time to do it the old Bennett way.

Which brings me to Jason Taumalolo who imo should be the first player used by the NRL to bring justice to the game, not the levelling out clubs through mediocrity type justice known as the Salary Cap but the justifiable type. Hook could have used Jason just as well as Benny hopes to do but has he earned the right.

One thing for the Dogs to poach a hooker made promising by Cronulla but the NRL should make it a whole lot harder to poach a player from a club that nurtured him to representative honours. Which player belongs to a club more, a junior because he was born down the road or a junior because he was a 'made man'

Who is the more important, the Cowboys or the Broncos or Rugby League and justice

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
Didn't like the way Rabs & Co were talking up Papalii's contribution, the NZ forwards led by Melbourne's big 3 and Taumalolo have stamina to burn, Josh will struggle to keep up. Sheens will have to come up with a special game plan to even match them. Samoa were clearly demoralised by their early losses and were no match for Cronk, no 'C' against his name but definitely the conductor

Can't remember if Shaun Johnson's game yesterday can be classed as 'on' or not, if it was next week should be an 'off' and maybe the Kiwi forwards will spend too much time taking 1 step forward, 2 back. Be interesting to see if the Pommy ref will be in charge, hopefully, Australia didn't need an Aussie ref after all today

POPEYE

Coach
Where are you Hutty ol' mate, what do you think of Mary's expectations, I'd like to see nothing better than he, Flanagan, Taylor and Stone to name a few go gangbusters in the new year. Looking at the Dragon signings you can't say Mary has any inhibitions, he must consider himself the equal of the best man-manager coaches.

When I was a kid great players were happy to park outside the Taj Mahal watching greater players come and go, wearing a modern day Manly jersey would pale in comparison to putting on the Red V. Losing good players and replacing them with blokes like Rose and Keating will be commendable if he pulls it off but crikey Mary's got a great f**king imagination

If I had a choice I'd rather be in Flanagan, Taylor or Stone's shoes for '15 but you never know, and wouldn't it be great to be proven wrong

Jason Maher

Immortal
We're in salary cap trouble. Hence letting quality go to sign journeymen and bush footballers. Mary has no choice. Which is godsend for those Saints fans who believe in an Illawarra Mafia who appointed him. They'll be able to bag him from pillar to post for the errors of our management.

POPEYE

Coach
That explains it, at least you know the Dragons' management doesn't visit the dark side, commendable but naïve . . . Merrin needs a few promises for later in life just as the twins now have. Still, Mary can't be blamed for what happens next year at least and wouldn't it be f**king great if the Dragons do well in the meantime with cattle the Indonesians wouldn't eat

Latest posts