What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash League 2014/15

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Dougie being a dopey Tard cost them the game, still can't believe how many length balls got bowled at the depth. Nothing beats a good Yorker at middle and leg.

cleary89

Coach
Sixers have probably the worst batting line up in the comp. You know your going shit when Silk is scoring all your runs.

Good luck to the Scorchers,this 20/20 competition provides great entertainment.The only flaw with it is the absence of the players that are on national duty which is unfortunate.

Timbo

Staff member
He'd be a better batsman than f**king Wessels. He also wouldn't be a complete genius in the field.

Speaking of geniuss - a public execution of Bollinger please.

Wessels was actually pretty damn good in his first three or four games.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Big Bash is pretty good these days tbh,Twenty20 Cricket not as shits and giggles anymore,actually pretty good quality Cricket out there,i grown to like it.

rickywalford1

First Grade
Fitting end to a great tournament. Big Bash continues to entertain. More than happy to watch the domestic and fringe players as opposed to the established internationals. The players love it and it shows. For me, a BBL game is much more watchable than an international T20.

yawn

Juniors

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wonder if it was Laws decision to sign Flintoff, and that was one of the reasons he was given the flick?

Tigers1986

Juniors
The Heat just didn't have the bowling arsenal required to threaten the top sides, and their over-reliance on Joe Burns and Chris Lynn to score their runs was exposed quite often.

I wouldn't mind seeing expansion of the BBL within the next 3 years. The only concern I have is the depth of player talent because some fringe players are absolutely woeful for the current franchises. Canberra, Gold Coast and Cairns/Darwin for what's it worth.

Wato

Juniors
Some interesting player movement between the sides for the next BBL already. Sixers have picked up Jackson Bird and Johan Botha and the Stars have signed Ben Hilfenhaus. Sixers putting a pretty good side together their especially in the bowling department with Starc, Bird, Bollinger, Botha, O'Keefe and Lyon.

Timbo

Staff member
Perhaps they were signed to multi year deals already?

Botha, O'Keefe and Lyon, quite a spin heavy side. I doubt they won't re-sign Lumb so I guess the addition of Botha means Wessels won't be returning.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
May also depend on the international schedule. Blokes like Haze may not be available, although I read on Bookface this morning that Clarkie may sign up for a team next season so you'd think the internationals maybe available,

Wato

Juniors
Yea you would expect one of Hazelwood or Starc to be in the test team, I hope Abbott goes back to the thunder and replace nannes make them a bit more competitive. Wessels was only signed as cover for Bopara so him not returning is not surprising thou a little disappointing. Clarke is supposed to be going to the stars apparently.