What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings

DeeGan

Bench
Rumoured signings

07-gct1.jpg

Use this thread to post any rumoured Gold Coast Titans signings.

DeeGan

Bench
Aaron Cannings from the Parramatta Eels (prop)

cannings.jpg

NAME

AARON CANNINGS

DATE OF BIRTH

26/10/1981

ETHNIC ORIGIN

AUSTRALIAN
COOK ISLANDS

WEIGHT

110KGS

HEIGHT

185CM

PREVIOUS CLUBS

MANLY
NORTHERN EAGLES

JUNIOR CLUB(S)

COBAR ROOSTERS
WEE WAA PANTHERS

POSITION

PROP

AGE YOU PLAYED FIRST GAME

HOW DO YOU LOOK BACK ON THE 2006 SEASON?

A MISSED OPPORTUNITY - I WAS INJURED ALL SEASON

WHO WAS YOUR FAVOURITE PLAYER WHEN YOU WERE GROWING UP?

MICHAEL HAGAN
DAVID FAIRLEIGH

WHAT MAKES THE PARRAMATTA EELS THE BEST CLUB IN THE NRL?

THE COACHING STAFF LED BY MICHAEL HAGAN AND DAVID FAIRLEIGH

APART FROM RUGBY LEAGUE WHICH OTHER SPORTS DO YOU LIKE TO WATCH?

NFL
BASKETBALL

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CHILDHOOD MEMORY?

ANYTIME I WAS NOT AT SCHOOL

WHAT ONE EVENT ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO IN THE FUTURE?

PLAYING A FULL SEASON WITHOUT INJURY

WHAT HAS BEEN THE MOST IMPORTANT LESSON YOU LEARNT FROM YOUR PARENTS?

ALWAYS WAIT HALF AN HOUR AFTER YYOU EAT BEFORE GOING SWIMMING

WHO WOULD YOU NEVER GO ON HOLIDAYS WITH…..

CRAIG CATTERICK

THE 2007 NRL SEASON GIVES ME THE CHANCE TO…

GET BACK ON THE FIELD

This is a signing I wouldn't mind seeing ring true. Cannings brings some much needed size and go forward to the engine room. Luke Bailey would enjoy having Cannings packing down with him at prop.

DeeGan

Bench
Dane Carlaw is apparently keen on a mid-season release to Brisbane ... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"

No thanks.

I guess we are desperate. Hodgson is out for the season, Meyers is out for a long period too. Signing Carlaw for the rest of the season makes some sense given our depth.

Coaster

Bench
This is posted on the Titans forums

Interesting read, shows great character from Bailey IMO

Bailey - Petero treatment 'disgusting'

GOLD Coast co-captain Luke Bailey has labelled Brisbane's treatment of Petero Civoniceva "disgusting", and offered to take a pay cut to help lure the Test prop to the Titans.

Bailey today joined Brisbane legend Gorden Tallis in slamming the Broncos after the club withdrew a reported three-year offer worth $300,000 a season.

"I'd take a pay cut if we brought Petero (to the Gold Coast)," Bailey said today. "He's a great bloke and a great leader. What the Broncos are doing up there is rubbish.

"I would've paid a million dollars (to retain Civoniceva) if he was in my team. The team look up to him. It's disgusting he's not looked after.

"When you're giving a bloke like (Joel) Clinton $300,000 a year, and you've got a bloke that's the best prop going around, who's got three good years left in him, I'd be filthy if I were him.

"I'd just move down the Gold Coast and rub it in even more."

The Broncos have recruited Penrith pair Clinton and Peter Wallace to fill some holes left by a cleanout of the player roster.

The premiers will lose Brent Tate (NZ Warriors), utility Shaun Berrigan (Hull) and Brad Thorn at the end of the season, with Civoniceva and Dane Carlaw also likely to move on.

There's a slim chance Civoniceva will remain at the Broncos but he's more likely to relocate to England, where he can command $500,000 a year, or possibly join a Sydney-based club.

Tallis wrote in his Courier Mail column today it "breaks my heart to see what has happened to Petero Civoniceva", adding the Broncos will live to regret their decision.

Bailey, who made a fresh start with the Titans in their inaugural season after seven years with St George Illawarra, didn't hold back when asked for his opinion on the Civoniceva issue.

"It's a joke," he said in defence of the 31-year-old Queensland prop."He's the hardest bloke on the field to play against but the most genuine off the field.

"Like most people, he'd be after the big dollars to end his career and I'm sure he's earnt it. I class him as the best prop in the game. He deserves a fairytale ending.

"I know Petero would've thought of himself as a one club man. To be squeezed out like he might be, it's pretty ordinary."

Even if Bailey took a pay cut, it may not be enough for the Titans to fit Civoniceva under their salary cap.

The NRL newcomers are chasing Carlaw and Panthers big man Matthew Cross to add some size to their pack.

Titanic

First Grade
Roster looks good when at full strength. Cannings and Donnelly give us the depth up front. Carlaw is a very big question mark. Did I read somewhere that the other Bowen is on our list of probables? Pump the money into retention and our juniors if you ask me.

PAPI

Juniors
just browsing some of the teams forums here at LU and the Panthers forum has Jarrod Sammut talking to the Titans ?

Champ

Juniors
Speaking of signings. Who are these guys playing for next year??

Titans

Clint Amos
Jordan Atkins
Kale Burton
Chris Enahoro
Isaac Kaufmann
Eddie Harrison
Kris Kahler
Brad Meyers
Billy Ngawini
Luke O'Dwyer
Lelea Paea
Nick Parfitt
Smith Samau
James Stosic
Luke Swain
Chris Walker

Helmet Man

Juniors
Benny Barba guys? Atm Zillman is playing better then him so i dont think it's wise for the club to go after him.

could also be two mates having a chat??? I refuse to believe that playes don't call each other if they are going to another club or had offers from other clubs to talk about why they should go to the new club.