What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cocktail (and Spirits) Thread

I don't drink any spirit neat. I'm just not man enough.

I'll drink whiskey with a little sugar and bitters or with amaretto mixed in, but on its own it's just too blech.
Libra_Tampons_Super_16.0_pack.jpg

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I like whiskey old fashioneds

I bought a bottle of elmer t lee bourbon after he passed away. I'm not normally a huge bourbon drinker but its not too sweet. I'll drink that over ice.

I have a few other odds and ends. People tend to get me spirits for Christmas.

For cocktails though good ole straight from Dan Murphy's jim beam rye

My go to spirits are American and Canadian whisky and although not an American whisky, Jack Daniels I do like.

My favourite American whisky' are anything wild turkey really. As far as Canadian whisky goes, crown royal is nice although expensive in Australia.

Never really had too many cocktails but Long Island ice tea goes down well and surprisingly martinis are quite amazing.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
An extra long island ice tea with the shots doubled is a good way to start an evening. In my student days we would make huge punch bowls of long island ice tea because all the alcohol is at a 1:1 ratio. So get cheap as f**k gin, vodka, rum, triple sec and tequila or get everyone to bring a bottle and just go to town. Top it off with some woolies coke.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Anybody ever tried Amarula?

It's like a smoother, sweeter Bailey's or Kahlua. Bloody good as a dessert drink.

Bazal

Post Whore
Canadian Club 20 year old is fast becoming my whiskey of choice. I love all the good scotches...but seriously, it's ludicrously good. And like 80 bucks a bottle, which for a 20yo whiskey is theft.

forward pass

Coach
If you enjoy an Irish whiskey, give Bushmills Black Bush a try. Great drop. It is an Irish single malt if you like that.