What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Season 2015/16

langpark

First Grade
Opening round results....

ELITE 1
St-Esteve 26-18 Albi XIII
Lezignan 40-4 Toulouse Broncos
Carcassonne 40-8 Palau XIII
S.O Avignon 16-20 Limoux

ELITE 2
VARL XIII 34-18 Baho XIII
St Gaudens 38-10 La Reole
Lescure-Arthes 40-20 Lyon
Carpentras 26-4 Montpellier

Great to see newcomers to Elite 1, Albi, being competitive against one of the stronger sides!

Also in Elite 2 VARL (Villegailhenc-Aragon)! These two neighbouring towns have a combined population of under 2000! Great to see them get off to such a start with a comfortable win against Baho!

langpark

First Grade
There are 9 teams in each! In Elite 1, Villeneuve had the bye this week, while in Elite 2 it was Villefranche.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
True. it is a sad indictment on the game, but unfortunately the volunteers needed to do that sort of thing just aren't there and those that give their time to the game are getting older and older without many willing to put their hand up to replace them. It doesn't bode well for the future.

langpark

First Grade
Thanks ! I didn't know that they put highlights of their games...
I think quite often teams (in both Elite 1 and 2) will do it individually. But it's all a bit disorganised in France, you really have to go searching for it sometimes.

Tonin

Juniors
http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/articles-9/113-3612-gossard-released-from-his-contract/
Catalans Dragons reserve team Headcoach Cyrille Gossard has been release from his contract for personal reasons.
The former Catalans Dragons back rower was in charge of Saint-Estève XIII Catalan since 2014.
Gossard, who made 84 Super League appearances between 2006 and 2012, was promoted headcoach after the departure of Steve Deakin.
Cyrille Gossard said: “It was not in my plans at the start of the season but I could not refuse the opportunity I had. I have some great memories with the club. I’m here for 10 years now and when I look back, I’m proud of the job done. I wish all the best to the players. It’s a really young team but they work really hard and they will be rewarded for all the efforts done. I would like to thank the club for the support he has given me as player then as a coach, as well as thanking all the players and staff that I have been involved with. It’s a new chapter in my life now.”
Catalans Dragons reserve team chairman Gérard Caillis said : “We are of course disappointed but we respect his decision. Cyrille had a professional opportunity out of the club and we understand his choice. He did a great job during his time at the club and we wish him all the best for the future.”
The club as named Saint-Estève XIII Catalan Juniors headcoach Patrick Noguera to replace him.
“It’s was the best solution for the club. Patrick has done a great job with the Juniors since he is at the club. He knows the club, the players, our philosophy and it’s a great reward for him.”
Former Catalans Dragons palyers David Berthezène has been named Juniors headcoach.
He'll join a union side (Leucate XV, fourth division) to play and they provide him a good job...

Last edited:

Tonin

Juniors
Avignon 22-32 Carcassone

Great game especially by Avignon who played a beautiful rugby whith a lot of youngsters.

Last edited:

JasonE

Bench
Despite the lack of success at the top level, there is a good crop of young players coming through in French RL at the moment.

Latest posts