What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

international rules football

alien

Referee
always thought ireland would have a bit more of the advantage in this hybrid sport since they use the round ball in gaelic football, but i watched the game the other night and australia played well, especially at the start of the game. they said australia have won nearly 50% of the games against ireland. are they only playing 1 international rules game this year???

alien

Referee
They used to play 2 out of 3 but now its just 1

yeah i wish they did a 3 game series this year. i remember years ago the 2 teams would always have fights, and one time a dog was on the field and was chasing the ball for minutes before someone took it off the field :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its not really a game, its just made up for a once year event where AFL players can actually play against some other country. Never really got into it myself.

Stupid idea.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Gaelic football itself is a great game.

The crowds are insane.

I remember watching a GF a few years back. When the captain was making his speech he was screaming at his own fans to move back as the people at the front of the crowd were being crushed.

doyen

Bench
I don't mind it at all.It's something different & the competition is fairly close.

I'd place it ahead of gridiron & soccer!!

alien

Referee
i like it better than afl. i like how there are actual soccer goals, but its usually wiser to just go for the over. i think they should get rid of the "behinds" in international football and afl. why get a point for almost getting a goal??? :?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
probabaly will but there seems to be very little interest, even from the layers as a lot of them pull out of the tour

its a silly concept anyway, its not AFL

scribbs

Juniors
1 Game to be played @ Croke Park on November 21.

The Australians are expected to bring their strongest available squad, similar to last year when they selected the GAA equivalent of All Stars.

It was in marked contrast to 2013 when Australia sent an indigenous team to Ireland, which was easily overpowered on a 173-72 aggregate over two games in Cavan and Croke Park.
Irish Independent

I love this game, it's unique.

Latest posts