What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking Bad

T.S Quint

Coach
Just finished watching the whole series after putting it off for some reason.
Brilliant stuff. Definitely in the top 5 TV dramas I've seen.

I'm not sure why Skylar gets so much hate. Anyone who was going through all the shit that she was wouldn't be handling it too well.
If it's annoying for a wife to want to know what is going wrong in her husband's life - especially since he was diagnosed with cancer and become a meth cook - then I guess most people would be annoying. Her behaviour is all justified imo.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I waited until approx a week ago to start watching this show...I am kinda glad, got a chance to watch this back to back all 5 seasons lol.

Last night went to bed at 1:00am having watched the second last episode. I woke up at 4:00am, and thought eff it. I will call in sick today, got up and watched the final episode lol. The ending was sad though, but it always had to go down like that.

Seriously this show was pure fun from start to finish, I am still amazed that a show 5 seasons long could captivate my attention span long enough. So much crap on TV these days that I just tune out after a period when it feels like bland.

YOU KNOW WHO I AM....SAY MY NAME....

HEISENBERG!!!!

Haha, what an awesome actor. Even when he went complete nuts, it was hard not to cheer for him lol.

Now, if only I could undo the who series from my memory and re-watch this. Just got into Better Call Saul, seems pretty good but obviously not the same.

Jesse was my favorite character.

Better Call Saul is really good, episode 9 is probably the best. There's also a cameo from someone off a popular game, it's hilarious.

Danish

Referee
I didn't hate any character in breaking bad. Even Skyler was good as what she was supposed to be. I actually thought she was a perfectly written character as even though she morally didn't like what Walt was doing, she also didn't want to face the reality of what turning him in or leaving him would mean.

I reckon her reaction and handling of finding out her husband was a major crime figure was exactly how many people would react in real life.

I've started watching it from the beginning again recently, and it's interesting to see how the show was still finding its feet in season 1. As an example the kleptomaniac storyline they were starting to develop for Marie gets dropped without any resolution at all

Incorrect

Coach
The only thing I wish they did was keep Tuco in the series longer I thought he was freekin' awesome the only characters I genuinely disliked were Skyler, Jesse & Ted.

This scene always makes me laugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7rXeDArhg0

The scene that makes me laugh is the one where Hank has asked Walt to drive him around to Los Pollos Hermanos to stake out Fring and Hank starts singing Eye of the Tiger and for most of it is just mumbling and completely screwing up the lyrics! :lol:

Cringeworthy-Funny shit

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Gus was an awesome antagonist, but the best part was cheering for him during the part where he returns to the old crew and has them all poisoned. That was awesome. It was just one of those parts where you sit back and think. Shit these dudes can write a storyline lol.

It was very fitting to end it with Walt in the makeshift lab. Usually when shows finish, I always feel a little let down.

Back in the day, used to watch the TV series Angel. Sucked that it was 10:45pm start for a 45 minute show, but oh well lol. The ending left so much unresolved. Seems like tv shows like something left in the tank for a potential spin-off/continuation. Scrubs had an awesome ending, then it returned and added nothing lol.

Danish

Referee
Gus was awesome. I just wish they didn't do the stupid "two face"-style thing after the bomb blew up. Everything else in the show always felt very realistic except for that.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I didnt mind that part, sure it was quite unrealistic but for a moment Ithought that he survived and the possibility of revenge against Walt was coming up.

gUt

Coach
Recently rewatched BB from beginning to end and there's really not that many weak points or places where the story stalls. Better Call Saul is fantastic too, can't wait for the next series.

RedVDave

First Grade
Gus was awesome. I just wish they didn't do the stupid "two face"-style thing after the bomb blew up. Everything else in the show always felt very realistic except for that.

I actually thought that was BRILLIANTLY done because he first time he walks into the line of gun fire and survives then, he drinks the poison with the cartel and survives. After the bomb he walks out what seems perfectly intact and you think 'Oh F--k me how did he survive again?' only to see half his face was blown off, great stuff IMO.