What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking Bad

Someone

Bench
I've started watching it from the beginning again recently, and it's interesting to see how the show was still finding its feet in season 1. As an example the kleptomaniac storyline they were starting to develop for Marie gets dropped without any resolution at all

you mean the shoplifting?

IIRC in the first season everyone but Skyler 'breaks bad', or does something slightly illegal (in comparison to walter and jesse).

Marie shoplifts. Walt Jr gets someone older to buy him alcohol. Hank with the Cuban cigars.

Skyler has sex next to a police car, I suppose that's illegal. Maries storyline seemed to have a purpose but it disappeared and reared its head again early in season 4 when she steals stuff from an open house. It had no real resolution.

IMO it was just highlighting the different moral grounds every character stood on.

duck

Juniors
Watched "Little Miss Sunshine" last night. Road trip from Albuquerque to LA.
Walter White was the investor and Hank was the cop.
Mind blown.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Hank shrader is one of the best character names of all time.
Hope they do something with Jesse pinkman.
Would be great.

Game_Breaker

Coach
Don’t mean to bump an old thread, but I just finished binge watching the series
Pretty freakin awesome

I had to avoid telling people I was watching it and not google anything from fear of spoilers, so I was holding a lot in

Glad I wasnt alone with my Skylar hate

Parra

Referee
Don’t mean to bump an old thread, but I just finished binge watching the series
Pretty freakin awesome

I had to avoid telling people I was watching it and not google anything from fear of spoilers, so I was holding a lot in

Glad I wasnt alone with my Skylar hate

Watched it not that long ago as well.

Avoided spoilers all this time. Really got into it.

Skyler was great. And right.

Based on liking Breaking Bad I've also now seen Better Call Saul.

BCS is better. Bring on the next season.

Apey

Staff member
Catching up BCS Season 3 right now, definitely one of my favourite shows. Love the way they're introducing BB characters.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I enjoyed it, was written in the same Breaking Bad style we all love, it really felt just felt like a drawn out episode.

The only thing that irked me and I’m sure people will disagree. But after finishing it I couldn’t help but think really what was the point? It didn’t add to the story at all, I don’t think it tied up any loose ends etc. If I’m to be honest to me it was like let’s write a movie for the sake of it and make some money.

Taking that out of the equation however and appreciating it for what it was it was great.

Last edited:

Timbo

Staff member
I think it’s point was to address that Jesse actually did get away. Think about his position at the end of the finale - sure he’s ‘free’, but he’s got no money and is wanted in relation to his connection to Walter White and the deaths of Hank and Gomez. He is facing life, or even death if they pin the murder on him, if he’s caught.

One of the main comments that always used to pop up after the finale was ‘thats not a happy ending for Jesse - he’s f**ked’. If there was one character who was kicked while they were down more than Jesse I don’t know who it is. I’m glad they showed us he got a genuine second chance.

Styles clash

Juniors
The only thing that irked me and I’m sure people will disagree. But after finishing it I couldn’t help but think really what was the point? It didn’t add to the story at all, I don’t think it tied up any lose ends etc. If I’m to be honest to me it was like let’s write a movie for the sake of it and make some money.

Kind of answered your own question: It got made because Netflix offered Vince Gilligan and Aaron Paul millions for a Breaking Bad movie.

Apey

Staff member
I enjoyed it, was written in the same Breaking Bad style we all love, it really felt just felt like a drawn out episode.

The only thing that irked me and I’m sure people will disagree. But after finishing it I couldn’t help but think really what was the point? It didn’t add to the story at all, I don’t think it tied up any lose ends etc. If I’m to be honest to me it was like let’s write a movie for the sake of it and make some money.

Taking that out of the equation however and appreciating it for what it was it was great.

Sums up my thoughts. Kinda pointless, made them some money, but was entertaining and didn't take away from the story.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I enjoyed it

But I do agree, what was the point?

I kind of imagined Jesse would get away like this after the finale