What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matador BBQs One-Day Cup 2015

Timbo

Staff member
CA XI giving the Bulls a scare, but I think they'll probably come up just short.

I think the problem with the CA XI is that it's a mix of young blokes who by being carted will have their confidence crushed that they can succeed at the highest level, coupled with guys like Cartwright and Bosisto who have been around a few years and proven that they are just not quite good enough to be consistent at this level. Cartwright is on 98 right now, but has done nothing all tournament nor in several cracks for the Warriors and Scorchers.

11217174_10153680961024313_5108539612868486913_n.jpg

Video:
http://www.cricket.com.au/video/hilton-cartwright-ca-xi-monster-six-matador-cup-queensland-drummoyne-oval/2015-10-19

mave

Coach
Why are these fools playing at NSO?

Need to share the love around for the batting averages?

TheParraboy

Staff member
dead rubber game on qld v WA

WA posted 240, Voges 80 odd

Khawaja running between wickets pretty poor should have converted a couple of ones into twos.

QLD 0/4 in the 4th over

All you James Hopes fans must be devastated he isn't playing

TheParraboy

Staff member
Devastating news for the blues, Sunshine out of the Matador One day final

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/cricket/shane-watson-injured-out-of-matador-cup-one-day-final/ar-BBmgTO1?li=AA54yd&ocid=mailsignout

Shane Watson's injury woes have struck again, ruling the former Test allrounder out of the NSW team for Sunday's one-day cup final.

Watson injured his left calf during a training session on Tuesday and underwent scans on Wednesday.

Cricket NSW said it was a different injury to the calf problem that 34-year-old Watson suffered while playing for Australia in the second ODI against England at Lord's last month, cutting short his tour.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think he has bowled one ball all series and we are not short of batsman.

He's had an OK series but not irreplaceable.

I'm not devastated.

caylo

Bench
I don't think he has bowled one ball all series and we are not short of batsman.

He's had an OK series but not irreplaceable.

I'm not devastated.

Cowan, Maddinson, Smith, Henriques, Nevill, Abbott, O'Keeffe, Starc, Sandhu, Hazlewood, Lyon

I know thats a batsmen short but i would drop one of O'Keeffe or Lyon out for an extra batsmen and starc, sandhu and Hazlewood are 3 if the best seam bowlers in Australian limited overs cricket

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I would drop Lyon as he has not been as good as SOK but the selectors wont.

I think they need another batsman and not Carters, he is a 4 day player. Plenty of other options.

TheParraboy

Staff member
From cricinfos website, the only option batting wise to replace Sunshine is Kurtis Paterson from the blues squad (or play carters as batsman) So having said that, id rather play the extra bowler, id go with caylo's side, we should have enough artillery in the bowling, just the batsman need to set an on par score if we bat first, then the title is ours, a lot of our bowlers can score a quick 15-20 anyway

go the blues

steggz

Juniors
Twizzle, I know you've got a man crush on SOK, but I don't think you can truly say he's been better than Lyon in this comp. Both have bowled well, and I think having the two of them there is important.

Like Timbo said, Abbott at 6 is a spot too high. Carters plays as a batsman most of the time (and impressed me in the field v VIC) so will probably come in for Watson. Sandhu or Hazelwood to miss out, maybe Abbott if they think SOK at 7 and Starc at 8 would work

caylo

Bench
Twizzle, I know you've got a man crush on SOK, but I don't think you can truly say he's been better than Lyon in this comp. Both have bowled well, and I think having the two of them there is important.

Like Timbo said, Abbott at 6 is a spot too high. Carters plays as a batsman most of the time (and impressed me in the field v VIC) so will probably come in for Watson. Sandhu or Hazelwood to miss out, maybe Abbott if they think SOK at 7 and Starc at 8 would work

Personally I'd lean to O'Keeffe but didn't want to say anything because I thought I'd be scorned. I think he has had less opportunity and performed better.
Also not a fan of Carte, iI'd have Paterson over him but if i had choice of Carter or Lyon,. I'd probably go with Lyon. Abbott at 6 you would hope he would only be there to hit in the last 5-10 overs. Its a big risk but surprisingly NSW are short batsmen

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Moreso that Lyon has never been a decent ODI bowler and SOK offers so much more with his batting. Pretty good rear guard action against the Vics and nearly got us home.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
SA 7 for 217 in the final, about 50 short of where they should be.

Haze with some amazing figures 2 for 27 off 9 so far, only giving away 1.8 runs an over for his first 8 overs.

And now Starc with another, 8/218