What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield season 2015/16

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Round of shield starting today, all day night fixtures.

Blues just before lunch 1 for 69 against SA

Qld 1 for 75 vs Victorians at Tea

WA are 3 for 88 against Tassie at Tea.

Tune into the NSW/SA game and the commentators are talking about the Flogball GF ffs!! Can't get away from the piece of shit game.

Ibleedblue

Juniors
I feel Burns might've played his way out of the test team. Didn't score to many runs in the Matador cup and only made 25 today. I hope he gets a chance on his home ground though.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This pink ball goes sort of fluro of a night time and its pretty easy to see, although you wouldn't know looking at the Blues batting card.

They seem a bit unsure and reaching for the ball, run rate is way slow too. I guess it takes some getting used to.

Not really much swing although the Sacas are mainly using spinners atm.

ek999

First Grade
From a tv viewers perspective the pink ball is probably easier to see at night then the normal red ball is during the day. Forgot it was on today so I don't now what it is like during the day and at dusk

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Saccas 3 for 1 in reply to about 290

Starc goes OK with this pink ball

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Getting a chance to watch some of the NSW game now. The pink ball looks great for TV. Very clear. It does become easier to bat...SA are wagging the tail a bit.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Anyone watching the NSW game ? NSW have batted during the twilight session pretty well. So I am going to put Starc and Hazlewoods spell down to good bowling/poor batting rather than the pink ball being too tricky at twilight.

EDIT

Watching this after work is really selling me on the concept. Its very enjoyable sitting back and watching some proper cricket in the evenings. Also SA have the weirdest field set to Smith. Like a square of fielders on the onside.

Last edited:

Ibleedblue

Juniors
Scott Henry became the 17th player to score a century on debut for Queensland yesterday, went on to score 120 in a total of 444.

Saw a bit of our game against the Redbacks and we are still killing it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Cowan brings up his 100 and Smith goes the tonk to bring up his 150 and has declared the innings closed at 1/291.

Red Bear

Referee
3/51 now. Every wicket has been terrible. Bad bowling has go them. Starc bowling like the old Starc so far this session after bowling brilliantly in first innings.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He copped a bit early on but was bowling good. That Smith character just scored arsey runs.

Red Bear

Referee
He copped a bit early on but was bowling good. That Smith character just scored arsey runs.
Nah there were a few good balls that got edged but there was a lot of hit sent down the leg side, wide of off etc.

Lyon got a decent wicket. 4/65

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I turned off to finish my work for the day after about over 2. I couldn't watch a guy score a bunch of streaky runs. That said Starc is an erratic bowler but he is a wicket taker.

Red Bear

Referee
Ferguson batted really well only to get out on 96, last man off O'Keefe, good bit of keeping by Nev as well.

Solid win. Hazlewood bowled well this innings, much better than first. Starc was not as sharp. Lyon bowled well.

Latest posts