What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I think Gould is more concerned about the rumor giving the impression that his boy Griffin is pissing off someone in the squad already than he is about reassuring us that the mighty Wallace is not moving on.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
I think Gould is more concerned about the rumor giving the impression that his boy Griffin is pissing off someone in the squad already than he is about reassuring us that the mighty Wallace is not moving on.

Very conspiratorial. I think Gus is just trying to kill off rumours as he has in the past because he thinks it's in the best interests of the club. This rumour may or may not eventuate. I think Wallace wants to go. Up to him.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Disagree again. Very smart buy. His role alongside Sowie was a plus. They had a good combination going. Shame injuries hindered his career. The first ACL stuffed him, he never got back to his best.

Nope. I will never agree with this. I hated the idea when it was announced, and I've hated it every second since.

mxlegend99

Referee
So in other words you just refuse to budge on the opinion you formed before you even saw the role we wanted him to play?

We had literally no one near first grade quality once Austin left. In Wallace we signed a solid first grader who would allow Soward to do his thing and that helped Soward find that amazing 2014 form. Since then our options have become a lot better. But in 2014 there was no one close to ready to partnering Soward. The best we had were second rowers at half with him.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
So in other words you just refuse to budge on the opinion you formed before you even saw the role we wanted him to play?

We had literally no one near first grade quality once Austin left. In Wallace we signed a solid first grader who would allow Soward to do his thing and that helped Soward find that amazing 2014 form. Since then our options have become a lot better. But in 2014 there was no one close to ready to partnering Soward. The best we had were second rowers at half with him.

You already said yourself we had Austin, so that undermines your argument to begin with ("We had someone better but ditched him, so Wallace was the smart choice!" What?).

And absolutely nothing he has done since he has been here has made me think we would have been any worse off than just playing Isaac John the whole time, and John is not even good.

mxlegend99

Referee
You already said yourself we had Austin, so that undermines your argument to begin with ("We had someone better but ditched him, so Wallace was the smart choice!" What?).

And absolutely nothing he has done since he has been here has made me think we would have been any worse off than just playing Isaac John the whole time, and John is not even good.
Austin was let go before we had Wallace. When we signed Wallace our options were shit and his signing helped bring out the best in Jamie Soward.

I don't think Soward goes near his 2014 form if he starts out with John in the halves.

hindy111

Post Whore
Use where using Austin in the forwards thou.

You can not always chose the best half to come too your club and at the time Wallace was maybe the best option available?

The yak

Juniors
Austin was used in the forwards because Cleary didn't know what to do with him. Neither did the Tigers. He got the coach he needed in Ricky Stuart.

Wallace was bought to partner Soward in the halves because all we had was Isaac John.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Use where using Austin in the forwards thou.

You can not always chose the best half to come too your club and at the time Wallace was maybe the best option available?

Translated

You were using Austin in the forwards though.

You can not always choose the best half to come to your club and at the time Wallace was maybe the best option available?

Seriously though, Wallace is here to fill a gap until younger talent ripens - Hopefully it ripens quickly because we want to be in frame for finals this season.

It's simple. Gus denies it until he's approached by the player. Then tells the player they can go leaving us paying $0 towards his release.... Smart business really

Interesting theory. Gould said Wallace would not leave before the the start of the 2016 season. He didn't say Wallace would stay until his contract expires at the end of 2016 season.
It still could happen.

mxlegend99

Referee
Seriously though, Wallace is here to fill a gap until younger talent ripens - Hopefully it ripens quickly because we want to be in frame for finals this season.
For mine we now have the talent to piss him off already. They might not be developed. But between Moylan and TMM I am confident one of them can do atleast a half decent job from Game #1 in the halves while they develop alongside Jamie Soward. If not then we have seen that Peachey and Cartwright are pretty handy there.

murraymob

First Grade
anyone remember Harry Sejika he was young pushed up to first grade way to early lets not make the same mistake with TMM He has time to develop. He has the talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts