What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo

TheDalek079

Bench
So I'm continuing to tinker here, but the twitter page now features this backdrop along with the plain version below:

5ce0097.png

seven shades of awesome!!

similar to the top pic, how about doing a mock up of our home and away jerseys featuring your logo instead of the current one?

Exsilium

First Grade
I whipped up this effort in my spare time

12645142_10207086932764788_7629727334954323267_n.jpg

I was just reading the thread thinking that there's been some solid contributions then I come across this and it made my day.

Don't ever change.

I like RoosTah's idea but without "Sydney". I prefer "Easts" but only because it has more history.

It's certainly better than your current logo

RoosTah

Juniors
I was just reading the thread thinking that there's been some solid contributions then I come across this and it made my day.

Don't ever change.

I like RoosTah's idea but without "Sydney". I prefer "Easts" but only because it has more history.

It's certainly better than your current logo

If it were up to me I'd have East Sydney, but I've been informed by numerous people the club is very unlikely to consider a change back.

RoosTah

Juniors
Hey guys,

So I've been in touch with the Easts graphic design guy regarding this, and whilst he's made clear the club aren't considering a change, he too is a fan of the old school look, but suggested the 'Roosters' type needs to be in the branding somewhere.

Putting it in the shield is just a little tricky without f**king up the look of the thing, but I've been playing around with a version without the shield and just having the type below it like the Panthers.

From a jersey standpoint I actually think this looks pretty good too - the only thing is it really only works with a blue chook on the top. Have a look:

469f349.png

5d33947.png

Last edited:
Thats a shame they should really change it... rather have a red roosters.. why can't it be the orginal 80's 90's sheild but instead eastern suburbs change it to either roosters or ESDRLC or whatever it is

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Itd be a shame to drop the Shield(the Rooster looks much better against a solid white instead of over the V) ...

Maybe chuck a "roosters" in with/instead of "Sydney".

Edit:
For those parameters though, i dont think youll top this...

Conceptandtext.png

Last edited:

strong_latte

Juniors
Itd be a shame to drop the Shield(the Rooster looks much better against a solid white instead of over the V) ...

Maybe chuck a "roosters" in with/instead of "Sydney".

Edit:
For those parameters though, i dont think youll top this...

Conceptandtext.png

Agree with this.

It looks alright with just the chook, but does make it a little like the French soccer logo (not a terrible thing, cause that's a pretty nice and simple looking Rooster).

RoosTah

Juniors
Personally, I much prefer that option too, but just speaking with the contact at the club they reckon it needs to fit into the general logo too. He also said that 3D extrudes on the shield probably aren't the way to go (which makes sense given the scaling issue, but for larger logos I reckon it looks good).

It's tricky to do, but having a fiddle with it and gone back to my initial idea. It kinda works, but I'm not sure if it would still be considered "part" of the logo proper and I still prefer just having the straight text.

61de43b.png

RoosTah

Juniors
Hay rootah did he tell you the reason why they will not change the logo???

It wasn't so much "they will not", more just a political statement to the effect that "there are currently no plans to change the Roosters brand."

This guy has pushed a more traditional look himself though - the same guy that did the 2013-14 membership logo.

It wasn't so much "they will not", more just a political statement to the effect that "there are currently no plans to change the Roosters brand."

This guy has pushed a more traditional look himself though - the same guy that did the 2013-14 membership logo.

:thumb cheers for that

strong_latte

Juniors
Personally, I much prefer that option too, but just speaking with the contact at the club they reckon it needs to fit into the general logo too. He also said that 3D extrudes on the shield probably aren't the way to go (which makes sense given the scaling issue, but for larger logos I reckon it looks good).

It's tricky to do, but having a fiddle with it and gone back to my initial idea. It kinda works, but I'm not sure if it would still be considered "part" of the logo proper and I still prefer just having the straight text.

61de43b.png

I see what you're trying to do with it, but your design evolved in precisely the right direction. I think it looked pretty well perfect with the 3D edges on the shield and the text just below the shield and don't see what the Roosters "Type" needs to be in the shield when plenty of other clubs don't do it.

Looking at Souths, for the jersey all they have is the bunny now, with rabbitohs in just a simple bold text below. Simple, but it works.

BslatsV

Juniors
I don't see why you'd have 'Easts to win' anywhere on the logo. Is there any other club around the world with a supporter term added to it?

RoosTah

Juniors
I don't see why you'd have 'Easts to win' anywhere on the logo. Is there any other club around the world with a supporter term added to it?

It's not simply a supporter term, it was on our original logo and that's why I've included it.

For reference, I'm attempting to incorporate aspects of our 3 primary logo designs; our current one, the favoured 1979 design that everyone loves and our original logo, which has a chook on a ball with 'Easts to Win' on it.

If you've never seen it, this is what that looks like:

roosters_1967.jpg

The whole thing is about embracing our history, and that chant is part of it.

BCH

Juniors
I dont mind it, it adds a bit of culture.

Im glad its not Latin though, that would have been a wank...

You're probably right . "Easts ut conprehendatis" doesn't quite have the same ring to it (nor would it fit on the football).

I love the older club logos, grew up with them and we should never have let them go.

Last edited:

RoosTah

Juniors
Having had a bit of a play around with a few ideas on incorporating the Roosters type into the shield, I feel the least obtrusive way is putting it straight into the white of the shield and slightly reducing the size of the Rooster so it's adequately visible.

Let me know what you think:

58c96fb.png

Latest posts