What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

forevermakingthreadafterthread

IF THE CLUBS AND PLAYERS CAN BE FINED SO SHOULD THE NRL AND THE REF BOSS AND THE REFS BE FINED TOO

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
think about it carter can back up cook as hooker and carter can play more positions than mcinnes can on the paddock, and carter is a far better player today than mcinnes.do we need to lose a bench position because of mcinnes?do we need to keep an extra centre or an extra winger or an extra fullback on the bench to back up inglis or aj or auvaá absolutely not,the answer is no and by having mcinnes on the run on side or having mcinnes on the bench simply means maybe nathan brown or musgrove or whomever drops off the bench for mcinnes. i think personally cook is a gun and mcinnes is ordinary why sacrifice an extra player as i stated to have 2 hookers it makes no sense!!if you think about it we are covered in the hooking dept and probably the forwards dept also but our stocks are low in the backs and i reckon we would be better serviced by adding an extra back on the bench than by adding mcinnes as a secondary extra hooker cook dont need mcinnes trust me!!!id be benching an extra back before id add mcinnes it makes no sense our back line needs help not our hooking position...in other words by adding mcinnes we will be one player short in our team.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
dont forget cook can play 80 mins of football at no9 he can also play in the halves or on the wing or at fullback mcinnes could only dream of doing any of that!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
mcinnes is like clarky or tyrrell solid but thats it wait till cook scores a try and mcinnes stands there with his hands on his hips on the bench in awe!!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
lets all have a bet ile bet you all that cook scores more tries than mcinnes any takers i thought not and you all know why,cook is a gun thats why and mcinnes is mediocre.

alien

Referee
with the reduced interchange, it would be good to have a number 9 who can play 80 mins. perhaps madge thinks if cook plays 80 mins, he'll have to make a lot more tackles, which might reduce his attacking ability, but even if cook does share the dummy half role, it doesn't have to be with mcinnes. it could be carter

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
if we had dylan back we would be top 6 for sure but without dylan we have been accredited on 8th spot this year by matty johns

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
we dont need mcinnes we need an extra back on the bench maybe olive or hunt?i reckon madge will go for inglis,aj,auvaa,goodwin,gray,walker,reyno even blind freddy knows that id keep probably hunt or oldfield on the bench instead of mcinnes but if i had to choose id keep oldfield over hunt.bench oldfield not mcinnes.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm sure maguire knows what he's doing.
Cam can put bigger forwards on their backs, cook can't, mcinnes is great at winning the wrestle and forcing slow play the balls, cook struggles in that department. Cam had an effective flat ball in the smith style. While cook is fast, it doesn't mean mcinnes is slow. Segaryo is faster then cam smith out of dummy half, that alone doesn't make him a better player. Mcinnes is probably as fast if not faster then guys like smith, both friends, ballin, mcollough or Ennis. Mcinnes also has the ability to play lock. With the reduced interchange coming into effect, smaller defensive locks in the dallas johnson/ash harrison mould may make a comeback. With the reduced interchange having an electric hooker come on fresh at the 25-30 minute mark to take advantage of tired forwards may be master stroke that other coaches wouldn't be able to achieve because they don't have the players with cooks and mcinnes ability. Mcinnes to start and lay a foundation, cook to capitalise on that then mcinnes to come back on later in the game as a back rower.

Without a cook or mcinnes on the bench the spot gets used by an extra forward, the days of outside backs on the bench are getting rarer and rarer

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Hey shadow havent you heard the news? Olive is gonsky gone to titans he signed last year to start there 2017 so seeing his lack of respect for us we released him today good ridance

alien

Referee
With the reduced interchange having an electric hooker come on fresh at the 25-30 minute mark to take advantage of tired forwards may be master stroke that other coaches wouldn't be able to achieve because they don't have the players

i agree but it could work better if carter starts the game at dummy half and cook comes on after 25-30 mins. if 2 dummy halves are used, the one who starts will probably be expected to play some second row during the game too, and carter is better in the second row than mcinnes imo

themacemaceman

Juniors
I'd have to agree with most of what you said shadow.
Not sure about a back on the bench though. With less interchanges the forwards are going to struggle anyway so you don't want to Carry a back.
As mentioned if we have injuries in the backs cook can move to the backs and carter hook.
Don't for McInnes can play back row as well apparently but I'm yet to be convinced.
Let's hope he proves us wrong this year and has a huge year.

alien

Referee
shadow, i don't think a back will be on the interchange. cook or sutton can play in the halves if an injury happens during a game. turner can play in the centres if there is an injury in the back line during the game

Status
Not open for further replies.