What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dramas?

langpark

First Grade
There seem to be deep divisions within French Rugby League and sadly, I don't see them moving forward any time soon.

Sinman

Juniors
If a TV company was willing to take a risk.. and then the competition took off!! It could really be worth the investment.. don't see it happening but one can hope!!

yakstorm

First Grade
The risk v reward for a TV company isn't that big. An investment as little as 16m Euros per year would see a TV company create an 8 team pro comp in France which they could own and commercialize (potentially could be less).

For a beIN that is next to nothing. To me, the question is, who is selling this? Is anyone actually even trying to? Or has anyone tried?

The Daddy3

Juniors
The following clubs regions should be the foundation of any proposed pro league, all of them are the areas where RL is strongest in France;

Catalan Dragons
Toulouse Olympique
Avignon Bisons
Aude Cathars
Aquitaine Leopards
Albi/Tarn Tigers

Then you can add 2-4 from the following clubs.

Lyon-Villerbaune XIII
Montpellier Red Devils
Paris
Lens

It's possible but it depends on how much money will be thrown at it by any tv station and also local councils.

langpark

First Grade
I know a lot of you proposing a Pro-League have good intentions, but let's get realistic, it is not something that can happen overnight. You need a strong junior base (so if you start working on it now, you may have a chance in about 12 years from now), also, let's say each team needs at an absolute minimum 25 players. 8 x 25, you're looking at approx. 200 players. You cannot pluck them out of thin air unless you start raiding the ranks of lower leagues in the UK and Aus, and that is not a solid foundation to be building upon.

Where has virtually all the growth in the game been in France in the past decade? That's right, Perpignan. Now guess what the catalyst for that growth has been.

yakstorm

First Grade
I get exactly what you're saying LP, and being honest if time was on everyone's side, getting the grassroots and development structures right would be a priority.

Reality is though, France needs something for young players to aspire to outside of just the Dragons. For me, if the financials can be found to go Pro the player development can come as a result.

France does at least have some structures in place plus arguably if such a league got up, there are some Union players the code could win over (or get back) to help fill the ranks.

Unfortunately I still don't see where the money is coming from which is a shame. League needs a third pro league. It will just change the dynamic of the international game so much if it could be achieved.

langpark

First Grade
I get exactly what you're saying LP, and being honest if time was on everyone's side, getting the grassroots and development structures right would be a priority.

Reality is though, France needs something for young players to aspire to outside of just the Dragons. For me, if the financials can be found to go Pro the player development can come as a result.

France does at least have some structures in place plus arguably if such a league got up, there are some Union players the code could win over (or get back) to help fill the ranks.

Unfortunately I still don't see where the money is coming from which is a shame. League needs a third pro league. It will just change the dynamic of the international game so much if it could be achieved.
yeah you make some good points there no doubt. I'm not saying impossible, but I think if it happens gradually it's more realistic (and more sustainable long-term).

Any chance the RLIF could chip in to help get a 3rd Pro League going?
RLIF don't really have any money. Only person I can think of in our game right now that could ever hope to pull off something on such a grand scale would be Koukash.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
file.php

Tonin

Juniors
Yeah the referee said that that one of the coach punched him in the face after the game but we still don't know everything about it and the coach denies it.
At half-time (interview), this coach seemed a bit frustrated about the referee...

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Joing the Marc Palanques bid team is Jacques Sopplesa, who has already run the FFRXIII in the past (with limited success I might add).

How is this for a CV?

1961-1965 : Ecole Normale Supérieure (StCl)
1965 : Agrégation de Géographie
1965-1967 : Assistant agrégé à l'ENS
1967-1969 : "sous les drapeaux" Sous Lieutenant du Génie
1970-1977 : Maitre de Conférences à la Sorbonne.
1973-1975 : Institut d'Etudes Politiques de Paris (Lauréat)
1977-1978 : Auditeur à l'Institut des Hautes Etudes de Défense Nationale
Nov 1977 : Doctorat d'Etat en Lettres et Sciences Humaines
1978 : Président du Centre d'Etudes Nord Américaines (CENA)
Depuis 1978 : Professeur de Chaire (Géopolitique) à l'Université de Paris I
Fev.1982-Oct 1989 : Président de l' Université de Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne
(1985-1986) : Vice Président de la Conférence des Présidents d'Université)
1986 : Cofondateur de l'Université Française du Pacifique
1986-1989 : Président de la COREX
1987 : Cofondateur de l'Insitut Africain d'Etudes Stratégiques (Libreville)
1987 : co Rédacteur de la "Magna Charta" des Universités-Programme Erasmus)
1989 : Président du Conseil de surveillance de "European Strategy and Lobbyism")
1990-1993 : Conseiller Culturel auprès de l'Ambassade de France aux Etats Unis
1991-1993 : Doyen de la Faculté Libre de Sciences Politiques de New York
1993-1996 : Conseiller Culturel,Scientifique et de Coopération auprès de l'Ambassade de France en Argentine
Depuis 1996 : Professeur de Géopolitique à l'Université de Paris I.
1997 : élu Président de l'Académie Universitaire
1997 : Président de l'Institut Européen d'Etudes Stratégiques.
1998: Directeur de l'ISEM . Paris Depuis 2000 : Président de l'Académie Internationale de Géopolitique
2002 : Directeur du DESS "ENS-ParisI "Géopolitique
2003 : Professeur aux Universités de Liège et de Bruxelles
2004 : Président de l'Ecole Diplomatique de Paris.
2005 : Directeur du programme Géopolitique "Val d'Aoste".
2007: Président du Comité Scientifique des Progressistes
2008 : Délégué Relations internationales du Réseau des Instituts francophones d'études stratégiques..
2009 : co responsable du Master francophone Droit internaitonal Université Cheik Antar Diop de Dakar
Président de l'Institut francophone régional de Paris Europe de l'Ouest
Président de la Commission nationale "francophonie de Dialogue et Démocratie"
2010 : Président du Conseil de Surveillance de la Fondation Internationale "Hope and Development Hungary" Budapest
Président du Conseil Scientifique de l'Ecole des Hautes Etudes Internationales et de l'Ecole des Hautes Etudes Politiques
2011 : membre du Comité Scientifique de I'Institut Choiseul et de la Société des Idées.
Membre du Conseil d'Administration d'ECOTEC
2012: Administrateur de l'Ecole des Hautes Etudes Internationales
Vice Président du Conseil d 'Administration d'ECOTEC
Directeur de publication des Cahiers du CESIP
Membre du comité de rédaction de la Revue Politique et Parlementaire

Activités extra universitaires :

1979/...Officier de réserve dans l'Arme du Génie.
Vice Président (1980-1983) puis Président (1983-1987) des Fédérations Française et Internationale de Rugby à XIII (International Rugby League)
2003: Président de Lafayette Press
2005-2006: Président de Presse Alliance et de "France Soir".
2008: Secrétaire National à la Doctrine Radicale. P R G.
2011 : Président du Comité d'Ethique de Parthena
Comité de direction de "Blue Invest" (groupe Axone Invest)
2012: Président du Club "Treize de France".
Président de JRS Consulting.
2013: Président de "France-Bahrein Council".
2014: Maire Adjoint à la Vie Scolaire, aux Universités, à la Jeunesse et aux Sports du Veme ardt de Paris.

Tonin

Juniors
Jacques Soppelsa is the one who gave back our real name (Rugby à XIII) after a trial against the union federation.
He got a really strong CV.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
no they are not all candidates for the presidency. there were two teams in the race, one headed by zalduendo and the other palanques.

to be honest, I'm not sure how the votes are counted and distributed to end up with that table, but the top 24 on the list ALL belong to planaques' team.