What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies that were panned by audiences/critics that you loved

Wizardman

First Grade
What is a movie that was generally panned that you liked?

I have to go with "The Cable Guy". This movie was absolutely trashed by audiences and critics alike. I loved it from the first time I saw it.
It was very funny, Carrey was brilliant and script was genius. I will never know why the movie is soooo despised. In fact, it is my favourite Carrey movie by a long way.

What are your thoughts?

McLovin

Staff member
- Alien 3

- Alien: Resurrection

- Prometheus

- AVP

- AVP2

Those were panned by either critics or the fan base but basically anything that involves the Alien franchise get's my nod of approval. Love it all..

The same with the Predator franchise re: Predators

DiegoNT

First Grade
Freddy Got Fingered. One of the funniest movies of all time.

I remember my older brother telling me all about freddy got fingered when it first came out, how it was the funniest movie ever and that literally every minute of the movie had a funny moment in it. Watched it, and after 90 unfunny minutes a looked at my brother speechless. We still haven't talked 14 years later.

Parra Pride

Coach
I was referring to the '98 Ferris Bueller version. I thought the most recent one was well received? Thought it was pretty good.

The '98 Godzilla was so bad they had the real Godzilla kicks it's bitch ass all over the Sydney Opera House in Final Wars.

[youtube]zPxhdo4HDgg[/youtube]

Cletus

First Grade
I remember my older brother telling me all about freddy got fingered when it first came out, how it was the funniest movie ever and that literally every minute of the movie had a funny moment in it. Watched it, and after 90 unfunny minutes a looked at my brother speechless. We still haven't talked 14 years later.

I had the same reaction with my best friend. Absolutely terrible movie, Tom Green now had his own public access tv program a few years later :)

Parra

Referee
Agree wuth Cable Guy and Ford Fairlane.

Wedding Crashers

True Romance , Jackie Brown both seemed to be ignored by audiences. Same for Glengarry Glen Ross.

Street Trash

Days of Thunder

Cobra

Under Siege

Latest posts