What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Travel Thread

PJ

First Grade
Franz Josef Glacier doesn't let you hike on it anymore, I hear, but it's worth a look. Might be worth checking if Fox Glacier is still accessible.

We were there in Jan and there was hiking on FJ weather dependent.

The service at FJ was pretty sh!t though. I would strongly recommend arranging it at Fox.

Had booked on FJ but it was off due to weather. let us know at the last moment even though it was obvious we wouldn't be doing it. Absolutely no interest in trying to reschedule next day.

Fox let people know it wouldn't be happening earlier and tried very hard to reschedule eveyone. Even tried for us once they had looked after those already booked with Fox even though we were essentially walk ups.

Mt Cook is pretty cool. I loved the dark sky park but we had a perfect night.

May get shouted down but thought Ferg Burger in Queenstown was way overated.

Pugzley

God, I forgot how much of an urge I had to punch each and every Filo driver in the throat!!

Learn to drive, Foooooo!!!

_Johnsy

Referee
I feel like I'm letting you down here, but I've not spent any time in Guangdong. Closest I've been was Xiamen in Fujian province.

If you're a theme park guy, I've heard there are a lot of theme parks there.

Jealous! Hoping to get back there in October for a conference/debauched orgy of alcohol and beach sleeping.

Do It. Port Visa takes like 10 minutes to get at Lo Wu. Good for a day trip just to see a Chinese city.

Cheers

Bazal

Post Whore
Locked in a trip to Fiji for the missus' thirtieth in a few months. Keen for it, 5 star resort and tropical weather.

_Johnsy

Referee
You have to laugh (well you don't have to) but I can see the funny side to my predicament.

Booked in paid for our Thailand/Hong Kong trip. 33 days until we leave.

4 weeks ago my wife & I are walking our dog at about 5am, before work.

She gets bitten by a few mozzies, she's the type of person that would get bitten if she is in a 5000m2 room with 400 other people & one mosquito. Three days later she feels a bit iffy, sore etc. Goes to the Doc & has blood tests done, confirmed 2 weeks ago after numerous tests, Ross River Fever.

Just waiting to see if she recovers well enough in time, TBH I'm not that hopeful. Thanks christ for travel insurance.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Jeez, that's some bloody awful luck! I hope she recovers soon, both for your trip and because I hear that's a miserable illness to deal with.

_Johnsy

Referee
Jeez, that's some bloody awful luck! I hope she recovers soon, both for your trip and because I hear that's a miserable illness to deal with.

Thanks mate.

Heard back from the Dr. & as a result trip cancelled. She's taken the rest of the term off on LSL, the only way she'll bounce back is rest & more rest.

Fkn disappointed, thank christ for the insurance policy I took out while paying for the flights. I'm sure that will be a ball of laughs, going through the process with the Insurance company.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Bugger. That's some rough luck, mate. Hope the missus is feeling better soon and the insurance company doesn't give you too many headaches.

mackdadday

Juniors
I am off on an epic voyage this monday starting in Kazakhstan then on to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Phillipines, Brunei, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore if all goes to plan (which hopefully it won't). Any of you heathens got any tips for yonder travels? Trekking and snorkeling are my main desires.