What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we needed another one of these.

Gus has confirmed to big sports breakfast that James Segeyaro won't be offered a new contract.

Also apparently there will be other signing news this week & next.

Heard the interview on BSB. Gould doesn't sound too confident of retaining Mansour but he is hopeful though. He whinged about the salary cap and third party deals trying to fit Mansour in. Now Mansour is a origin player his value has gone up. He wants to keep Mansour but its going to be difficult to retain him at his current price without corporate support.
Sege is gone. Won't be offered a new contract for next year.
There will be a few new signing announced soon that Griffin wants.

Last edited:
Did a bit of digging.

Sio to Penrith?

One of our Aussie moles tells us that Penrith are keen on Hull KR winger Ken Sio. The former Parra flyer has one season left on his three-year deal with the Robins. But that may not stop the Panthers prying him away from East Yorkshire. We’re also told Penrith are also after Manly back-rower Tom Symonds.
http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_22185-off-the-record-rugby-league-rumour-and-gossip-38.html

Maybe Sio is back up option in case we can't keep Mansour.

franklin2323

Immortal
That's the sort of recruitment we should be doing. Fill our squad out with those types of players

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I'm not shocked we are linked to Tom Symonds... He's a back rower and Gus loves him! Ticks both boxes!

Ken Sio is not even close to a replacement for Mansour! I'd rather Purtell back*.

*I don't want Purtell back.

jason taylor

Bench
Ken Sio was pretty good at Parra. One of our best and most consistent players during the horror run of 2012-14. I have no doubt that we would have kept him if Hayne had announced his NFL move earlier. I always found it bizarre that no other team picked him up.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour for Sio.... please tell me that's a joke.

That's like Cowboys going after Luke Walsh to replace Thurston.

betcats

Referee
Sio was promising I'd be happy to sign him and let him fight it out with our young guys for a spot, no idea why people are blowing up if we lose Mansour he is going to be replaced with someone young and cheap, we aren't going to sign a similar winger to him.

panthersam

Juniors
Sio was promising I'd be happy to sign him and let him fight it out with our young guys for a spot, no idea why people are blowing up if we lose Mansour he is going to be replaced with someone young and cheap, we aren't going to sign a similar winger to him.

^ Agreed

Don't know why people are reacting on here like we would sign him as a like for like replacement. We all know that Mansour is the superior winger but of course that comes with a more expensive pay packet.

I actually went to school with Kenny Sio, he was the year above me but we played a whole heap of OzTag/Touch footy together for the school. Really nice guy and would love to have him at the Panthers to compete for a spot in our backline.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sad to see Segeyaro fall from grace so quickly (at our club anyway).

At his best he surely is one of the best dummy halves in the game.

Very disappointing news. Given he is part of our spine, Wallace only really back up for another year and there remains doubt about whether our back up's are genuine NRL quality, we probably do need to bring someone in.

tripster

Juniors
I really rate Whare but with his injuries would it be worth letting him go to keep Sauce?

When does Whare's contract expire? If it is at the end of this season then I definitely think he should be re-signed. He wouldn't have a very strong negotiating position with recent injuries so we would probably keep him for a decent price. We also don't have a lot of depth in the centres, and injury free he is outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.