What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2019

T-Boon

Coach
Could the total lack of development of players in NSW have something to do with the fact the NRL clubs are left in charge of development? Is it the number of Islanders in the NSW juniors?
There much be an explanation for as to why Qld is developing so much more talent - especially in the halves.

12-a-side football. (7 interchanges per match)

Tedesco, Ferguson, Dugan, G Jennings, T Treboiovich, B Cartwright, L Brooks, Fifita, Peats, Campbell-Gillard, T Frizell, W Graham

Interchange - M Moses, J McLean, D Klemmer, J Jackson

isaiah

Bench
Middle rotation first.
Corey Parker has turned 34 but doesn't look like slowing, unlike Myles who is 31 next month and surely this will be his last year. Matt Scott is 31 in July. If he and Parker still hold their form and their clubs continue their success, you would think both would get to decide when they finish. Qld's middle rotation has always had a succession plan right back to petero, Steve price, and webcke. You wouldn't' think the team will need lillyman this year unless an injury occurs and Napa will surely make the bench next year after the ban. Coen Hess, Felise, and George fai are the best of the young players. More soon.

Corey Parker not playing past this year. Napa a certainty next year.

isaiah

Bench
Middle rotation first.
Corey Parker has turned 34 but doesn't look like slowing, unlike Myles who is 31 next month and surely this will be his last year. Matt Scott is 31 in July. If he and Parker still hold their form and their clubs continue their success, you would think both would get to decide when they finish. Qld's middle rotation has always had a succession plan right back to petero, Steve price, and webcke. You wouldn't' think the team will need lillyman this year unless an injury occurs and Napa will surely make the bench next year after the ban. Coen Hess, Felise, and George fai are the best of the young players. More soon.

Coen Hess seems to be playing as an edge forward for the northern pride in the isc lately. do you think that is where his future lies?

BranVan3000

Coach
Who is in the team five years from now?

1. Tedesco
2. D Nofoaluma
3. Hopoate
4. D Walker
5. Mansour
6. Keary
7. Brooks
8. A Woods
9. Peats
10. Starling
11. Cordner
12. Bryce Cartwright
13. T Peachy

14. Kurt Gidley/Cam McInnes/ Michael Lichaa
15. Kane Evans
16. Klemmer
17. Kyle Turner

Backs were easy to pick... Forwards hard! Really can't tell with these forwards how they will go at NRL level over the next few years

Team seems to be shaping this way except for the halves. Though Keary has a better chance now that he is at Roosters

Turner might of made it if not for neck and head injuries

Starling? Not sure what I was thinking there

Still backing Gidley for a 2019 appearance

isaiah

Bench
Middle rotation first.

Add Bateman. Could be ready as soon as next year.

Tommy Smith

Referee
NSW 2019:

1. Tedesco
2. Mitchell
3. Dugan
4. Bird
5. Trbojevic
6. Moylan
7. Cleary
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner (c)
12. Jackson
13. Trbojevic

14. Campbell-Gillard
15. Fifita
16. Frizell
17. Cartwright

Tommy Smith

Referee
Team seems to be shaping this way except for the halves. Though Keary has a better chance now that he is at Roosters

Turner might of made it if not for neck and head injuries

Starling? Not sure what I was thinking there

Still backing Gidley for a 2019 appearance
Walker
Keary
Peats
Starling
Macinnes
Turner

It's easy to see what you were thinking - get as many current or recently ex-Rabbitohs in the team as possible :D

betcats

Referee
I know hindsight and everything but when has Starling ever looked like he could be or develop into a starting origin prop? everyone else has atleast been rated that way or shown that potential at one time but Starlo was a plodder from day one.

NSW 2019:

1. Tedesco
2. Mitchell
3. Dugan
4. Bird
5. Trbojevic
6. Moylan
7. Cleary
8. Woods
9. Peats
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner (c)
12. Jackson
13. Trbojevic

14. Campbell-Gillard
15. Fifita
16. Frizell
17. Cartwright

I like that side except for Jackson, he can go. Also Junior Paulo in place of RCG who is good himself but not as good as Paulo and the (c) should be next to Woods.

isaiah

Bench
Fb and the three quarters all together because most can play various roles.
Slater is 33 next month and obviously injured just now. It seems Boyd will be selected as fb this series so inglis can play centre. I still prefer inglis at one. I still remember slater being bashed out of a series and inglis in the decider playing like he was saying, here I am, try to bash me. Chambers solidified his place last year but in his absence this year, Oates,feldt, o'Neill are all in the mix. Gagai is a chance to be involved again. Val holmes would be a certainty this year if not banned and also Munster to a lesser extent. ed lee or tautau moga could improve and leutele could be a late bloomer. Ponga, gela-Mosby, and a kid called enari tuala could be the future.
if slater and chambers are fit and firing in 10 months time, who does kevvie choose. boyd at one was among the best 3 qld players over the 3 games but i think he goes back to the wing outside inglis and slater comes back to the one jersey. same for nsw if hayne returns. teddy was very good, but he was put in the clear twice and did not score. hayne scores at least one of those opportunities. teddy to the wing,
chambers to the other centre with gagai outside him. o'neill and oates were fantastic all 3 games, but val holmes comes in next if reqd, imo.

if slater and chambers are fit and firing in 10 months time, who does kevvie choose. boyd at one was among the best 3 qld players over the 3 games but i think he goes back to the wing outside inglis and slater comes back to the one jersey. same for nsw if hayne returns. teddy was very good, but he was put in the clear twice and did not score. hayne scores at least one of those opportunities. teddy to the wing,
chambers to the other centre with gagai outside him. o'neill and oates were fantastic all 3 games, but val holmes comes in next if reqd, imo.

You're f**king mad if you think Oates will be dropped.

isaiah

Bench
Oates only got his chance because slater was out... He was good but team is stronger with slater at one and Boyd winger outside inglis. Bide his time. He will get chances.

Oates only got his chance because slater was out... He was good but team is stronger with slater at one and Boyd winger outside inglis. Bide his time. He will get chances.

Slater will be lucky to see another rep jersey again and Oates was on the verge of Australian selection only missing out against the best winger in the world in Radradra. If someone was making way for slater, it would be the two guys on the other side of the field.