What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: West Indies v India at North Sound on Jul 21-25, 2016 - INDIA WON BY AN INNINGS & 92 RUNS

TheParraboy

Staff member
Starts later n the week at midnight (Friday morning I think) - 4 test series

Ramdin dropped for the WI

Expecting India to roll them, but you never know

vvvrulz

Coach
It's become the in thing for a dropped West Indian to have a public whinge when given the chop.

I can sympathise in some cases, but while Ramdin has improved of late he is NOT a great keeper batsman.
Similar story with Pollard who has an abysmal ODI record, DJ Bravo not a whole lot better.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ramdin isn't a great keeper batsman, but he's the best wicket-keeper the Windies have surely? Only Dujon and Jacobs have more dismissals (and neither of them would be considered greats either). Dowrich is hardly setting the world on fire with a FC average in the mid thirties...

vvvrulz

Coach
You're probably right, I was more having a go at his rant about getting chopped.
If he was performing at a high class level I'd understand, nothing wrong with trying out young talent.

Bazal

Post Whore
Seems to me as though the players are fed up more than anything. The Windies management couldn't manage a root in a brothel with a blank cheque book, I can understand why the players would be sick of it. Sure there are some massive egos involved, but they've been managed atrociously for years

vvvrulz

Coach
Seems to me as though the players are fed up more than anything. The Windies management couldn't manage a root in a brothel with a blank cheque book, I can understand why the players would be sick of it. Sure there are some massive egos involved, but they've been managed atrociously for years

Yep no argument there.

Very sad with the player pool they have, capable of doing anything really.

TheParraboy

Staff member
WI made to follow on
At least their new keeper made runs :p

1/31 2nd dig, still 302 runs behind, 2 days to play

vvvrulz

Coach
Windies clobbered at home, Kohli being primed to be India's best batsman ever and best captain ever.

Credit where it's due, top effort getting a double ton.
But Aswhin got a ton too, and this attack is disgraceful.

If Kohli pulled a double ton against Walsh Ambrose and Bishop I'd be impressed.