What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game day V Tigers (round 20)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
After a tumultuous week what can we expect today?

My opinion is quite simple.......we will turn up and win by 30 or we won't and lose by 30.

I am excited by Milne and Mann just wish they were on the same side of the field.
I am confused at McCarthy's selection. If Cooper cannot play, it must mean either Thompson or Host will move to prop and McCarthy as a running forward. Just shows how light we are for props.

The Holden cup game should be very good with our U20's (4th) against a good U20's Tigers team (6th).

How many will turn up? will there be protest banners etc? It's a televised game so it will be interesting.

As a lifetime Dragons fan I would say "fire up" and "good luck boys".....but I've seem to have lost that mojo!

GKJ79

Juniors
I don't think we can score 30 points, and with all the changes Mcgregor has made, i wouldn't expect them to, i would think the players will turn up, considering the milestones for De belin, and Benji, dont think enough fans will turn up to bring any banners, if the tigers execute well, they will win by at least 20, i wont say anything else, because i would only be repeating myself.

thebigredv

First Grade
Was it 2001 that with 1 minute to go, Blacklock ran down the sideline, chipped over Caine to regather, not only to score, not only to do a few cartwheels and somesaults but to win the match against the Tigers.

Another Dragons Tigers memory would have to be Gasnier scoring 4 tries in about 2004 on a way to a 50-0 victory.

How about 2005 when we came back from a huge deficit to beat the Tigers. Hornby took the reins at halfback and commanded the game like a true halfback should. Barrett chimed in when needed.

I mention these because these are all things you dream of and hope to see when you go to the footy. They are not possibilities for us under McGregor - with his selections and 'structures'. The best a Dragons fan could hope for today is for defence to kick in again and we graft out a win against a Tigers team that doesn't fire.

We don't have strike power, any flair or anyone who can take a game into their own hands.
We don't have halves to first grade standard.
We don't have points in us.
We haven't shown any fight for three weeks.

blacksafake

First Grade
Was it 2001 that with 1 minute to go, Blacklock ran down the sideline, chipped over Caine to regather, not only to score, not only to do a few cartwheels and somesaults but to win the match against the Tigers.

Another Dragons Tigers memory would have to be Gasnier scoring 4 tries in about 2004 on a way to a 50-0 victory.

How about 2005 when we came back from a huge deficit to beat the Tigers. Hornby took the reins at halfback and commanded the game like a true halfback should. Barrett chimed in when needed.

I mention these because these are all things you dream of and hope to see when you go to the footy. They are not possibilities for us under McGregor - with his selections and 'structures'. The best a Dragons fan could hope for today is for defence to kick in again and we graft out a win against a Tigers team that doesn't fire.

We don't have strike power, any flair or anyone who can take a game into their own hands.
We don't have halves to first grade standard.
We don't have points in us.
We haven't shown any fight for three weeks.
Ah that Blacklock try will live in my mind for ever. I was on the hill that day with a couple of tiger supporters & i really enjoyed it.
If he & Gaz were still playing the current coach would have coached all their skill out of them.

getsmarty

Immortal
Ah that Blacklock try will live in my mind for ever. I was on the hill that day with a couple of tiger supporters & i really enjoyed it.
If he & Gaz were still playing the current coach would have coached all their skill out of them.

Yep , great memories...How we all long to see some players that can do that..oh wait that's right, B.Moz and J.Bird etc are no longer with us..surplus to requirements.

GKJ79

Juniors

Leading try scorer 3 years running, that try should have booked him his spot for NSW, they snubbed him, and gave him the no18 jersey instead, one of the best wingers of his time to never play for the blues.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think the policy should be to
pick a team that can attack and not make stupid mistakes as relying on defence and kicking penalties will win zilch games. Hopefully this team will have
more attacking firepower and
play with more confidence to set up a good win.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think it will be a quality game, two very desperate sides. Benji's 250th. And Taylor possibly coaching the most important game of his career with a real point to prove regarding Farah. It could go either way.

Dragsters

First Grade
Both sets of players will have their motivations, dragons with big player milestones and the need to turn around a run of poor form.

The tigpies young halves and fullback will be out to prove they are worthy of the faith the coach has in them to control the team best.

Having said that I reckon those with most at stake in this game are the two coaches.

Motivations should be high all around and this should make for a good match.

Go the MIGHTIES!

hazzbeen

Bench
I dont care if we win or loose I just want to see us score points 25 or more and ill be happy...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Host misses out???????
Mattews as well

Both should have played for the Cutters yesterday.............another McGregor mistake

Latest posts