What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Change of Captaincy

bileduct

Coach
Speaking of the locker room, nickspam, I wonder what our senior players think...

"He reminds of the way Cameron Smith plays, he controls the ruck really well, he's pretty fit and he's pretty vocal on the field," Lima said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...eron-smith-20160224-gn259t.html#ixzz468sz2ibK

Meanwhile...

"It's hard for officials not to sit and listen to what they (Cameron Smith and every other captain) have to say, because they've been around for so long and they actually know what they're doing." - Jarrod Choker.

skeepe

Immortal
Wasn't that Croker quote from when he first started as captain? Nothing like on the job experience.

bileduct

Coach
By first starting out, do you mean right after McCrone committed career suicide in 2014 with his worst game ever when it was a toss of the coin between those two idiots for the role?

Or do you mean like, late in season 2015 when the article was written?

bileduct

Coach
Last edited:

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
I'd like to see Hodgson given the captaincy, or Soliola when he comes back from Injury. I think Croker has to focus other aspects of his game, without having the captaincy over his head. He hasn't offered much in attack recently and has gone back to his bad old ways with defence.

In saying that, I've been so f**king disappointed with how the Raiders have performed the last 2 weeks. They've been terrible. Why must they hurt me so?

bileduct

Coach
It was interesting listening to Michael Ennis talk on NRL 360 about how effective their captain and senior leadership group was... What a pity we don't have that.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Croker has been pretty good this year. I thought he captained quite well against the Titans too.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah he's having a great season this year. Our attack is getting a lot better down that side of the field and not having to rely on BJ and Rapana doing everything now

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
It takes a big man to admit they were wrong.

Imagine my surprise to find that bileduct is unable to do so.

bileduct

Coach
Wrong about what? Croker is a shit captain.

His personal form has been pretty good in the last few weeks against half a Cowboys team and our golden point victory over the team coming dead last.

skeepe

Immortal
Why is he a shit captain? He's leading from the front on the field, and everyone in the club raves about his leadership off the field.

What's shit about that?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
He has been really good all year and is a ludicrous point scorer. His defence is fine but he can get shown up by a larger centre occasionally (although it has not happened this year)

I dont think he will be playing for Australia but he is certainly a good centre. The debate is pretty much over on Croker.

legend

Coach
Croker has had an outstanding season but he still isn't in the class of Cam Smith or Thurston as a captain and he never will be. He's not that assertive but he will continue to improve and deserves to retain his role as captain.

bileduct

Coach
Alright, I'll give credit to this little turd where it's due. I thought he was excellent today (goal kicking aside), particularly the one on one tackle driving back into the ingoal forcing another set.

That said, Souths were f**king rubbish. We should have put 80 on them.

Latest posts