What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

dogz08

First Grade
1. Tedesco
2. Radradra
3. Hayne
4. Leilua
5. Mansour
6. Austin
7. Sezer
8. Woods (c)
9. Ennis
10. Klemmer
11. Cartwright
12. Frizell
13. Graham

14. R. James (cover prop + 2ndrow)
15. Fifita
16. Paulo
17. J. Bird

Note - Ask for dispensation for Radradra. He's played for Aus already, so get him in there somehow. They let Lam play ffs. These are desperate times for the Blues.

i'm surprised you didn't pick croker, wighton, vaughan or boyd..

big hit!

Bench
apart from Hayne being included in these teams, most of these are really just a 2016-Game 4 team without Gal & Farah. a bit can change between now and Jun 2017. don't ask me about the 2019 team thread.

and those leaving Jennings out? lol! get over Game 2 folks. he had a mare and he was a millimetre away from scoring a try to level the series. he's still one of the best centres NSW have got. just select a forward to play on the wing outside him though because they won't see much ball.

Dugan will be there. His form this year has been fine, .....

Sorry, but his form "as a centre" has not been fine at all. It has been abysmal. His best form has been when he has played fullback. That is why he should not be anywhere near the side in the centres, which is the post I originally relied to. Dugan is not amongst the top 2 centres available to play for NSW in anyway, shape, or form.

Clifferd

Coach
Hayne
Tedesco (has played wing before)
Jennings
J.Morris
B.Morris

Swap Jennings for Bird and dunno about Hayne, even if he does come up I don't think he should warrant automatic selection unless form leading up to it proves it.

Also would strongly consider Aitken in the years to come, in a decent team he'd carve imo and if we're looking towards the future, Bird/Aitken in the centres are the best up and comers

Jason Maher

Immortal
Slight team alteration

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Matthew Moylan
7. James Maloney
8. Aaron Woods
9. Nathan Peats
10. David Klemmer
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Wade Graham (c)

14. Blake Austin
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Andrew Fifita
17. Paul Vaughan

nick87

Coach
Looks just about right to me, Maher.
At the very least i'd like to see a side like that given a go

Love Mansour and I did name him but a firing Bmoz is probably the better option.

Merrin in the mix too, hes been great this year

Jason Maher

Immortal
I can't bring myself to name the traitor. Plus Laurie has used him horribly in Origin, giving him about 15 minutes of game time on average. What the f**k is he supposed to do in the short space? He's an 80 minute player, not an impact player.

SBD82

Coach
Slight team alteration

1. James Tedesco
2. Josh Mansour
3. Jack Bird
4. Jarryd Hayne
5. Tom Trbojevic
6. Matthew Moylan
7. James Maloney
8. Aaron Woods
9. Nathan Peats
10. David Klemmer
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Boyd Cordner
13. Wade Graham (c)

14. Blake Austin
15. Bryce Cartwright
16. Andrew Fifita
17. Paul Vaughan

That's a very good side. I'd prefer to drop graham or Cordner and have another middle forward to start, but your side is much closer to the side that I would pick than the shit we will inevitably see named.

Jason Maher

Immortal
That's a very good side. I'd prefer to drop graham or Cordner and have another middle forward to start, but your side is much closer to the side that I would pick than the shit we will inevitably see named.

Maybe Friz to 13 and Graham to 11? I think both of them are perfectly capable of handling either an edge or playing through the middle, so it doesn't matter too much.

SBD82

Coach
Maybe Friz to 13 and Graham to 11? I think both of them are perfectly capable of handling either an edge or playing through the middle, so it doesn't matter too much.
I think they could both handle it, but you'd already have to shift an edge to the middle when Cartwright came on. I wouldn't want both friz and graham in the middle at the same time. Daley would have to manage his interchanges perfectly and not lose a prop mid game to avoid that happening.

It's a tough call. I've heaped shit on Cordner for a long time, but Game 1 this year he finally started to look like the player he has been made out to be, then he misses the final two games.

Graham should have been selected ahead of Cordner a couple of seasons ago IMO. And I thought he debuted well.

And anyone who watched friz play this year will know he should be selected next year.

There's also the captaincy. Both cordner's and Graham's names have been thrown around.

I think I'm still debating in my own head the best way to go, but knowing Daley what we will actually get is;

8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Cordner
13. G. Bird
14. Walker
15. Klemmer
16. Fifita
17. Merrin

Jason Maher

Immortal
There's no way Daley could leave Friz out. I get that he's an idiot, but he can't possibly ignore how well Friz played in games 2 and 3, which proved he is more than just a big fish in the Dragons' small pond.

SBD82

Coach
There's no way Daley could leave Friz out. I get that he's an idiot, but he can't possibly ignore how well Friz played in games 2 and 3, which proved he is more than just a big fish in the Dragons' small pond.
I felt dirty writing that team list. But I genuinely think Daley is dumb enough to do something very similar.

You're probably right though. Surely even Daley can't leave friz out. Although he will probably play him in the middle and only give him 20 mins match time.

Latest posts