What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome Manaia Cherrington

coolumsharkie

Referee
In my observations, Brown hasnt kicked on as a dummy half. If you have time check out his service in the Knights game. Pretty clunky and slow, he's a halfback. End of story.

azzah72

Bench
FYI, I believe we have Farah for $175k a year on a 2 year deal.

I work pretty closely with many in the biz.

I won't put my house on it but there was a fair bit of confidence about my source

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
FYI, I believe we have Farah for $175k a year on a 2 year deal.

I work pretty closely with many in the biz.

I won't put my house on it but there was a fair bit of confidence about my source
Bargain at that price but still not sure I'd want him.....but then again I used to despise Ennis I guess.

southland

Juniors
A bargain price is not necessarily good for our culture or team.

Farah brings experience both good and bad and if he is getting close to 200k from us plus the 750 odd k from Tigers what will his motivation to play hard be?

If Gal and Lewis are clinging on for another year we have enough experience right there to field a younger, fresher and more fun to watch hooker than Robbie bloody Farah carting it out of dummy half.

f**k me. I would be on the phone to James Seg with the believe that the now strong and positive culture around the team can get the best out of him next season.

Special K

Coach
The idea that Farah would damage our culture but our culture would fix seg is a strange one

No to both for mine. I do think we will get Farah though... Such a flanno signing

cb4

First Grade
Farah at anything less than 300k is a no brainer.
You could still have Nu Brown on the bench ready to go.
My opinion of the Farah saga is that neither Taylor nor Farah suit each other.

I have always thought Farah suits Flanno. He would fit into our pack quite nicely. We gain more defensively and take a sideways step attacking so its a yes for me.

millersnose

Post Whore
A bargain price is not necessarily good for our culture or team.

Farah brings experience both good and bad and if he is getting close to 200k from us plus the 750 odd k from Tigers what will his motivation to play hard be?

If Gal and Lewis are clinging on for another year we have enough experience right there to field a younger, fresher and more fun to watch hooker than Robbie bloody Farah carting it out of dummy half.

f**k me. I would be on the phone to James Seg with the believe that the now strong and positive culture around the team can get the best out of him next season.

Motivation for Farah?

I doubt that will be a problem

Card Shark

Immortal
I do think we will get Farah though... Such a flanno signing

Agree totally!

When quizzed about it at the Ennis announcement, he kept his cards very close to his chest but seeing Ennis had decided this was his last year a while ago, I'm sure at least Gal has been in Farah's ear.

Arnold

Juniors
Given our current performance we naturally want to maintain it by replacing like for like.

This isn't like for like but it's also not Mitch Rein. If we went into 2017 with Farah as the replacement for Ennis I'm totally ok with it now.

Card Shark

Immortal
That's the way I'm thinking.

In the highly unlikely event we don't win this year :wink:, our window could close for next year without Ennis (an experienced hooker).

Farah probably keeps it ajar a bit longer.

Arnold

Juniors
It's all quite interesting.

Keep in mind the tigers are also trying to keep JAC from going to Melbourne. They may need the money.

Card Shark

Immortal
It's a shambles the way they run their salary cap - overpaying players with back-ended contracts, then offloading them begore the contract's up & paying another club to use them.

Bloody madness but good for the team getting the player. Haven't we got Ryan, Fifita & Heighington off them in these circumstances? All good pick ups!

cb4

First Grade
Farah is owed around about $900k frm the Tigers next year. I think the Tigers would be looking for someone to take him for 2 years and chip in $450k a year.
One thing that Taylor and Farah have shown this year, is that is interchangeable with another hooker on the bench.
Perfect way to accommodate Nu Brown and not lose him. The more comfortable we are in the game, the more minute Nu plays.
Farah would need to know he is coming here to mentor the youngsters as well as lay a platform.

If we got up 20-0 in the first half, I would yank him and not put him back on, but praise him in the press for being a role model and a professional.
Sometimes, it's the little things that go along way.
He would also be very handy to have to close a game out. I rate him highly in closing out close games.

Latest posts