What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 21 vs Eels @ ANZ Stadium

Who will win? Round 21: Eels v Wests Tigers

• Parramatta Eels 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2016 - Round 21
Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers
ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park (TICKETS)
Saturday 30 July 2016

Gates Open 3:10pm / U20s 3:15pm / NRL 5:30pm

PAR-16teamlist.png

1. Michael Gordon 2. Vai Toutai 3. Manu Ma'u 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Bevan French 6. Clinton Gutherson 7. Jeff Robson 8. Danny Wicks 9. Isaac De Gois 10. Tim Mannah 11. Ken Edwards 12. Tepai Moeroa 13. Beau Scott
Interchange: 14. Rory O'Brien 15. Peni Terepo 16. David Gower 17. Daniel Alvaro

WST-16teamlist.png

1. James Tedesco 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Tim Simona 4. Kevin Naiqama 5. Jordan Rankin 6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks 8. Aaron Woods 9. Dene Halatau 10. Sauaso Sue 11. Josh Aloiai 12. Chris Lawrence 13. Elijah Taylor
Interchange: 14. Kyle Lovett 15. Ava Seumanufagai 16. Tim Grant 17. Joel Edwards

REF-RED-2016-150.jpg

Referees: Henry Perenara, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh, Kasey Badger
Video Referees: Luke Patten, Ben Galea, Jason Robinson

ISP NSW
Wests Tigers v Mounties @ Campbelltown, Sat 10:40am (FOX)
BYE: Wentworthville

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Teams named, officials named. Unchanged from last weekend.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Expect Mau to get off, players always get off charges when they're playing us that week. Considering eels fans expected Scott and DeGois to be out that's not a bad team. Really they are only missing 4 of their players from when they were firmly entrentreched in the top 4. This won't be a walk in the park like a lot are saying.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
On the weekend we should be pretty competitive up until the point where Rankin comes into the hooking role. I am guessing the reshuffle will have Lovett out in the centres....so my fortune cookie says we will be up by 6 points when that happens and Bevan French, in the space of 10 minutes will score a hat trick, standing Lovett up every time.

Gee I can't understand this bloody mindedness not picking a hooker for a hooker. Even if Addo-Carr was getting a run I'd be a bit happier. I can't make the game this weekend but I'd really appreciate some feedback how Chee-Kam and Addo-Carr go working together.

innsaneink

Referee
Id like to see Cherrington replace Edwards
I think Edwards may keep us tighter up the middle than cherro does, tho with the ball its probab;ly a different story. without knowing the stats im under the impression cherro is a fairly fragile defender

BrotherJim05

Bench
This is the game where Brooks and Moses can show the NRL what they are truly made of. While we have some glaring holes in our 17, I feel like Brooks and Moses will have a huge game and expose the many flaws of the Eels team.
A 30+ win could put us right at the tip of the 8.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
What was all those decisions to take the two? We potentially could have put tries on. And we needed a big win.

Forwards were solid all night again. Rankin and Naiqama are still rubbish and not NRL quality

Tiger05

First Grade
What was all those decisions to take the two? We potentially could have put tries on. And we needed a big win.

Forwards were solid all night again. Rankin and Naiqama are still rubbish and not NRL quality

This is crazy talk. Naiqama was great yet again. He is a great player.

Tiger05

First Grade
2 out of 2 without madunit's best mate.

We missed Robbie. He definitely should be there. I get that he is overpaid and I feel no love for the guy but we should pick the best team.

Maybe the difference between him being there and having the extra money in the kitty is too much for Taylor to miss out on considering next year is his last year.

I don't agree with it but JT probably won't get another coaching role.

magpie guy

Juniors
Overall we beat a very poor Parramatta side and didn't really look emphatic doing it. At least we did beat a team that we were expected to beat as we often lose those games.

Dummy half service was all over the place and really stifled the attack. I still think dropping Farah is bullshit.
Nofo, Aloiai and Moses were good. Brooks injury unfortunate and Moses getting caught tackled on the 4th problematic.

Rankin really poor. Several mistakes, some defensive errors and doesn't add anything to the attack. You can be sure that JAC would have scored that try on the left.

Edwards went well and with him there I don't see why we carry Lovett. If Felise is picked instead we have some real impact coming from the bench. I would even consider starting Grant so that Sue and Felise can come on at the same time.

Tigers1986

Juniors
Scratchy win but it accomplished what we needed. Brooks' injury is a downer although Hunt or Littlejohn can do a good enough fix it role if need be the next few weeks. We defended well which is a positive sign but the attack didn't kill the game like we could have done. Big improvement required there to have any chance against the Cowboys next Sunday.

It's great to see how free Moses is without Robbie stealing the limelight from him all the time.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Yeah, because I've been demanding he gets reinstated haven't I?

Twat.

You seem to be able to call everyone else names from the Chairwomen of the Board, to the coach and anyone who doesn't criticize the decision to by-pass Farah but are extremely sensitive to an comment about your support for the man.

And I'm the twat.

Latest posts